Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Replies?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by missy3, 14 September 2008 Social URL.

1. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    my little cousin got christened today and I went to their house for a gathering and every1 was complimenting me saying i'd lost weight!, i was pleased but i have no idea what to say back.. i go red and awkward and usualy say.. no i havent cos i cant think of anything to say, i would just feel so weird going, yes i have!

(I had to rush straight from work and i still have a size 20 uniform, so i pinned it all in, to show off my new figure (poser me!), im sure i could fit into a size 16 one lol)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. andhow

andhow Full Member

it is hard knowing what to say as you want people to notice and then you're lost for words when they do! Just say "yes I have - I'm glad you noticed - that's a great boost" or something that like that because each time someone says something positive, it just spurs you on!

Well done!!

4. Scarlett

Scarlett Full Member

Hi Missy

I am exactly the same.. it really embarrasses me which is ridiculous when we have worked hard to lose weight? For me I always feel that the compliments are reinforcing how awful I looked before.. even though I know I did, I find it really uncomfortable!

5. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    i'd been complimented in work today too (i think it was my pinning in of my uniform that made people notice.. as i wear like a nurses uniform and it hides everything) and so i kinda thought if any1 at the party complimented me.. i'd think of something nice to say back.. but i couldnt, red faced as usual :(

6. Gene Genie

Gene Genie Mad as cheese

the easiest and simplest way to accept a compliment on your weight loss is just to say thankyou unless they ask it in the form of a question then you can just answer it honestly so if they say ooooh you have lost weight you look good how much have you lost just say 2 stone (or whatever) thanks for noticing

If someone just says ooooooooh you have lost weight say thanks and give em a beaming smile :)

7. cuddlyfairy

cuddlyfairy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I always got embarrassed as well coz I am so used to being fat and hiding behind big clothes. Like Genie I say thank you and if they ask then tell them how much.

Mind you, now I get upset if someone doesn't notice my loss!!!! Shallow aren't I!!!! I still get embarrassed when they say something but cross if they don't!!! Lol!!!

x

8. Snowie

Snowie Full Member

Diet:
    LipoTrim
    Lol I know exactly what you mean hun - not shallow at all x
    I love it when people actually do notice just wish I could see it myself!
    I feel a bit slimmer and obviously my clothes are looser just when I look in the mirror I dont really notice that much difference!
    Feel great though so cant complain really!:p

9. BlackRose

BlackRose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Slender Shakes
    Just strike a pose and go 'I know -check me out! I've lost sh1tloadsa weight and I'm a foxy mama who just gonna get foxier!!!'

No?

ok -just do what I do then -take a reddener, bow my head and say thanks. lol ;)

It is good though -use their compliments to motivate you on.

10. liberty_girl

liberty_girl Peace Love Happiness

Start Weight:
    13st8lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I know people can't help it, but I think it's a bit rude to comment on people's bodies, unless you know them very well. Maybe it's better to say 'you look really well' (ie not 'well fed'!). I dunno...

11. trimlee

trimlee Love God; Love People

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(8.24%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating!
    At the beginning I used to think 'can't you see I've lost weight..?' Then when people started commenting I felt very awkward. Now I'm loving the comments and I agree, the easiest response is to smile and say thank you. When I get asked about the method though, I sound like a Lipotrim sales rep - usually with people who are interested in losing weight themselves. Good for us, let's enjoy these compliments!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.