refeed???

soon2Byummymummy!

Silver Member
Hey guys even though i am a long way off i was wondering about refeed??? how long do you have to refeed for and if you refeed properly will we put the weight back on??? or will it come back on anyway??? i plan on totally changing my diet after LT but what are the chances of putting weight back on??? :confused: a colleague at work who doesn't have to watch her weight keeps telling me that i will pile it back on once i start to eat normally as she knows someone who did and refed but has still put what she lost back on and more????

Ignore that arrogant, jealous person at work! *cough* prate *cough*

Honey, refeed for 2 weeks. Follow the plan to the letter and then after its about portion control and changing old eating habits. You must realise that you seriously cant ever go back to what you were eating before (portion and content wise) and so in there somewhere you know what you need to do. We all do.

Its all about making sensible choices and exercising regulary to maintain. If you go around eating willy nilly whatever you want then yep, you will pile the weight on.

It will take time but we will all get there and will all start to realise what and how much we can eat. Just make it the right foods! :)

I guess one major thing to is to think ahead! Be planned.
When you go shopping make sure you have your meals planned out for the week ahead and only buy exactly what you need. I planned my refeed this week and am refeeding next week. Already have the list of exactly what i need to buy. It really helps :)

You will be ok though honey. The refeed section on here is great - lots of info so when you got a chance pop over and have a look. The maintainence section is pretty amaze too! Jan and Mary have done amazingly well maintaining for months now so have a nose at their diaries when the time is near :) xxx

This colleague is probably just jealous of your super weight loss so far! :) xxx

I can't comment on the refeed element of your post but just wanted to say that with regards to the work colleague saying you will "pile it all back on" I'd ignore her, like the others have said, she is just jealous. No matter what weightloss plan you were following there are always those who set out to sabotage your efforts, physically and psychologically. Some people just can't handle the successes of others, makes them feel a failure so they feel the need to burst your bubble also.

It makes sense that the way you, we, all of us here on LT, ate before made us overweight, if we do it again after LT it will once more make us overweight. Am more than sure you're not going to let that happen, not after all your hard work. Following a healthy lifestyle after LT seems to me a sure way to keep the weight off and be fit and healthy for the rest of your life. Sure, there will be times your weight will yo-yo a little, but that's normal for everyone.

Keep up the good work and don't let the numpties get you down ^.^

Isn't it amazing how skinny people are the automatic authority on nutrition and how to eat healthily- I bet she survives on skinny lattes!

Of course if you go back to eating 'normally' (i.e. the way you normally ate) you'll pile the weight back on- you have to educate yourself as to what is actual normal eating. I myself was amazed at how small a portion of pasta & rice was supposed to be, and cereal- don't get me started!!! For me- portion control was a big part of why I was the weight I was- that and my carb intake!! LOL!
Use your time on LT to educate yourself on good/'bad' foods. Learn what your body needs to function efficiently (remember things like the bodys needs a certain amount of fat- just make it 'good' fats!) and try writing out meals you normally have, and how you can make them healthier? Sort of like 'Gok-ing' your diet. You'll be grand. In a while you'll be skinny & happy, she'll still be skinny and snotty!

Tanya,

My mum is currently refeeding, and I have looked through her sheets, and it suggests that days 4-7 may be continued for several weeks - especially if you have lost a lot of weight -5/6 stones or more (which I WILL be doing). What do you think about doing this, is it reccommended?

Clair x

Last edited:
omg!!! irish just have to say i love gok wan!!! he is awesome!! could never go on how to look good naked though but would love him as a best friend lol psml!!!:)
i flippin love Gok!! i think i actually would go on that - ok so its embarrassing but everyone seems to enjoy themselves! and you get to spend ages with Gok, and he basically gives you a wardrobe, and random strangers say lovely things about you!

hmm perhaps i'll apply... when i've lost the weight!!

LOL! Go for it Ladies- maybe he should have a Lipotrim special!!

Now there's an idea irish??!! lol! sarah lou shall we go on together WHEN we have lost all our weight lol only then!!! he just seems to make them feel so good about themselves!!! he is lovely!!! we could have our own fan club sticky!!! lol

Tanya,

My mum is currently refeeding, and I have looked through her sheets, and it suggests that days 4-7 may be continued for several weeks - especially if you have lost a lot of weight -5/6 stones or more (which I WILL be doing). What do you think about doing this, is it reccommended?

Clair x

Yup. Do as the sheet says. Its reccomended that you do it for longer the more you have lost so your body is able to readjust again to eating certain food groups as losing so much weight means that you mustve been off food for a good period of time.

Last time i only did 1 week refeed - this time i will be doing 2 :)

Thanks Tanya, I just thought I would ask as it seemed as if everyone was just refeeding for 1 week no matter how much they had lost. My mum has lost around 2 stone, so 1 week is okay for her, isn't it?

Clair x

Yeah i was wondering about the refeeding as well so great post. ill have lost bout 4 stone how long shud i do refeeding? and do you just do day 1-3 then do 4-7 for one and a half weeks if your refeeding for 2 weeks????

Let me tell you... I've been eating for three weeks now... I have not gained a single pound, I lost three in the first week and stayed the same the next two. And it was my birthday so had lots of rubbish junky stuff and loads of alcohol... got back to salads and steamed fish as soon as I could though. If you change your eating habits, the chances of gaining are very low, you'll probably fluctuate 3/4lbs.

Hope that helps! =)

x

Thanks Tanya, I just thought I would ask as it seemed as if everyone was just refeeding for 1 week no matter how much they had lost. My mum has lost around 2 stone, so 1 week is okay for her, isn't it?

Clair x

Yeah 1 week refeed should be ok :)

Yeah i was wondering about the refeeding as well so great post. ill have lost bout 4 stone how long shud i do refeeding? and do you just do day 1-3 then do 4-7 for one and a half weeks if your refeeding for 2 weeks????

Up to you anne-marie - i'd be inclined to do it for 4 weeks but its complelty up to you.

For 2 weeks refeed you do: week 1 ... days 1-3 then 4-7 ... Then week two you repeat days 4-7 all week :)

Back