Red's Hearty Diary

Thanks again Ladies. :)
Dad is doing so much better now. He's hoping he will be home in 2 weeks which, considering just 2 weeks ago we thought we'd lose him, is fantastic news. Things are looking much more positive now. :)

Dietwise, a 2.8lb loss this morning. However, I didn't drink much yesterday so fear it may be a false reading so we shall see how I get on next week.
I'm now 25.9 BMI so almost within the healthy range.
Boys back to school tomorrow so will be back to my daily walks. It will be great to get back into a routine again.

Have a good one!
Red :heartpump: xx

Super news and super loss! :happy096: I know what you mean about waiting to claim - I like to see the same numbers or lower for a few days before I feel I own it. Keep up the fab work and hopefully with the increased walking you'll keep flying downwards on the scales. :)Xx

Well for the first time in the 12 weeks since I've been on Dukan, I have cheated. :cry:
I am so angry with myself. :banghead:

Yesterday I baked some chocolate shortbread for the family. It was a new recipe so I tested a tiny piece of it to see if it was good. It was, so I had half a slice. :eek:
Anyway, I didn't beat myself up over that BUT then today happened...

Boys back at school and for the first time in 6 weeks I was on my own. I was so down. It's like I've been on auto-pilot these past 6 weeks, not wanting to worry anyone so I have kept going. Well today it hit and I just wanted to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head and shut out the world. I've been crying a lot today and then I had the other half of the slice from last night AND another slice on top. :sigh: My reasoning was, what does it matter if I'm slim, I'll still be me? (Sorry I do have self-esteem issues which surface when I get low). Result is, I feel worse than ever.
I went for a 30 min walk but all I keep thinking was Dukans analogy - cheat and it is like popping a balloon and undoing all the work you've already done.
So there you have it. It's the first time I've cheated so we shall see what damage I have done. I suppose I'll be out of light ketosis now? I'm supposed to be doing PV tomorrow (I alternate). Should I continue alternating or do PP for a few days?
Any advice greatly received.
I am ashamed that I allowed my greed to get the better of me and I am sorry for such a self-indulgent and self-pitying post.
Take care.

Aw red heart, so sorry to hear you are feeling so low. Don't beat yourself up because in actual fact, for a cheat, it was an incredibly restrained one!

You are in this for the long term, and none of us are perfect so we are certain to have bad days along the way. The important thing is not to let these down times dishearten you. You have definitely not destroyed everything you have done! You have lost over 2 stone which an incredible achievement! Can you imagine how many of those slices you would have to eat to put all that back on?

So put it into perspective. It was a TINY blip. Instead of thinking about what damage (if any) you MIGHT have done, get out old photos and see how far you have come - see what you actually HAVE done. Congratulate yourself on what you have achieved so far because not many manage what you have.

Don't dwell on what happened today, instead congratulate yourself for coming this far without going off track. Because that really is something to be proud of.

PP for a few days if you feel you need to help your body back into ketosis and know that this will all be behind you really soon x

Bless you. A virtual hug is coming your way. After all you have been through in these last weeks, staying on plan in the most desparate of situations, you need a medal not a kick up the bum! Have a long drink of water, gain a little bit of perpective and give yourself some love, lady. As the previous poster said, it was a very restrained off road moment and I would do a PP day and then back to your normal routine. If weighing yourself could make you fall a little further if you have a gain, don't do it and wait till you are back on track.

:patback: Aww RH, don't beat yourself up about it! Everyone will understand cos of all the stress you've been having the last couple of weeks. So you've had a relapse, don't worry you're not the only one! Just put it behind you, do a couple of days PP and drink lots of water. Don't be ashamed, you have already accomplished SO much... and again, no need to apologise for "ranting" as you call it, that's what this forum is here for, we're here for better for worse. :D
xxx

Keep going red heart! Just put it behind you. I've had lapses but you just gonna jump back on the wagon again :) I was naughty on my birthday and had some cake.... Keep going, you are doing so well xx

RH if I admire anybody on this forum it is u love - and I still do. You have been an inspiration to us in the past few weeks. When I was in a similar situation I could just about function let alone lose weight. You can get past this little blip and at sometime in the future im sure me and a few others will be posting something similar and you will be here to help us xxx

Thanks Everyone. (can't find the "Thanks" button?!) :confused:

Well weigh in today was a 1.4lb loss which I am happy with after my blip earlier in the week. :eek:
I'm almost out of the overweight range now so hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have a BMI of less than 25. :)

I tried on a very old pair of jeans today. I used to wear them when I was about a stone lighter than I am now (11 years ago!) :eek: Anyway, when I started out on this diet, I tried them on and I couldn't even get them above my knees! :eek: I can now get them on and done up! :D Okay, they are still a tad too tight to wear - if I didn't need to breath they'd be fine, though! :8855: Hopefully in a few weeks they will fit. I should imagine they are "old fashioned" now but it is so long since I wore jeans tbh I'm not sure what is "in" anymore (apart from skinny jeans which I could never wear).
I bought a pair of Sketchers Shape-ups yesterday so walks may prove interesting...

On the Dad front, I've spoken to the docs and they admitted they didn't expect him to make it this far and that he's not out of the woods yet. :( Still he IS lots better than he was a few weeks ago, the problem is he hasn't improved over the last 10 days like he should. Hopefully time is all he needs.

Take care.

I like the jeans bit RH, not the dad-part... will send you and your dad warm thoughts and my love. Hopefully time will heal your dad. Well done on the weight loss! x

Thanks. How is your Dad doing?
I am trying to catch up and post on the diaries but the internet is sooooooo slow here tonight and I type posts and then lose them. :( Think I'll shall stick to reading this eve and post another day when connection is better.

My dad's still so-so, when I spoke to him earlier this week he sounded ok but my mum told me that he's still very weak and he seems to be very absent minded and vague. Now she's worried that he might start showing early Alzheimer's... My gran's suffering from Alzheimer's too but I think it might be from all the meds he has been taking and is taking for his prostate cancer and diabetes. At least, I hope that that's what causing it....
I've had a case of slow internet myself yesterday. It's time the whole of the UK switches over to fibre glass cables! x

Hello Everyone,
Sorry I went AWOL - just real life getting in the way! :rolleyes:
Dad is finally improving and is hoping to leave hospital this week. I think it may well be the week after, but we shall see.
My step-dad is also hoping to leave hospital this week. Mum is waiting for a ramp to arrive because he will be in a wheelchair, but once that's in place he can go home. :)

Diet wise, I lost 0.4lbs last week and 1.2lbs this week. Weight loss is definitely slowing down now I'm on the last 9lbs. I am also aware that I'm not sticking to it 100% at the moment. This is mainly due to the fact that I am trying out different recipes so that I can cook for Dad when he leaves hospital. As he is on dialysis he cannot eat the "usual" things I make for the family so I am having to try new recipes. As they are new recipes I have to have a little bit to ensure they are good enough. I am not going mad with it, but it is still non-Dukan. Made a delicious Steak & Ale Pie last week but only had a small piece of pastry. I know this is not good for my diet, but at the moment my Dad takes priority. I've not succumbed to chocolate bars, bread or anything like that thankfully.

I took my measurements last week - I do this once a month. Another 8.5 inches gone!
Since starting Dukan, I've lost 32.6lbs and 30.5 inches! :D I'm thrilled!

Hope you all are well. I've got a cold which HAS to be gone by the end of the week as I cannot see Dad and risk him getting it. Off to take my viramins now.
Take care.
Red :heartpump:

RH, with all that's going on for you and now that you're down to the last 9 lbs your weight loss still encourages me. Glad to hear dad is on the road to recovery and I totally understand the need to nibble a little of what you're cooking - recipes always require the chef to taste for seasoning! ;) Xx

Back