Request for interview with Jim

good post!!! enjoyed reading it!

I thought it might help the newbies a bit. :)

Thanks Jim, this is inspirational! what an amazing man you are :D

ah well, I did my best Kerry.

Thanks Jim, really helpful information. Interesting to see how you also prepare now when you know you are going to have an event by going back on induction beforehand. This seems psychologically much better than trying to deal with it afterwards and will definitely be a trick I use! Stops you eating more because you feel fat and leading to that vicious circle. Can I ask what sort of thing you eat at the weekend? Do you eat bread, chips, pasta or do you find it easier not to eat it at all? Also, do you eat much cheese/butter/cream or get most of your fat from meat?

Maxie

Hi Maxie, My weekends tend to be almost atkins induction level eating really, I may have a couple of slices of toast with Sunday breakfast. My main carby meals are usually Lunchtimes during the working week, mainly because it's hard to find much legal in Cafe's and stuff. i eat plenty of butter and some cheese, believe it or not Cheese still makes me put weight on if I eat too much.

So yes, I do east chips/potato's/pasta/bread but only one portion of each on any given day. The rest of the time I'm quite content with meat and greens love.

What is nice about maintenance is that I don't have to fret if something is carby, I just get on with it. Luckily I don't have a sweet tooth any more so I'm not tempted by cakes and chocolate and stuff.

Brilliant post Jim, well done you :) Just want to ask, when you were losing weight how did you cope when you went on holiday? I am going in 21 days to Dorset, dreading when the family have their lovely fish n chips by the sea...or when we are out for the day and go for our mid day meal in a cafe...help!

Hi Wendy. I tried my best to stay on plan love, but I did cheat occasionally. Unless you are self catering and don't eat out it can be very hard. Just enjoy your holiday and don't go to mad. LOL

Do you still count your carbs Jim or just stick to your one portion onf carbs once a day?

No vicky, I don't count the carbs at all anymore love, only when I go back on induction, pre/post a blowout.

oh fab. i cant wait to get to maintenance!

It's odd really, I haven't changed back to my old eating patterns at all. I tend to instinctively eat at induction level, I suppose I just love my meat and greens, this means lunch can be pretty carby and I don't gain. I've even eaten banana and that is hugely carby. LOL

I've been asked to bump this up for newbies again. :)

That was a really inspiring read Jim! Thank you for bumping, and congratulations on maintaining for so long and thank you for all the advice and support you give.

Good read, thanks Jim :)

Back