Reheating lasagne

Violetwind

Determined
Hey there

I'm useless at cooking. Tomorrow is my weigh in and meal off (yippee) so here's my question. In the morning I am going to make and fully cook a lasagne. I want this in the evening after weigh in. hubby will be coming home first with the task of reheating it. I don't want it nuked so I was thinking of an hour and a half back in the oven covered with tin foil at 150° would be ok or would that burn it?

Do you use a cheese sauce? Coz if not, I was gonna suggest putting it all together but not doing the actual baking it part, then just get hubby to put it in the oven for normal cooking time... But I don't think it'd work this way if cheese sauce was involved :( x x

I think an hour and a half would dry it out - so you need to either a) cook it for less time, or b) make a really wet sauce
HTH

Regardless of what type of sauce, I'd make, not cook it, and then cover and put in fridge till it goes in the oven later that night. Fresh that way so you won't have to worry about it becoming too crispy on the edges because you've cooked it twice.

I love it crispy on the edges :p

yes I agree on not baking it in the morning, just make it all up, i.e the mince and pasta layers, add the topping and refrigerate. Then hubby just has to put it in the oven for you to cook. There is no need to cook it in the morning, as the mince will almost be cooked anyway from adding it to your sauce/veggies.

Also an hour and a half is far too long for a lasagne to cook. 45mins I would say at 180c or 350f

Back