Rest days

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by candyflee, 20 January 2011 Social URL.

1. candyflee

candyflee Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(6.03%)
    Diet:
    Cc
    Hi all, was wondering if anyone could answer my query..

I've been going to the gym/going for a run for about an hour everyday from mon-fri, and not doing anything on the weekend. However, my friend thinks I should be doing an hour every other day to give my muscles time to heal, and also if I do too much my weight loss could stagnate?

Can anyone enlighten me as to which is the better option?

Thank you x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. chocolatecat

chocolatecat One day at a time :)

Start Weight:
    16st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2.5lb(7.02%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Your way is fine. If you did a day on a day off you are only getting 3 or 4 days exercise per week! Trust me, your muscles will soon let you know if you need to rest in between.

4. gina_b

gina_b Les Mills Fitness Freak

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st3lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    herbalife
    my cousin runs 10 miles a day, 6 days a week..... he may be a semi pro boxer but even he needs a rest day. what your doing is fine, like chocolatecat said, your body would be screaming at you if it needed a break!

well done on being able to run everyday too, i cant do one a week without feeling sick (i go a funny white colour too haha)

5. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Good on you! I hate the running machine, my ankles fix at 90 degrees and I feel dizzy when I get off, or at least I did when I went to the gym. :p

6. Strawberry78

Strawberry78 Member

Start Weight:
    17st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3.5lb(7.22%)
    I think the usual advice is to "rest" muscles after working them hard with weights, like if you trained your lower body hard at the gym, would not be a good idea to do that again the next day. Cardio would be fine, or doing weights for your upper body. Plus you already get 2 rest days in a week, I think you're good!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.