Refocus group - all welcome!

Hi all,
I did LL in 2009 and lost nearly 4st. Long story short, long term bf cheated on me so I well and truely fell off the wagon and ate and drank everything in sight. It was a really really bad time for me. I lost my job, drank far too much and made myself and everyone around me miserable. I think a very stupid part of my brain thought that he loved me and was commited to me when i was big, then i worked so hard and felt so good and he did that. Now i think he was clearly the idiot but i honestly thought i was the problem.

Luckily my life isn't all doom and gloom. Since all that, I have met the most wonderful man and we have a beautiful daughter together. The only thing that is stopping me from being the happiest girl alive is the weight. I think I actually weigh more now than I did just before my daughter was born. I got into a horrible habit of having takeaways rather than cooking as I had a new baby to look after (that was my justification anyway) and people kept saying "don't worry about the weight, you've just had a baby". Well that was just over a year now so something NEEDS to be done!

I reached breaking point today when I got dressed very bleary eyed this morning and it wasn't until I got to work that I realised I was wearing a top that was actually a dress I had when I was at my smallest and now it wouldn't even go past my bum :'(

I've got to take a serious look at our income and expenditure to see if there is any way I can afford it as I don't want to start it again if i'm going to have to stop.

Sorry for the waffling, I'd forgotten just how good this site is for getting stuff off your chest!

Libby x

Goodness Libby, you've certainly been through the mill. Its lovely that you've met a decent man and have a baby after the crap of being cheated on.

Welcome back xx

Wow, Libby. What a time you've had! Welcome. And vent as much as you want on here. That's what we're here for. Good luck!

Afternoon everyone

How is the weekend going?

I know what you mean, julz. Despite being on packs for weeks at a time, I'm gaining! Aargh. I think I need to go back to low carb or something. Maybe packs are making me feel too deprived? I know I've gone off road a couple of times recently but it really wasn't major: a bowl of ice cream and one piece of almond cake on my birthday and a couple of pieces of bread with my otherwise low carb meal out with my mum last Saturday. Not sure what's going on but it's really starting to get to me.

Well, here I am again!! I want to know why my brain seems to switch off and go silly I know what I do is silly but keep doing it. Started again on Wednesday this week so far ok, day 4. Trying not to weigh daily, that's not easy either. Can't believe how much I have put back on, when you are aware of how weight is gained, why why why!!
Anyway, off on my next stage , hoping it won't be as much of a struggle as the last time was.

Back