Refocus group - all welcome!

Blue, I meant to say I was v envious of you having lived in NY. I've only been twice but I love it. I've not seen that much of the city but it's an amazing place, full of hidden surprises. I met up with an ex-colleague and friend of mine one lunchtime and he randomly took me via a big food emporium to get where we were going and it was like going into a very glamorous parallel universe. This massive place, all glass and wooden shelves and baskets of fruit and veg and room after room of different Italian delicacies. Kind of like Carluccio's on steroids!

I'm hoping I will get to go again and when I do I will book at least one extra night in the hotel so I get some tourist time as well as work.

Well I've decided to start slim and save again today but am already wavering lol. I know it's mind over matter the first few days, but still. Just have to focus on how much better I will be feeling by the middle of next week if I get started today.

Well, got through day one. Now day two.

Has everyone else left the thread?

Well done, Spangly!! You'll be in ketosis before you know it and ready to go out and enjoy the summer in all your slim clothes! :)

I can imagine that it was so much harder to stick to low-carb while travelling, so don't beat youself up over a few blips. I read the airplane meal story on your diary - what made them decide that that would be the best option for diabetics? o_O
Best to pack our own meals to take on the plane I guess.

Oh and about NYC - don't let me get started about the food ;) I think I gained about 10kg in the 2 yrs I lived there.
Glad you enjoyed your stay there & hopefully you'll get a chance to go back soon. I found fall was the best time to be there - amazing colours, great weather. Sigh - I want to go back!!

I've been sticking to the plan for around 10/11 days now, which I'm really happy about. I've occasionally added 200g of raw veg as per S&S allowance, even on Exante or LL days (I have packs from all 3 VLCDs and decide each morning which one I'm going to follow that day - wow isn't my life exciting :p)
Did yoga and spinning today and am getting ready to have my Exante porridge. YUM

PS - we need to revive this thread!

Yes we do need to revive the thread! Day three and hanging in there... Hoping to turn a corner in the next day or so. Just wish I could get rid of this horrible headache! Sounds like you're doing really well. I've still got some Exante packs too but I find the sweet ones give me the munchies. I think it must be purely psychological, but if I have an Exante porridge or shake I feel hungry again really soon after. It's a pain because I've got quite a few packs left.

I've ordered some more sns chilli and spicy spaghetti as they're the two packs that (a) fill me up and (b) keep the munchies away.

I kind of feel the same about the Exante porridge - I'd gladly have a second one as soon as I had the first, but it's so nice and I ordered a whole box of it recently, so will keep going with it.
Still enjoying the S&S meals as well - how good is the mushroom pasta?

Anyway, the other day I almost gave in and had a little (almost) keto-friendly snack; after two classes at the gym a little voice said: go on, you deserve a little bit of coconut on this lovely summery day. So I went to Whole Foods and bought one and when I got home and opened it I realised it had gone bad, as it was all mouldy on the inside and smelled terribly. Now if that's not a sign I don't know what is! Sometimes it's nice to get a little nudge in the right direction from the universe :D

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but BBC2 is showing a new series from tomorrow, The men who made us fat, about the causes of the obesity epidemic. Worth a watch!

Still here, hanging on for dear life - more or less.
I'll have a look at the programme once it's on the iPlayer. Definitely seems to be worth a watch - thanks Spangly!

Ooh, good to see there are a few of us still hanging in there!

Hi folks

Realised that I havent dropped by for ages!! I'm back on the packs for a couple of weeks. I put weight on during my holidays and then came back to my Nan dying. So I've lost 4lbs, but its not fast enough lol. Just a stone or so to lose, wont take too long. I've also done loads of exercise and have really picked up on my running. I'm on week 7 of Couch 2 5k, so ran for 25 minutes yesterday. I find this amazing!!

Debbi xx

I've been in a mess, quite frankly. Using work stress as an excuse to massively overeat. Back on the wagon next week..

Day two after a slip for me also ... shattered and a pig of a day in work x

Day two after a slip for me also ... shattered and a pig of a day in work x

Hope you're ok. I need to learn that problems at work aren't solved with food... Maintaining is difficult!

None of our problems are solved by food, but it doesnt feel like that at the time. Actually, even when I was comfort eating due to grief, I knew it wasnt helping. I found it very difficult to break the pattern.

Hi spangly one! :) (and everyone else)
I'm back!
Day 1 for me. I got back from hols yesterday and there is no turning back now or making excuses. I have about 2 stone to lose. I will know how much damage I've done tonight after my first weigh in since I left the program. Sigh.
I hope all is well with you xxx

How the devil are you Magda ? Hope all is well with you? Nowt wrong with coming back for a tune up :)

I would agree food is not the answer it gives such immediate gratification though dont you find ? Hard to short circuit the wiring that re inforces that. Some times it is easier to eat than to deal with the emotion and move on. Winning more battles than loosing.

Onwards and downwards xx

Hi Magda! Great to have you back! I need to be brave and step on the scales too...

Back