Refocus group - all welcome!

I feel the same phoenyx, feel like I've not rewarded myself If I haven't eaten yummy food.......just got to retrain ourselves I guess.

I'm on day 4 and a bit more hungry today but powering through!

X

I'm struggling a bit today, Phoenyx, but am hanging in there. The weekends do seem harder than the week, especially being around two young girls and a husband with very healthy appetites and preparing most of their meals. Aargh!

Hi folks

Well, I'm in...I want to lose 10lbs. I dont think its realistic to target this as a loss in April, as I'm now completely off the packs. I'll aim for 7lbs I think. I'm going to continue going to mgt class and getting weighed on a Saturday morning. Other than that, my plan is to be fairly strict during the week and a bit more lenient at the weekend. I also plan to step up the exercise. I'd better update my tickers :)

Hello, Debbi! (waves from under duvet at safe distance from kitchen and wine rack).

We can and will do this! All of us! My first weigh in will be Tuesday and I'm hoping it's going to spur me on. Switched to slim and save packs today for variety and they're surprisingly pleasant!

(gnaws on duvet... Phoenyx I've got the munchies too, but I am sooooooo determined!)

Yup, I've just drunk another half a litre of water. It'll pass. I keep thinking of other people who can manage it - like the overweight ones on Supersize v superskinny, they have to go three days only usually eating a few sweets....at least we have high protein packs!!!

I like the slim & save packs and am contemplating staying with them - half the price of LL but figure I need the counselling too. Tough call.

Well done everyone for resisting all evil weekend temptations!

Day 2 done for me as well. So glad it's almost over, as I've struggled with a massive headache since the moment I woke up.

Good night ladies - may the new week bring lots more sunshine and fatburning ;)

Morning, everyone! I had a cheeky peek at the scales earlier (shouldn't weigh until tomorrow) and I think it's going to be a good first week result for me. Phew. Can't believe how rubbish I was feeling last Monday and the difference a week can make.

I'm planning to get seven pounds below my original goal, given how much glycogen/water I'm capable of storing once I start eating even the tiniest amounts of carbs again. Will take a bit longer, but I think it's right for me. )I debated it when I first finished LL but persuaded myself I'd done enough.)

When is your first group, phoenyx? The LL counselling groups can be brilliant - I hope you find it supportive!

How are you getting on, bluesunflower? Shaken the headache today?

I'm doing fine today - bit wobbly this morning but then my S & S water flavours arrived and have been enjoying trying them out - at least it's some variety! Got loads of work to do... next pack at 3:30 or thereabouts. Hope everyone is managing ok today.

Do slim and save have different water flavours to LL? I might give them a try!
X

Morning, everyone! I had a cheeky peek at the scales earlier (shouldn't weigh until tomorrow) and I think it's going to be a good first week result for me. Phew. Can't believe how rubbish I was feeling last Monday and the difference a week can make.

I'm planning to get seven pounds below my original goal, given how much glycogen/water I'm capable of storing once I start eating even the tiniest amounts of carbs again. Will take a bit longer, but I think it's right for me. )I debated it when I first finished LL but persuaded myself I'd done enough.)

I wish I'd lost a further 7lbs, but with us going on holiday, it seemed the right decision at the time. Anyhow, I keep telling myself I'm under 11 and a half stone...its not drastic stuff! This from the girl who couldnt get under 15 stones for years!!!! LOL

Well, its only the 2nd of the month and I've done 4 hours excercise. Quite pleased with that, but the centre is closed on Friday and next Monday, so I need to schedule in extra classes. My plan for the rest of the day is to catch up on all the dreaded paperwork. Its only a 3 day week for me, yay! The bad news is that the lovely weather has gone. Would you believe that sub zero temps are forecast for tonight and that the gritters will be out, sob!

Also planning on drinking lots of water. Nearly 1.5l gone so far. Time for a quick coffee I think :)

Hello everyone, how are you getting on today?
It's day 5 for me and I'm feeling fine, had an upset stomach earlier but ok now.
My S&S Oder should arrive tomorrow, can't wait as I've only got LL soups left and I can't stand any of them!! Weigh in on Wednesday using my own scales, not as accurate but should give me a good idea of my loss.......can't wait!!

Have a good day all x

I was doing ok, but been a bit down today. Maybe just tired? Really enjoying the S & S packs, which is great, but I just feel really listless and aimless and demotivated. Not sure what's got into me. Yes, I probably am just tired... Sigh. This would be my usual cue to have a snack or a glass of something. Am determined that's not an option. Leaves me a bit empty (physically and metaphorically) though.

Fell of the wagon at weekend ,( drink wise )dont know why. . Back on track today. Gald to her your all doing well , makes me mad i let myself down. Weigh in tomorrow . if its bad cant blame anyone but myself.

Last edited:
Jess, try not to be too hard on yourself for the slip up. We've all been there! This is so much a case of mind over matter, isn't it? Good luck for your weigh in!

Thank you spangly. I have forgiven myself and draw a line under it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm liking the line! Bravo! And well drawn! :-D

Yes, it's the turning to food and drink that I need to stop wanting/needing to do........

How? Is the big question

I know what you mean about feeling a bit listless, I felt that way yesterday but I'm fine today. Emotions play a big part of course xx

Spanglymum, yay for your good week 1 loss :) It's so encouraging to see the numbers go down isn't it?
I agree that one week can make such a huge difference. I've only been on packs 3 days so far and already I feel so much better and lighter. I know it's still a long way to go until I'm at goal again, but I'm beginning to see things in a much better light. A few days ago when I looked in the mirror I felt I was back to my original weight, whereas I'm seeing things a bit more in perspective now.

Well done for not giving in to the instinct to have a snack. You'll feel so much happier when you go to bed later on and can tick off another day you've been on track. Hope you feel better soon!

Today was much better than yesterday - no headache at all and not too many hunger pangs (except that at one point I couldn't get the image of a peach out of my mind and really really wanted to eat one- weird!); still 2 packs to go, so it'll be a good evening.

I find that if I'm busy at work all day, I find it much easier not to obsess about when I'll have the next packs and feel much less hungry. Another sign that so often that 'hunger' is all in our head.

Jess123, it's great that you got back on track right away. In the last few months, having a bad day food-wise set off all sorts of crooked thinking in me which led to another bad day and then another one and before I knew it it was a bad week and so on. Good luck with your weigh-in!

Debbi8489, well done on the 4 hours of exercise so far this month!! Do you do resistance training or cardio?

One of the reasons why I was so hesistant to start on packs again was that I am currently training for a 10k, but just feel like I won't be able to keep going at the same level on 500/600 kcal a day. Oh well, wel'll see how my body reacts to ketosis this time (last time I was on packs I was pretty much knackered and really low on energy for 7 months straight).

Just did half an hour of 'Ripped in 30' and now off to prepare a porridge - yum!

Have a great evening ladies!! Keep strong.

Back