Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

I mean to say Lara it is good you are in a better frame of mind with good social life though it can make doing a vlcd harder the thing is you are not lonely on top of it. Also because you have set yourself a time frame there is an end date to vlcd and that in itself seems to have helped. I think I took that similar approach when I finally got stuck into it and was successful.

Have agreat eat day and countdown the days to the end of the next 4 week stint. X

I mean to say Lara it is good you are in a better frame of mind with good social life though it can make doing a vlcd harder the thing is you are not lonely on top of it. Also because you have set yourself a time frame there is an end date to vlcd and that in itself seems to have helped. I think I took that similar approach when I finally got stuck into it and was successful. Have agreat eat day and countdown the days to the end of the next 4 week stint. X

Yes it's definitely made a difference looking at it that way. I did just look back at my losses that first time I did the diet, and it was a bit depressing to read that my weight now on week 4 is the same as my weight then in week 1. But what happened has happened, dwelling don't change it. I am so glad I took that before picture as it absolutely disgusts me. My before pictures had previously made me unhappy with my looks, but this one repulsed me and I just think I look totally unhealthy. A place I will never return!!!

How are you getting on??

Every day is a day closer to where I want to be.... I had to write that down to remind myself when, like today, I feel a surge of impatience!

I just had a call about the CBT (I was referred a year ago for bulimia). I told them as I've only just returned to work following an accident, can I postpone until December. So bought myself some more time!

This is quite a good site- you can put your calories consumed and current weight and it projects your weight on future dates based on that. Quite motivating! image-2578153409.jpg

According to this I will get to my BMI under 25 weight between 27th Nov and 4th December... Which is the weight at which I will stop the VLCD and start the exercise (if my injury is healed). My goal for this was 25 November at the latest, so will se if I beat the projection!

Well done Lara you are doing awesomely! I bet you can't wait to see your uncle - hopefully it'll be an "in your face!" Kind of moment.

And thanks for posting that about loser town - I just did my calculations. This time next month (if all goes well) I would be at 9st 13. Hopefully it would be a little bit more! Keep it up not long to go! x

Well done Lara you are doing awesomely! I bet you can't wait to see your uncle - hopefully it'll be an "in your face!" Kind of moment. And thanks for posting that about loser town - I just did my calculations. This time next month (if all goes well) I would be at 9st 13. Hopefully it would be a little bit more! Keep it up not long to go! x

It's motivating to see isn't it! I was actually just told that uncle will be away so won't be there. But that just means next time I see him I'll probably be at goal or something!

I just weighed myself and I've lost no weight since Monday. I knew I shouldn't have weighed in. I don't know why I did. Actually I do know why, I convinced myself i must have lost weight. Anyway, that doesn't make my 10stone goal by 1 November impossible... But 9 days to lose 6 pounds, when I only have 20pounds to lose to ultimate goal, is probably going to be a hard one.

I think I am addicted to buying meal packs!!!! I got a bargain on ebay so I ended up buying loads last week. They just arrived. There are so many (80). I don't even need that many what am I doing?!!! I think when I bought them I thought I will use them for losing the last 10 pounds once I get my BMI under 25 and stop VLCD-ing and for maintenance. I suppose having them will mean I have to. I have previously left about 80 of them sitting in my cupboard I hope I don't let them go to waste. I currently have 150 packs (!!) but only intend to VLCD for a maximum of another 4.5 weeks.. .which would require 99 packs. I suppose I could use 1 a day after that for the next couple of months.. or just sell them?!

I'm sure they won't go to waste, if you don't use them during maintenance I'm sure you could sell them, I'm sure some of us on here would be interested.

thanks for that link it was really helpful to see an estimation of where I could be and when.

dont worry about not losing so far, plenty of time before weigh in.

Thanks poppy. True there is time. Ok I will let you know if I have surplus :)

I seriously wanted to eat tonight. I had some lettuce and cucumber. And I literally had just taken a 4th pack out of the cupboard when I said to myself "how badly do I need this?". I decided I would feel worse I have it than I would if I don't have it. I came upstairs with a cup of tea instead to get an early night. But have now realised it's 7.30 not 8.30!!! Wow so early!

Thanks poppy. True there is time. Ok I will let you know if I have surplus :)

I seriously wanted to eat tonight. I had some lettuce and cucumber. And I literally had just taken a 4th pack out of the cupboard when I said to myself "how badly do I need this?". I decided I would feel worse I have it than I would if I don't have it. I came upstairs with a cup of tea instead to get an early night. But have now realised it's 7.30 not 8.30!!! Wow so early!

I think I should start asking myself that question more!

I think I should start asking myself that question more!

Haha. It's actually a really horrible question to ask yourself in a way. Because you stand there with the item in your hand, knowing you would lying to yourself if you said you desperately needed it! I think having all the extra packs as well, made me think I should use them up!

I promised myself that if I want I can try some of the skinny noodles and even an extra pack on weekend if I need it. Spoilt aren't I!

Really actually looking forwards to have a mini semi weekend off next weekend. And have a drink! But I am scared that I will still look so fat for the date and the birthday :-( really unhappy with my flabby stomach.

Haha. It's actually a really horrible question to ask yourself in a way. Because you stand there with the item in your hand, knowing you would lying to yourself if you said you desperately needed it! I think having all the extra packs as well, made me think I should use them up!

I promised myself that if I want I can try some of the skinny noodles and even an extra pack on weekend if I need it. Spoilt aren't I!

Really actually looking forwards to have a mini semi weekend off next weekend. And have a drink! But I am scared that I will still look so fat for the date and the birthday :-( really unhappy with my flabby stomach.

One of the hardest things to do is appreciate yourself and love your body but you have to because (and I don't want to sound condescending?) you may look back in 10 years time and think look at my figure why didn't I appreciate it.
Thats how I feel, I remember my 18th, the thinnest I'd ever been, wearing a tiny skirt and feeling self conscious and hating my body and looking back I could shake myself!
Although I have to admit I don't love my flabby tummy too at the minute, especially after having 2 kids, I admire my body for being able to grow two babies but I don't love it yet - that's the hard bit I guess.

im looking forward to having next weekend off (within reason), I think you have to sometimes. And honestly I bet your date won't think you look fat! Your doing great, you've got your plan and you can do it :)

One of the hardest things to do is appreciate yourself and love your body but you have to because (and I don't want to sound condescending?) you may look back in 10 years time and think look at my figure why didn't I appreciate it. Thats how I feel, I remember my 18th, the thinnest I'd ever been, wearing a tiny skirt and feeling self conscious and hating my body and looking back I could shake myself! Although I have to admit I don't love my flabby tummy too at the minute, especially after having 2 kids, I admire my body for being able to grow two babies but I don't love it yet - that's the hard bit I guess. im looking forward to having next weekend off (within reason), I think you have to sometimes. And honestly I bet your date won't think you look fat! Your doing great, you've got your plan and you can do it :)

Thanks poppy. It's funny you said that about looking back and appreciating what you had after the event, because I just read my old diary. And wow. Just wow. I was incredibly self critical, and had I not read my comments, I would have remembered those periods as times I looked great. Those are times I am currently inspired to get back to. Yet when I was there I was so stressed out constantly undoing binges, working out like made, purging. It's all quite alarming to read. But made me realise 2 things: I must try and love my body and my health As it is now. And I do need some support in addressing my disordered eating as regardless of my weight, the issue is there just in different forms (hence I am going to start the CBT in a few months).

Thanks for your thoughts. Let's not look back and wish we appreciated ourselves more. Let's just start to do it. X

Totally agree - you are beautiful in every single way :) xx

I've decided to sell 24 of my meal packs (the curry and mushroom risotto ones as I have loads). I would then have 5.5 weeks with left, and I think that's the very max I should do this VLCD for.. Hoping I can exercise within 3-4 weeks but it's looking less likely as my back and neck isn't healed yet.. Sigh.

I had my 3 packs and also had a big bowl of broccoli and some lettuce. Am feeling quite full. Fancy some real tasty food. Did come home and look at the packs and sighed as really didn't fancy any. I'm going to look through what I have and see if there's any ones I haven't tried yet to make a change!

Last edited:
I shouldn't have just weighed myself. I'm 2 pounds up since Monday. I was planning to wait until Monday or Tuesday.

I have still lost a stone and a half in a month. Just really wanted to get to 10 stone by the end of this month but I'm being impatient and greedy.

It will come off. And I have enough meal packs to do 9 weeks, so 5 more. If that's what I need to do to get this weight off, I will do it.

The gain could be from the big bowl of broccoli, or the fact that I added salt to it so could be storing fluid. I have been drinking at least 3.5 litres of water a day though.

I will try and have a weekend on track with lots of water.

Part of me is thinking some extra calories could boost my metabolism as it's obviously getting used to such low calories, or I should start going for some long walks (only exercise I can do), or I just keep doing what I'm doing and the scales will catch up eventually?

Lara it will be water gain. Just stick to what you are doing especially if it's enabling you to control eating. Take care on exercising until you are healed and stick to walking.

Back