Remember Me?

yoyo-ohno

Hi Lovely LL'ers,
Its been a long time since I was on the here reading all your fabulous tips & LL ups & downs!
In fact, I was a 2009 September starter & after lots of soul searching & failing to lose any weight (& keep it off!) over the last 12 months am about to be a September 2010 starter :eek:
I've just contacted my original counsellor (i think 2007 was when i very first went through the programme (without RTM of course:rolleyes:)), so hopefully she will have a group I can join & QUICKLY!!

So what's new? Did the price go up? Chille con carne was talked about - how is it? Any other changes?

Despite the brave face, I am feeling so low at the moment so need to get this journey underway soon - maybe i need to get to this point before I accept that i have to take control .... mmmmmm?

I need to get a ticker & some goals sorted for my new signature - scared to see what the scales say :eek::eek::eek:

Hope to hear from some old & new LL'ers

lots of love
yoyo
xx

Hi Yoyo. I remember you. Sorry things have gone wrong for you, but good on you for once again taking the bull by the horns. Thing is, never give up, and everntually you get to the end of the journey. We all have a few pitfalls along the way....so just look at this with new eyes, and go for it with all you've got. :)

Lots of luck to you!!

xx

Hi BL
Lovely to hear from you - you are looking as fabulous as ever :)
Hopefully I'll get started soon & will be needing some of your wise words of support
Take care
xx

Hi! It's good to know that even though it didn;t go too well for you first time that you have enough energy and determination to keep trying.
Can I ask why it didn't go too good last year?
Hope you get to a group soon, good luck! x

Hi Yo Yo
Welcome back. Good for you for trying again.
Good luck. Are you intending to do RTM
this time?

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I haven't replied sooner - work has been manic this week (sooo glad the weekend is here!)

Linda, I wish I knew what went wrong last year :confused: - I was in a refresher group & our group got smaller & smaller each week. I'm not blaming anyone else but me for my failure but I missed the group support I guess.

SB, As everyone has said so many times on this forum, RTM is where you really start to put yourself to the test & each time I've gone through abstinence, I've decided I didn't need RTM - derrr :eek: As I get ready to go through the LL journey again, I know I've got to do RTM to make sure this is the last time I find myself fat, miserable & feeling generally horrid!

I've got my class sorted & am going to post a new thread for September 2010 starters ....:)

i know I'm going to find this really hard & will need all you guys support to get me through this AGAIN!!

lots of love
yoyo
xx

Welcome back, Yoyo. I'm pretty much the same as you. Went through abstinence, lost four and half stone, didn't do RTM and now I'm back on LL again as I put nearly 3 stone back on again! LL really is the only thing which works for me. I kept reading posts where people say it's much harder the second time around but for me it has been easier. I think the reason is because this time I KNOW I can do it - I've done it before so I'm absolutely positive I can do it again!!!

Like you said, the one difference this time is that I know that abstinence (or refreshers) isn't the end of it - I absolutely MUST do RTM if I'm to keep the weight off. I value the support on this forum more than any of you could imagine - I'm abroad and so don't get to class but my 'friends' on here are absolutely fab and reading through people's diaries etc keeps me on the straight and narrow (as well as the thought of my daughter's wedding next year where my ex and all his family will probably be checking to see if I've 'let myself go' in the last 10 years!!!)

Fab that you have your start date now. You can get your head into the right place and then it's all systems go!

Hi Karen
Well done on your losses so far :D
I think one of the main reasons whether you succeed or not on this diet is about having the determination to do it or a really big incentive.... the wedding will be a good driver for you !
I seem to have to get to rock bottom before i get off my fat ass & take action ...why oh why didn't i do seomthing when the first 7 lbs went on ?... or the first stone ?..... and so on :rolleyes:
Glad you are finding it a bit easier this time round .... roll on next week for me !
take care
yoyo
xx

I'm the same YoYo. Lost 4 stone in 3 months the first time round and I stupidly thought I'd be fine on my own. I failed to do RTM and put the weight back on in the next 2 years. So last year in June I gave it another go, was doing so well but after a month I had to leave the country for a few months and stopped the diet. In that year I have tried low calorie diet, SW, Diet Chef, Slim Fast and countless of detoxes. Nothing's worked! I only ended up spending a fortune on diets that don't work for me.
I now have come to my senses and decided to do LL again. Properly this time! And most def do RTM this time.
LL works. Simples ;)
I have my first meeting this afternoon and I can't wait to start tomorrow. I'm curious but scared to find out how much I put on but I also know that from tomorrow I'll be getting lighter and lighter :)
Dreading the first week though as I remember it being pretty tough the second time round :(
M. X

Hi M
Enjoy the group meeting later :)
Everyone says it is harder the 2nd (or 3rd or 4th .....) time round but actually it doesn't have to be. My LLC said if you tell yourself its gunna be hard then it will be - so tell yourself it will be easy!
I do agree the first time round is the best chance to do it & keep it off simply because its new & exciting & for me there was also a fear of what might happen if i ate anything during abstinence.
However I'm 3 days in and can say its not been too bad so far:D
You sound like you are ready to crack this this time so I'm sure you will sail through week 1...
:hug99:
yoyo
xx

Hi guys. I've said this before in another post but I want to tell you that I found it EASIER second time around. Why wouldn't it be? This time I KNOW I can do it - I've done it before and I can darn well do it again!! Good luck, ladies.

Back