Refeed panic help help

anne-mariep

Silver Member
Ok so im not refeeding til next thursday but im having huge cravings now did anyone else feel like this wen they were getting close to refeed???????

Im really scared as i havn't had cravings at all. Also have TOTM so that cud be contributing but ive a sore stomach so not exactly hungry its all cravings. And im scared to death maybe im not ready for food.

HI Annemarie..
Oh yes, and I do remember a few people who had been on LT for months and months with no problems at all with cravings or food and then all of a sudden as they were nearing goal or re-feed they started struggling.

Not sure why to be honest, but I think it is that old thing about a season for everything (so to speak)!! Sometimes we think "how on earth did I manage that for so long" but at the time it wasnt a problem....a season.....then months later, no way, you couldnt even think about it or have the willpower...

Just out of curiosity, why is your refeed not till next Thursday? Do you have shakes till then? Is it because you will be at goal then? Sorry, maybe I have read your post but I dont recall what you said..sorry! Maybe you need to evaluate your date and bring forward...I say this because it could (and I stress could) jeopardise your hard work. Or it could just be a craving and the fact your are nearing refeed......lots will be going on in your mind at the minute.

I refed 2 wks before my hol, then came back to LT to get to goal, but after about 10 days I just didnt think it was right for me to continue..I felt I was starting to resent LT and didnt want to go backwards. So, I refed again to get to goal, although not quite got to it yet!

Just step back and have a long hard think, but be realistic and honest with yourself....Dont panic either as you may just make the wrong decision.

Hope this helps Anne-Marie......

HI Annemarie..
Oh yes, and I do remember a few people who had been on LT for months and months with no problems at all with cravings or food and then all of a sudden as they were nearing goal or re-feed they started struggling.

Not sure why to be honest, but I think it is that old thing about a season for everything (so to speak)!! Sometimes we think "how on earth did I manage that for so long" but at the time it wasnt a problem....a season.....then months later, no way, you couldnt even think about it or have the willpower...

Just out of curiosity, why is your refeed not till next Thursday? Do you have shakes till then? Is it because you will be at goal then? Sorry, maybe I have read your post but I dont recall what you said..sorry! Maybe you need to evaluate your date and bring forward...I say this because it could (and I stress could) jeopardise your hard work. Or it could just be a craving and the fact your are nearing refeed......lots will be going on in your mind at the minute.

I refed 2 wks before my hol, then came back to LT to get to goal, but after about 10 days I just didnt think it was right for me to continue..I felt I was starting to resent LT and didnt want to go backwards. So, I refed again to get to goal, although not quite got to it yet!

Just step back and have a long hard think, but be realistic and honest with yourself....Dont panic either as you may just make the wrong decision.

Hope this helps Anne-Marie......

Basically i was told on Tuesday by pharmacist and doctor that i was only allowed to do tfr for one more week. I didnt want to do refeed this week as i have a stomach bug so cant imagine eating real food. I have shakes for another week so dats a small reason but not huge as i know i will still be having shakes for my 2 week refeed.

I guess most of all im doin it next week instead of today coz i feel i need that time to do the last bit of preparing even thou im already really prepared with menus etc i havnt done my shopping for veg and meats etc. I also think i need the extra week to calm myself ive had a lot of changes in the last few days so need time to adjust. Dont want tings happening too fast or i might snap.

i want to be in the right frame of mind on refeed and i dont tink i am at the min. I will get there. Also im off sick from work so have extra time to panic so haha dats not helping. Ill be ok gonna do my shopping tomorrow well some of it. So ill prob relax a bit then.

Thanks for responding i really appreciate it.

Ah, two things spring to mind...too much time on your hands with being off sick and the fact you are not 100% either...makes sense.

You have it all stitched up Anne-Marie; think you probably just needed to air it - sometimes speaking it aloud, or writing it down helps to reaffirm exactly what you need to do.

It isnt long really when you think about it, but take it one day at a time..if, for instance you think in a few days time that you feel the time is now, then go for it....you will know when.....

Be kind to yourself if you have had a bit of a rough time recently and your body is a bit run down and poorly....give yourself some pampering - bubbly bath, with a glass of sparkly vino (water), paint your toenails, have a home face mask; just spoil yourself and relax a little in time for your re-adjustment next week.

Take good care of yourself,,remember relax :)

Ah, two things spring to mind...too much time on your hands with being off sick and the fact you are not 100% either...makes sense.

You have it all stitched up Anne-Marie; think you probably just needed to air it - sometimes speaking it aloud, or writing it down helps to reaffirm exactly what you need to do.

It isnt long really when you think about it, but take it one day at a time..if, for instance you think in a few days time that you feel the time is now, then go for it....you will know when.....

Be kind to yourself if you have had a bit of a rough time recently and your body is a bit run down and poorly....give yourself some pampering - bubbly bath, with a glass of sparkly vino (water), paint your toenails, have a home face mask; just spoil yourself and relax a little in time for your re-adjustment next week.

Take good care of yourself,,remember relax :)

Thanks im gonna go clothes shopping tomorrow something ive been putting off since i started needing new clothes. Lets hope that makes me feel good.

Yeah i tink i need to just relax, im stressing over the silly tings. Thanks again.

oh enjoy your shopping trip...I used to HATE shopping cause everything I loved looked awful on me....now, different story..spent a fortune since losing weight...you will enjoy it I am sure.

We all stress; the shakes were so much easier and convenient and took out thinking for such a long time...we need to relearn to think again about food and putting weight on, etc, etc, etc....when for months all that was happening was losing and losing and losing!!! A different dimension now but one you will hopefully get to grips with soon.

Back