*******Reductil-one week down*******

Here's my update as it's now been a week i've been on Reductil -

First of all i haven't counted points, but instead, i have been having 3 meals a day with no snacks inbetween :) The first couple of days i thought to myself it wasn't going to work as i was still eating about the same. But then by day 3/4 my attitude was completely different!

I didn't want to stuff my face and i wasn't getting excited about what i was about to eat! This was really weird for me,lol!

I'm taking the capsule about 9am. No real side effects for me except a slight dry mouth/lips to begin with but not so much now. Also, either going to bed but getting up a couple of hours later or waking up really early WIDE AWAKE,lol!

I don't have any cravings for anything... weird...!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get weighed for another 3wks by my Doctor and i'm hoping to have lost 8lbs by then. I have to see the Nurse next week though to get my blood pressure checked.

I'm going to have a week of counting points this week.

Hubby was up from London and he told me there was a huge difference in my attitude towards food as he's so used to me eating at every turn,lol! He even bought chinese and tempted me but i had no interest!!!!! "SHOCK!!"

congrats Feathers, sounds like Reductil is going to help :) are you going to weigh yourself weekly between the doc's appointments or are you just going to wait a whole month? xxx

Hi blackwidow,

I'm going to just wait till the month is up because if i start weighing on my scales again, and i see a gain or sts then i'm going to get messed up in my head again. It's a real problem for me! Where as if i wait and not think about scales then i'm hoping it will be a nice surprise :)

Strangely, and i don't know if anyone else has experienced this but, i actually feel alot more relaxed as a person which is great. Maybe it's because i'm not constantly jumping on and off my scales - their under my bed so i can't see them,lol!

that sounds like a really good plan - glad its working for you :) x

Hi Feather. Great to hear you sounding so positive. Today is day 7 of my new WW plan and I have to say, I think I've done OK. Should be going to weigh in tonight but it keeps snowing here (Yorks) so we will see what the weather is like at 7.30 ! I had a curry from the takeway on Saturday night but I think I had enough points to cover it and didn't have any alchohol to wash it down so consider that "damage limitation". Will let you know how I get on. Keep up the good work, i'm sure a lot of this dieting business is as much about your "state of mind" as what you actually put in your mouth !

X

When I was on reductil I was only weighed once a month I think its better as gives a more balanced picture over the month. When it did not work for me she increased the dose to 15mg, they stop it if you dont lose enough because it obviously does not work for everyone. I wished it had worked for me as it was soul destroying going each month to see no change but the progress is charted on your medical records and this proved to the PCT (with other things) that I had been trying for a long time to lose weight and helped me get the funding for my bypass. Good luck chick and stick with it, drink plenty of water...xx

Feather, glad to hear Reductil is working well for you. Hopefully, this is the thing you need to help you get your weight down. One thing I can say from reading your posts is that you sound so much more positive and happier.

Here's my update as it's now been a week i've been on Reductil -

Glad Reductil is working well for you - cant wait to see your results in 3 weeks time!x

Hi Feather. Great to hear you sounding so positive. Today is day 7 of my new WW plan and I have to say, I think I've done OK. Should be going to weigh in tonight but it keeps snowing here (Yorks) so we will see what the weather is like at 7.30 ! I had a curry from the takeway on Saturday night but I think I had enough points to cover it and didn't have any alchohol to wash it down so consider that "damage limitation". Will let you know how I get on. Keep up the good work, i'm sure a lot of this dieting business is as much about your "state of mind" as what you actually put in your mouth !

X

hi Dobo :) thanks!

Did you get out for your weigh in, and if so, how did you get on?

Yeah i totally agree that our state of mind has alot to do with our ability to lose weight. Mine must be bloody awful,lol!

When I was on reductil I was only weighed once a month I think its better as gives a more balanced picture over the month. When it did not work for me she increased the dose to 15mg, they stop it if you dont lose enough because it obviously does not work for everyone. I wished it had worked for me as it was soul destroying going each month to see no change but the progress is charted on your medical records and this proved to the PCT (with other things) that I had been trying for a long time to lose weight and helped me get the funding for my bypass. Good luck chick and stick with it, drink plenty of water...xx

hi charliegirl :)

I really hope my Doctor offers me the higher dose if the scales show the dose i'm on now isn't working...! All she said to me was she would take me off them if i hadn't lost 10lbs in 3mths. Here's me hoping to lose 8lbs in 4wks,:8855:!!!!

I'm so glad that it all worked out for the better in the long run for you. Sometimes things work or don't work for a reason eh? :)

Can i ask, did you feel any different while taking Reductil? I've mentioned my wee changes like no cravings etc and i'm just wondering if you experienced this but still didn't lose?

Also, was there a difference in any way in how you felt between taking the 10mg and the 15mg?

Feather, glad to hear Reductil is working well for you. Hopefully, this is the thing you need to help you get your weight down. One thing I can say from reading your posts is that you sound so much more positive and happier.

hi minime :)

:wow:! that's amazing that you can tell that from my posts as it's very true!!!!

It seems to have a calming effect on me :D

So how are you?

I meant to say, i did phone the Weight Management Centre last Thursday and they said they would send out an appointment so i'm still waiting.

Also, i know i said i would count points this week but i don't really see the point (pardon the pun!) as i know i'm not over eating or snacking :) Not only that, but when i start to count points as in the past couple of days, i suddenly became a bit paranoid!!!? Obviously if i don't have a good weight loss in 3wks then i'm deffo over eating even although i'm not snacking and so i'll NEED to count points.

I've got my appointment with the Nurse booked for next Tuesday to check my blood pressure - i hope it's ok as i really don't want to come off Reductil!!

hi charliegirl :)

I really hope my Doctor offers me the higher dose if the scales show the dose i'm on now isn't working...! All she said to me was she would take me off them if i hadn't lost 10lbs in 3mths. Here's me hoping to lose 8lbs in 4wks,:8855:!!!!

I'm so glad that it all worked out for the better in the long run for you. Sometimes things work or don't work for a reason eh? :)

Can i ask, did you feel any different while taking Reductil? I've mentioned my wee changes like no cravings etc and i'm just wondering if you experienced this but still didn't lose?

Also, was there a difference in any way in how you felt between taking the 10mg and the 15mg?

Hi feathers no I felt no different taking the tablets just had a dry mouth, I was concerned in case there was nothing in them (placebo affect) even when the dose was increased it made no difference. I think you have to want them to work as well if you know what I mean, I did not have any faith after the first few months when nothing was happening. Your GP should try the increased dose after three months though and I would persist with it if the lower dose is not working. I think my main problem was I ate really healthy just far too much as my stomach was stretched requiring more food. I used to eat little and often and it got to a lot and often. I wish you luck and dont be afraid to ask for the higher dose you never know...I will keep popping in to see how you do...xx

Back