Total Solution Restart 29/03/2015 Exante journey to 9st3 for life!

It is making what we can achieve physically and mentally in two weeks. You certainly sound in a much better place and I agree for you it isn't the weight loss it's feeling good about yourself, the fitness and how you feel and how your clothes fit. Scales and weight become obsessive but fitness and shape are in a way more key. I will certainly bear that in mind myself whilst trying to stick to my plan and not fret over the number on the scale alone.

Have be another great day Lara before you know if a month will have gone by!

Great to hear that you feel stronger and better-nourished. It makes sense, doesn't it? When you are able to take a step back from the mayhem you become aware of your body's needs for good, wholesome nutrition. Without it we become depressed and physically weak. It doesn't take long for the improved food intake to translate into health and strength.

Well done on changing your approach. Heaven knows how hard that can be x

Thanks. It really does make sense! And the benefits are showing. I have to realise I won't see some dramatic benefit each day when I maintain but just need to remind myself that each day is in itself a benefit... To feel good and be healthy is enough motivation. It shouldn't be all about size and weight. This is what I must remind myself when times get harder. I do get moments where I look at my stomach and thighs and hate the fat but I know I am working at it and what help is it to hate myself? It defies logic really.

I hope I can get through this weekend alcohol free too. The sunshine makes that harder somehow!!

Alcohol is fermented with sugar. Tobacco is cured with sugar.

Interesting, don't you think? If you really can't avoid drinking, try having one alcoholic drink, then a diet drink, and so on during the evening. Automatically halves your booze intake and keeps you mellow rather than drunk. I only drink at Christmas and on my birthday these days, because like many here I have an addictive physiognomy and nature and I dare not indulge either by drinking regularly. I'm not anti-booze, though. Whenever I drank socially in the past I always ended-up very hungry and 99% of the time I'd surrender and eat! x

Last edited:
Alcohol is fermented with sugar. Tobacco is cured with sugar. Interesting, don't you think? If you really can't avoid drinking, try having one alcoholic drink, then a diet drink, and so on during the evening. Automatically halves your booze intake and keeps you mellow rather than drunk. I only drink at Christmas and on my birthday these days, because like many here I have an addictive physiognamy and nature and I dare not indulge either by drinking regularly x

That is interesting. And yes I used to do that technique of alcoholic drink followed by soft drink or water and it did work so will try it again! Maybe the weekend after this I think I should keep going on this healthy thing!

You're in a good place right now so keep the momentum going. When challenges come, meet them by dismissing any unplanned behaviour and simply continuing to forge ahead. That way, miracles happen x

You're in a good place right now so keep the momentum going. When challenges come, meet them by dismissing any unplanned behaviour and simply continuing to forge ahead. That way, miracles happen x

It sounds so straight forward when you put it like that and i really think it can be.

I have to work late the next two days so no exercise until Friday which is annoying but it's fine really I'll just run Friday and go to a class Saturday morning.

I hardly are today I ran out of time - had 2 apples and a bag of cherry tomatoes. I don't think I burnt much at all in the class it wasn't a very good one loads of time wasting. But I have walked a total of around 2hours45min today in parts. Have a 5.30am start so will get home and not eat anything too heavy in case disrupts sleep. Will see what there is but might even use an exante pack and mix it with something else as I have a few that have gone past the use by date plus it's just effortless to make!

I add a whole egg or two to most savoury packs. It improves them no end and adds protein and almost no carbs. It also makes them much more filling and satisfying. I also have out of date ones which I am trying to use up!

Yes, what I say is simple but not always easy! So long as you commit to pushing forward, regardless, you really can't fail. All the time you are learning new positive thoughts, habits and behaviour. It all adds up. Keep on hun because you're doing so well already x

I add a whole egg or two to most savoury packs. It improves them no end and adds protein and almost no carbs. It also makes them much more filling and satisfying. I also have out of date ones which I am trying to use up! Yes, what I say is simple but not always easy! So long as you commit to pushing forward, regardless, you really can't fail. All the time you are learning new positive thoughts, habits and behaviour. It all adds up. Keep on hun because you're doing so well already x

Thanks for your words and the encouragement. You speak wisely.

I will definitely try adding an egg. So you add a raw one and just microwave?

I ended up having a whole broccoli floret with a slice of Edam cheese on top and quite a few slices of sliced chicken and 2 ryvitas and cucumber. It felt like a lot but I know it's not and I've had very few calories today. But not exercising next few days it should all balance out.

I did look in the mirror this morning and see a fat stomach and fat thighs and I was really disappointed. But I tried to do what seriel said and dismiss the automatic thoughts as they will only take me off track. I'm probably just bloated and I've done well today there is no need to be a bully to myself!!

Xxx

We have to become our own best friend. The criticism and self-hatred have to go. They serve no good purpose; rather the opposite. The old ways of thinking and reacting didn't work. They made us more and more sick and unhappy. We must be kind to ourselves when we slip and allow ourselves to feel good when we succeed x

That's really interesting you said the old way doesn't work so something has to change. It's an idea quite hard to accept as somehow we seem to convince ourselves that this time it's going to work despite nearly identical process.

Agree Lara, Serial's post most interesting about the old ways not working (for us). I also like the idea of being my own best friend. Don't know why I've never thought that before perhaps because I find it diffult to actually be kind to myself? I'm sure I'm not alone in that. Self depreciation is part of the cycle of yoyo dieting for many of us especially the bingeing cycles.

Have be another great day Lara you are doing extremely wel and the extra eggs sounds like a great and easy thing to add .

Self deprivation is definitely a big part. So something we have to change along with any weight loss. It's almost more important.

Today I worked an exhausting 12 hour shift and walked about 1.5 hours and was on feet most of the day. During the day I ate:

2 apples
Sliced salmon (quite large slices and about 4 of them) with cucumber and lettuce salad
Milky teas x 3

I was so hungry when I came home and overate. I ate:
Approximately 10 crackers (33 cals each)
Margarine
Sliced beef slices x 3
Sliced chicken slices x 6
2 southern fried chicken oven cooked drumsticks with breadcrumbs removes
Apple
Banana
Half a package of grapes

I don't know how many calories all of that was probably too much. I did it because I was exhausted. I think because I didn't eat much yesterday too my body was craving.

I did do well at lunch though as it was free lunch of sandwiches and I didn't eat the bread I just had the salmon and salad instead. It's when I finally got home that the eating began.

Tomorrow I will try not to have anything until lunch time and will have chicken sandwich and when I get home I should probably plan the meal or else have a meal pack with an extra egg and maybe some veg. I should eat a lot less than I did today as I think it was a bit much.

Making progress doesn't mean an overnight cure. Changing our eating behaviour can take a long time. Your priority is to avoid binging most days, because you feel better when you eat more moderately and when you are more at ease around your meals. And that's exactly what you're doing! You're making amazing changes already and feeling the benefit. So you ate a bit more than you'd have liked to. You were tired and hungry after a long day. What's wrong with that?

'Normal' people get hungrier, and eat more, on some days than they do on others. Because they don't worry about gaining or losing weight, and more importantly because they don't 'hate themselves' for being hungrier than usual, they just carry on unperturbed. It's not a problem for them!

You're doing a great job Lara. Give yourself time, be kind and not super-judgemental. I think you're doing amazingly well x

Thank you for that post serial. It's true normal people do this! And I did wake up and think ok how can I cut back today but normal people wouldn't do that they would just get on with it and listen to their body and only eat less if less hungry. I can't impose rules on myself again. And to be honest it was not anything stodgy or anything that's made me feel very bloated today.

Getting up now for another 12 hour day - will be back to my normal job tomorrow so much less tiring!

I suppose I am doing well and I should recognise that. It's my 11th day off the bread, sugars and alcohol. And I have to imagine how bad I would have felt if I had eaten loads during that time. X

Don't fall back into the trap of starving the next day. That's the old, unhelpful way to go. It fuels all the other restrictive and punishing things you've been doing. None of them worked; they only made things worse and made you feel rotten. Eat nourishingly and well for each day as it comes. Look how well you're doing! This is the hardest thing we will ever do - dealing with our carb, food, weight and body image compulsions. Habits are learned and can be un-learned. We replace them over time with better behaviour patterns. As for slips and blips - push them out of your mind and carry on. They can't sabotage us if we don't allow them undue influence! x

Yes you're right. I didn't restrict. Had another really long day so would have been silly to. I didn't have breakfast but had a big salmon and chicken salad at lunch. I got home late and had some broccoli, crackers, 2 boiled eggs, grapes and tomatoes. I didn't have much time to eat it.

Today I was in a picky mood this morning so ate about 5 ryvitas, Turkey ham, 1 boiled egg, cucumber and some grapes. I might skip lunch and just have a banana before I do a longish jog to my friends house after work: aiming to do about 7 miles.

I am trying not to focus on my body as I know it won't shrink over night and the real results are in making decisions that make me happy and keeping the control over my choices.

Will be food at my friends house later - will hope there's chicken and some salad or veg so can stick to that.

It's my twelfth day back on track now :) I think it takes about 3 weeks to really show results on the body.

PS you didn't actually eat that much x

That's exactly what I was thinking - I think that already show your eating habits will be getting better :)

You sound the same as me with these long shifts, I always manage to get through work fine, then binge afterwards from exhaustion!! It's hard finding the balance but you sound like you're getting there :)

That's exactly what I was thinking - I think that already show your eating habits will be getting better :) You sound the same as me with these long shifts, I always manage to get through work fine, then binge afterwards from exhaustion!! It's hard finding the balance but you sound like you're getting there :)

Ahh thanks. Yes I am getting there! That was a one off job with the long shifts so I guess I'm lucky that my regular job isn't so tiring.

Back