Reputations

kurious_oranj

Hello,

some people have been kind enough to leave me some reputation comments. How do I find out who they were (so I can return the compliment)? Also do the repuatation points, which seem to come along with the comments, relate in anyway to the rep power?

I have looked at the tutorial and the guided tour and (unless I was being especially dim, which can happen) I didn't see answers to these particular questions.

Advice please,
k_o

Hi KO

I've copied a post left by one of the Moderators (Starlight) on reputation comments which hopefully will help.

Georgie
x

When you click on the rep power page it shows you the post youre getting the rep power for but not who sends them. Some people may leave a comment and some sometimes put whos left it but there is no way of finding out whos left them.

This might help :)

http://www.minimins.com/forum-techni...ion-power.html (Reputation Power!!!)

Ah ha! Thank you porgeous, it makes more sense now :)
k_0

You're welcome! Is that a Maine Coone on your avatar?

Georgie
x

What is Rep Power:confused:

This is how it usually works as explained by Karion Dieting.:thankyou:

"If a person with a rep power of 10 approves one of your messages, it gives you 10 reputation points. If a newbie has no rep power and they approve your post, then you won't get any points from them (but it's kind of them anyway :) )

Your rep power depends on a number of things including how many posts you have made, how long you have been a member and how many reputation points you have.

The quickest way of upping your rep power, is to post loads and approve messages of people with high rep power, so that maybe they will reciprocate. In other words grovel :D

At the end of the day…it's just a bit of fun. Nothing to take too seriously.

Right....off to do some grovelling :D"

Hope this might help as explained by Karion Dieting.

You can give people reputation points by clicking the

reputation.gif
icon

it is at the bottom left hand corner under Avatar.

You can see the comments left for you in UserCP, but not the people who have left them for you.

Where their name and avatar is at the bottom there are three symbols a circle, its the middle one, looks like a set of scales to me!

Georgie
x

You're welcome! Is that a Maine Coone on your avatar?

Georgie
x
Hello Porgeous,
I see what you mean, he does look a bit like that in the photo. Actually he (Edward) is just an ordinary ginger mog, with longish fur. My friend who took the pic did a sepia type wash on it on the computer, hence he dun't look very ginger there. As it happens one of his sisters (Radcliffe) looks very Maine Coone like, but smaller, much smaller. However they are all just common or garden Mancunian moggies. Do you keep cats Porgeous?

Thank you mini :). The mists are clearing for me now :p

k_o

Last edited:
Hi KO

Perhaps they have a bit of Maine Coone in them either way Edward is a beauty! Yes I do have cats, had moggies for about 12 years, lost one to a heart condition and one to diabetes. Since then moved from Brum to Bedfordshire fell in love with Maine Coones and now share my home with four of the giants!! Can be a battle for the sofa sometimes.

Georgie
x

Four Main Coones? That sounds lovely! They are such handsome cats.

I was sorry to read about the cats you lost. It is so sad that the animals we love so much inevetably die before us.

I have six cats. Not a purebreed among them. I never meant to have six, but, as Earnest Hemmingway said "one cat leads to another". They have mainly come to me through being unwanted in some way. I love them and it is good training for when I get older and become a mad cat woman, going to the supermarket for whiskas and hair nets (thank you Eddie Izzard). Actually I am so hungry I could just go a spoonful of Kit-e-kat....

Bestest,

k_o

Back