Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

Oh god. I just got this email.

Following our telephone conversation a few weeks ago, I have spoken with my supervisor, and under your current circumstances we believe it would be best if we discharge you from our service as we have been ready to see you for a while but unfortunately, it has not been the right time for you to engage in therapy. We understand it can take some time to recover from an accident and psychological treatment can be quite demanding so it may be best for you to re-refer yourself to our service, when you are feeling better and when you know where you will be living.

We are therefore discharging you

Oh god. I just got this email.

Following our telephone conversation a few weeks ago, I have spoken with my supervisor, and under your current circumstances we believe it would be best if we discharge you from our service as we have been ready to see you for a while but unfortunately, it has not been the right time for you to engage in therapy. We understand it can take some time to recover from an accident and psychological treatment can be quite demanding so it may be best for you to re-refer yourself to our service, when you are feeling better and when you know where you will be living.

We are therefore discharging you

give them a call and speak to them about it and explain that you do want to ahead and that you were waiting for them to contact you.

It would be a good thing for you to do, counsellors sometimes see things we don't and have a different perspective and they'd help with strategies to overcome certain situations. It's definitely worth spreading to them and telling them you want to go ahead.

I identify with a lot of what you say in your posts, while I've never had an eating disorder I do have a very bad relationship with food and have 'all or nothing' tendencies. I'm the same with alcohol too, I don't drink anymore because I don't know when to stop and normally make a show of myself and I feel quite depressed the morning after.
Your being very hard on yourself, I know we all can be at times but focus on the positives and how well you've done so far. Put the last few days behind you and carry on, no more binging (I'm telling myself that too). When you feel the urge to binge come on here, remember there are people here who care and understand. Big hugs Lara. X

Hi hun.. Hope ur feeling a lot better today now... Xx

I also had a bit of a crash today.. I had a pack of chicken pieces at lunch followed by 4 packs of skips and a double decker bar ... :(

We all go through these stages... We have to learn from them, defeat them and try and move on as positively as we can xx

Give them a call and see if u can get an appointment.. You probably need to talk and they are the best for it xx

Thanks. I read the comments and decided to push myself to call like you said. The lady said that it's because of their targets and time limits. That's why they decided to discharge me. But I told her that it took a lot for me to go to the GP and that I waited 9 months for an appointment and that it is because I had an accident that I couldn't attend recently (I know it's also me wanting to drop some weight first!). I said I know that if I get discharged I wouldn't end up returning to the GP and I wouldn't deal with this problem but I need to. She said she understood and she would check with the supervisor if they can still see me. She said December would be the very latest. She will call me next Wednesday. This is it I suppose.

I identify with a lot of what you say in your posts, while I've never had an eating disorder I do have a very bad relationship with food and have 'all or nothing' tendencies. I'm the same with alcohol too, I don't drink anymore because I don't know when to stop and normally make a show of myself and I feel quite depressed the morning after. Your being very hard on yourself, I know we all can be at times but focus on the positives and how well you've done so far. Put the last few days behind you and carry on, no more binging (I'm telling myself that too). When you feel the urge to binge come on here, remember there are people here who care and understand. Big hugs Lara. X

Thank you so much for sharing that with me. When did you quit drinking? Was it difficult to do?

I'm lucky to have such supportive people on here. I promise I will post at those times. I have to. I seriously switch off and secretly say to myself I will post another time when it's all over. That's not good enough. That's not how I want to live my life. I want to fix a problem as it happens. Not let it get worse and worse needlessly.

Thanks x

Hi hun.. Hope ur feeling a lot better today now... Xx I also had a bit of a crash today.. I had a pack of chicken pieces at lunch followed by 4 packs of skips and a double decker bar ... :( We all go through these stages... We have to learn from them, defeat them and try and move on as positively as we can xx Give them a call and see if u can get an appointment.. You probably need to talk and they are the best for it xx

You know what, in a way I would be proud of myself if I had slipped up and had what you had. It's bad in the context of 3 packs a day, but perfectly fine in terms of real life. A big part of regaining the control is accepting that sometimes eating a little extra will happen, and that it's not the end of the world. Why can I not accept that and move on? I always make a mountain (of food!) out of a mole hill. Please don't feel bad about your slight slip. There's no need to. Xxx

I feel very low in mood still, very very puffy and fat but on the positive my stomach is calming down. I've had a few sips of water and a milky small coffee at work because I was so tired.

I'm on my way home now which was the part where it all went wrong yesterday. I will have a skinny pasta with a meal. Plan ahead.

I've just had an exante chilli pack with skinny pasta rice. Loved it!

I'm not going to say very much as I think it's already been said but just wanted to give you a huge virtual hug.. I'm here if you want a private chat too xxx you will beat this I know you will xx

I'm not going to say very much as I think it's already been said but just wanted to give you a huge virtual hug.. I'm here if you want a private chat too xxx you will beat this I know you will xx

Thanks so much. Made me smile :) I hope I can turn this thread into a major success story x

I was a binge drinker, I'd mainly drink when we went out to parties or nights out and I'd have way too much and it wouldn't end well, I had a few nights I couldn't remember and did some silly things, I'd always feel awful the following day too. I just decided it wasn't worth it and if I drink when I'm out im very aware of it. In all honesty though we don't really go out too much anymore which makes it easier.

hope your feeling a bit better now. We all have bad days and times we fall, it's just getting back up and carrying on. I've fallen big time again today so time to start again tommorow.

That's great you called them as per Poppy's suggestion and I think they will more than likely see you.

I hope you are feeling better today and have managed to have water? X

I was a binge drinker, I'd mainly drink when we went out to parties or nights out and I'd have way too much and it wouldn't end well, I had a few nights I couldn't remember and did some silly things, I'd always feel awful the following day too. I just decided it wasn't worth it and if I drink when I'm out im very aware of it. In all honesty though we don't really go out too much anymore which makes it easier. hope your feeling a bit better now. We all have bad days and times we fall, it's just getting back up and carrying on. I've fallen big time again today so time to start again tommorow.

That sounds a lot like me. Ill make an effort to get a hold over it between now and the new year, and review whether i should quit at that point.

That's great you called them as per Poppy's suggestion and I think they will more than likely see you. I hope you are feeling better today and have managed to have water? X

I think they will. They should do. Because really otherwise they are refusing helping me because of their own stats. Which is horrible.

I am feeling better. Still very fat and bloated. But not nauseous every time I move like this morning.

I have managed about 500ml water and 2 teas today. Not a lot. I ate 2 exante packs, 2 skinny pasta packs, and I also had 2 tomatoes and 2 spoonfuls of cannelloni beans that were in the kitchen.

I feel so full. I hate it. And so fat. I'm excited to lose this weight and gain control. I'm going to try and run this weekend.

I might meet a potential date for a drink after work on Friday. My parents have people over and are ordering loads of food. I want to be out of the house. But I've gained so much weight (could be some bloat too) but really wondering if I look good enough for a date/drink!

It sounds like its bloating as opposed to fat gain? The puffiness is probably from the alcohol and lack of sleep not from the binge I would have thought.

put it behind you Lara, you've had a good day insofar as you've had water and not binged. So that is a positive.
i me at to say to Poppy that it was great of her to share her experience with giving up alcohol and the rdaemons why. Very brave for admitting that and sharing it with us. I relate to it somethwhat and it is just awful expect my drinking habits became overly other day or daily not to the point of I couldn't remember but just enough to make me feel awful and puffy the next day and simply not good.

Habe a good nights sleep Lara and tomorrow you'll feel better and on track. Hopefully full on beans an get go to do your run at the weekend . Remember last time it was the running for the marathon that got you to break the cycle:)

Aaw thanks so much what a lovely message, and great way to end my day reading it. I don't know if it's mostly bloat, but I suppose either way I have to do the same thing now and just try and get back on track without panicking.

I need to get the physio to give me the ok to try and run again, really really hope I can :)

Thanks. Had porridge pack this AM. I've come to work. Was meant to work from home but decided coming in would be better. Have an awful headache and sleeper badly. Trying to drink lots of water as I know my body is still a mess from the binges!!!

Am scared about the call next week as I know it will be now or never with the counselling. And I know the start of counselling just be the end of VLCD.

Back