*******Reductil-one week down*******

Hi

I've been on both and to be honest neither really worked for me. My diet is relatively low fat anyway so the Xenical did really do anything and as for the Reductil, I had a really good loss the first few weeks (a total of about 8pnds which is good for me) but I think it was more because I was trying really hard rather than the drug. I read on the net that some people "forget to eat" when they are on them because these work so well but unfortunately this wasn't my experience and after three months I didn't go back to the doctors because I felt a complete failure that even with the aid of drugs, I couldn't loose weight. There are great success stories on the internet so maybe its just me !?!?!

hi Dobo :) thankyou for telling me your experience!

Can i ask, did you have alot to lose last time you were on Reductil? Did you find yourself hungry while on it? What time of day did you take it? Sorry for all the questions :eek:

It does go to show that while one drug may work for one person, it might not be a success for another! All we can do is give them the benefit of the doubt and try them for ourselves. It is however, interesting to hear the different experiences. Hopefully my Doctor will give me Reductil and then i can give my experience to others, good or bad :)

Good Luck with whatever diet your doing now,...IF, you are on a diet that is,lol!

Results are in tomorrow but i won't be able to see my Doctor till next Tuesday morning when she's back in Surgery. I'm going to phone tomorrow after 3pm to see if the results are actually in though.

Not sure what they can really tell me over the phone about blood results. I think if there was something to be concerned about, then they would want me to go in, which i am doing on Tues.

Hi Feathers

I've probably got about 2.5 stone to loose to be my perfect weight but I'd settle for a stone or 1.5. I took reductil first thing in the morning. To be honest, I didn't notice a big reduction in my appetite (I was on the 10mg dose) but I think the reason I am fat is that I don't only eat when I'm hungry ! I eat when i'm happy, sad, bored, stressed, etc. etc., basically i'm just greedy ! I had hoped that Reductil would be some sort of miricle answer to my weight problem but the fact is, you still have to control what you put in your mouth ! At the moment I'm doing WW for 2 days a week and eating from 5 ! I just can't seem to get going and then its the cycle of eating cos you're fat/fat cos you're eating ! I'm 40 next May and really want to loose some weight before then. Every day is going to be the start of my new diet and I just keep blowing it ! Bet you wish you'd never asked now !! LOL.

I really hope it works for you and you'll soon be "light as a FEATHER" !

Hi Feathers

I've probably got about 2.5 stone to loose to be my perfect weight but I'd settle for a stone or 1.5. I took reductil first thing in the morning. To be honest, I didn't notice a big reduction in my appetite (I was on the 10mg dose) but I think the reason I am fat is that I don't only eat when I'm hungry ! I eat when i'm happy, sad, bored, stressed, etc. etc., basically i'm just greedy ! I had hoped that Reductil would be some sort of miricle answer to my weight problem but the fact is, you still have to control what you put in your mouth ! At the moment I'm doing WW for 2 days a week and eating from 5 ! I just can't seem to get going and then its the cycle of eating cos you're fat/fat cos you're eating ! I'm 40 next May and really want to loose some weight before then. Every day is going to be the start of my new diet and I just keep blowing it ! Bet you wish you'd never asked now !! LOL.

I really hope it works for you and you'll soon be "light as a FEATHER" !

I wish i had only 2.5st to lose,lol but i'll bet your 2.5st feels as bad and as long a journey as my 6st!!!! lol!

I also eat for all the same reasons. Although, i have to say, when i really am happy, i tend to manage my food intake so much better. Which means, i must be unhappy MOST of the time?!... Ticht! Just aswell i'm going to this weight management centre :)

I guess i'm hoping Reductil will be some miricle weightloss aid for me too!

It's interesting what your saying about your appetite though... I'll take it the Doctor didn't offer you the 15mg? Do you think if you got it, it would have helped? I guess you'll never know unless you were to go back on it.. We try diets over and over, is Reductil (stronger strength) something you would try again?

I KNOW so clearly where your coming from and NO, i'm not sorry i asked ;) It actually makes me feel less alone! We always think we're the only ones that feel this way and do these things, but infact we learn more and more through sites like this that there are many of us out there. We need to connect and share our experiences and maybe something we say may help someone else :) does that sound silly? :eek:

Let me know when you get past Day2 !!! :) I'm not actually dieting right now but as soon as the Doc gives me Reductil, i'll be doing WW again :) We can help each other along each day!!

I phoned for my blood results late this afternoon, and they were all clear!!! :)

Next step is the Doctor on Tues morning :)

Also recieved my letter today from the Glasgow Weight Management Service asking me to phone them if i still want to go ahead with it. Of course i do, so i'll phone them Monday morning :)

I phoned for my blood results late this afternoon, and they were all clear!!! :)

Next step is the Doctor on Tues morning :)

Also recieved my letter today from the Glasgow Weight Management Service asking me to phone them if i still want to go ahead with it. Of course i do, so i'll phone them Monday morning :)

Glad the blood test results came back okay and Good news about the weight management! Best of luck with it Feathers!x

thankyou minime, Anna and Emma :)

I went to see the Doc this morning and she gave me Reductil (10mg) As my app was at 10.15am i didn't take my first capsule till about 10.45am. As of tomorrow i'll take it about 8am.

I have to see the Nurse in 2wks to get my blood checked etc and then 2wks after that i have to see my Doctor to get weighed - i'm only getting weighed once a month, is this normal? The Doctor said if i haven't lost 10lbs in 3mths then she would have to take me off them - no offer of the higher dose... Also, she said you can only take it for 12mths!

The Doctor weighed me but i told her not to tell me what i weigh untill i get to 12st,lol, loooong wait! I do want her to tell me how many pounds i lose in the month though :)

Here goes... :) wish me luck in my first month :) ;)

Thanks again x x

I wish i had only 2.5st to lose,lol but i'll bet your 2.5st feels as bad and as long a journey as my 6st!!!! lol!

I also eat for all the same reasons. Although, i have to say, when i really am happy, i tend to manage my food intake so much better. Which means, i must be unhappy MOST of the time?!... Ticht! Just aswell i'm going to this weight management centre :)

I guess i'm hoping Reductil will be some miricle weightloss aid for me too!

It's interesting what your saying about your appetite though... I'll take it the Doctor didn't offer you the 15mg? Do you think if you got it, it would have helped? I guess you'll never know unless you were to go back on it.. We try diets over and over, is Reductil (stronger strength) something you would try again?

I KNOW so clearly where your coming from and NO, i'm not sorry i asked ;) It actually makes me feel less alone! We always think we're the only ones that feel this way and do these things, but infact we learn more and more through sites like this that there are many of us out there. We need to connect and share our experiences and maybe something we say may help someone else :) does that sound silly? :eek:

Let me know when you get past Day2 !!! :) I'm not actually dieting right now but as soon as the Doc gives me Reductil, i'll be doing WW again :) We can help each other along each day!!

Hi Feather

Just caught up with your diary, hope its going OK. To answer your questions, I have two stone to loose at the moment, the most overweight I've ever been is about 4.5 but I've battled with my weight all my life and joined my first slimming club at 16. In those 20+ years Ive probably losed and gained about 20 stone ! I would have liked to try 15mg but to be honest my last appointment was with a young, slim, female doctor who told me she didn't really see why I was on it and although it was desirable for me to loose weight I wasn't clinically obese ! Very nice !! I came away with my tail between my legs feeling a complete fraud and gave up ! Today is the start of another WW journey, joined a new class yesterday (about the 4th re-join this year) but as I've said on here before, I need to control it or it controls me and being a ww member, however successful, at least stops me gaining and gives me a little bit of that control. Don't be disheartened by my experience, I know it works for lots of people, really hope you are one of them.

x

I'm doing it again ! The amount I have to loose jumps about depending on whether I'm in denile or not ! I weigh 12.2, I should weigh 9.3 but I'd settle for 10.5 - you do the maths !!

My computer is playing up so this might be on three times - soz if it is !

X

Hi Feather

Just caught up with your diary, hope its going OK. To answer your questions, I have two stone to loose at the moment, the most overweight I've ever been is about 4.5 but I've battled with my weight all my life and joined my first slimming club at 16. In those 20+ years Ive probably losed and gained about 20 stone ! I would have liked to try 15mg but to be honest my last appointment was with a young, slim, female doctor who told me she didn't really see why I was on it and although it was desirable for me to loose weight I wasn't clinically obese ! Very nice !! I came away with my tail between my legs feeling a complete fraud and gave up ! Today is the start of another WW journey, joined a new class yesterday (about the 4th re-join this year) but as I've said on here before, I need to control it or it controls me and being a ww member, however successful, at least stops me gaining and gives me a little bit of that control. Don't be disheartened by my experience, I know it works for lots of people, really hope you are one of them.

x

Hi Dobo,

You say at one time you had about 4 or 5 stone to lose! Well done you for getting it down to 2st! ;) was this with WW or like me sometimes, luck,lol!? Yes like you i was young when i first started dieting. I particularly remember going on the pill at 18 and suddenly my thighs got big!! They've never changed since! :( I don't have that nice wee space between my thighs that many women have when they stand still,lol!

I'm sorry you had that experience with your Doctor! It seems so unfair! Basically he/she is saying if you put on and become obese then we'll give you it!!!!! How stupid is that??? For some people, like yourself, 2st can seem alot to try and shift even although your not classed as obese, and therefore NEED that help, 2st, 4st, it's still a huge struggle.

How is WW going?

I'm doing it again ! The amount I have to loose jumps about depending on whether I'm in denile or not ! I weigh 12.2, I should weigh 9.3 but I'd settle for 10.5 - you do the maths !!

My computer is playing up so this might be on three times - soz if it is !

X

Hey Dobo! :)

Have you started Reductil? :) Did you see the same Doctor?

Back