Red's Hearty Diary

After 10 weeks in hospital, my Dad is going home on Sunday! :clap::party0011::happy036:

:party0019::talk017:

:bliss::woohoo:

Thanks to everyone who listened to my moans over the past 10 weeks. You are all stars! :)

Hi All,
Just a quickie.
Still away from home, looking after Dad so not doing so well diet-wise. I'm not going berserk so if when I get home next week I weigh the same then I will be happy. If I've put on then a few PP days will get me back on track.
Dad is very tired and the Docs have said it will be 5 months until he is (almost) back to how he was before the heart attack. They told me it is because most people wouldn't have made it through what he has so his body will take time to recover.
Haven't got time to read your diaries/posts so hope you all are keeping well.
Take care,
Red :heartpump:

its good to hear you are fine and your lovely dad is improving slowly but surely - my best wishes to him. Im still going strong on Dukan its 11 weeks since I started and can you believe it RH ive lost 26lbs - OMG cant tell you how chuffed I am didnt think id get through attack! Your priorities are with your dad and family, plenty time for dukan and minimins when you have more time take care love x :)

A big hug to you and your dad RH, am so pleased he's back home and I'm sure with all your TLC he will be back to being himself in no time! x

Hi All,
Another flying visit I'm afraid!
Was off plan for 3 weeks, but didn't go mad (a bit like Conso I should think). Anyway, I am pleased to report that I stayed the same. :)
Been back on plan for a week and lost 0.6lbs this week.
Not a huge amount BUT I am now a healthy BMI!!!! :D

Stay healthy.
Red :heartpump: xx

Red Heart that is fantastic, well done you. You must be so pleased with yourself and so you should be. It would appear that you have conquered your own body and beat it into submission - lol.

Hi Everyone,
Back again! I really ought to make more of an effort to post because I think it really helps keep me on track. :eek:
Lost 1.2lbs this week which I am pleased with. I've only got 5.8lbs left until target. I must admit I am finding this last half stone hard to shift. I know weight loss slows near the end but I must also get back my enthusiasm for trying new recipes. I think I am stuck in a bit of a rut tbh and I think eating different foods does give the body a kick start.
Hope you are all well and still losing (don't know if anyone reads my diary any more, though lol!).

Take care,

Hi RH, everything OK? It's been a while you've been on here, just wondering how you're doing and how your dad's doing too. x

Hello! :wave_cry: *waves sheepishly* :eek:
How are you all?
Sorry I went AWOL but I crashed and burned big time. :cry:
After my last post back in November I fell off the Dukan wagon and only got back on it on the 2nd of March.:eek:
I didn't go beserk when I went off Dukan - still didn't have alcohol BUT did have choc, bread, crisps, pasta etc. :sigh: :eatdrink051:
Anyway, I finally plucked up the courage 11 days ago to weigh in again and get back on track. I had gained 6.8lbs which was much better than I had expected and after 3 days on Attack I lost 2 of those gained pounds and then another 2lbs this week. Another 2.8lbs to lose and I'll be back to where I was in November. I am so silly at wasting those 3 months as I was only 5.8lbs off target.
Anyway, onwards and downwards weight wise.
Hope you all are well and hoping to catch up with a few familiar names.
Take care,

welcome back :D

Ah RH lovely to see you back and how good is that only 6lbs - WOW
I'm still plodding along just a few little pounds to go .........
I hope you dont mind me asking but how is your Dad? x

Hello All,
Thanks for the welcome back!
I'm still plodding along slowly but surely - just a 0.4lb loss last week but then I did have a 3 course meal out on Mother's Day! :eek:
I know as I've only 8lbs to lose it will take time now BUT last week I got an allotment, so lots of digging etc for me. That should help! :D

Chris, thanks for asking about Dad. He's doing okay thanks. We saw him at the beginning of the month and I must admit he was worse than when I had seen him last time which concerned me. Good news is that he has accepted an offer on his house so once that goes through he will be moving near me! :) Relief all round and it will take lots of pressure off him. How is your Dad? Forgive me if I have the wrong person but I *think* it was your Dad who was ill last year too.

Take care all,

Glad to hear things are improving for you and soon your Dad too :) great to see you fully into the dukan swing too!

Keep up the good work xx

Chris, thanks for asking about Dad. He's doing okay thanks. We saw him at the beginning of the month and I must admit he was worse than when I had seen him last time which concerned me. Good news is that he has accepted an offer on his house so once that goes through he will be moving near me! :) Relief all round and it will take lots of pressure off him. How is your Dad? Forgive me if I have the wrong person but I *think* it was your Dad who was ill last year too.

Take care all,

Hi RH so good to hear your Dad is well - you will feel so much better too once he is nearer to your home.
It was Mirjam's Dad in Holland who was poorly at the same time as yours.

Congrats on getting the allotment - loads of rhubarb then ;) x

Back