Restart Diary of a comfort eater (36lbs to lose)

Fantastic, just don't treat yourself like I do after weigh in by having something to eat! It will break the chain, then you have to start again.

no, def not! i will just treat myself with non food things once i reach my goal! i am really in the right mindset right now and dont want to fall off the wagon at all. its now or never really, i have been trying to lose this weight for 5 years i just have to get through it a day at a time. i find keeping this diary really helps.

Day 10, i was so nauseous last night, well every night really but i dont know if its the diet or the meds im on.

anyway, i feel good this morning, its amazing what a difference 9lbs makes! i really do look slimmer already and some of my clothes are already loose. i am starting to feel a bit happier with myself and i cant wait to see how good i feel when im at goal. it'll be the lightest ive been in about 7 years!

Hi all, Day 11 and i am starting to get worried. the scales haven't moved in a few days... really hope i still get a good loss this week. feeling ok, not v hungry and into the swing of it now. the end seems so far away though.

Don't worry hun, there is a handful of us who are all around the same day as you and we were all whinging last night that the scales aren't moving and how fed up we were.

But stick with it, lots of people say that the end of week 2 and week 3 are much slower as your body is catching up after a good week 1.

thanks kez, glad im not the only one. i have to stick with it, im really determined this time!

Day 12, weighed myself this morning (as i always do) and the scales have STILL not moved since Day 9!!! I'm really worried and don't know why this is happening! :-( I havent cheated AT ALL and i have been drinking loads of water so how can it be water retention? I'm a bit fed up now but am going to see what happens.

Morning, I'm on Day 11 today and even though I lost a 1lb at my midweek weigh in last night, this morning the scales are ready that 3lb have gone back on overnight...WTF?

So today I am upping the water and making sure I do my 3 litres of plain old boring water. Not making it up with coffee and coke zero.

Stick with it, I know it might be depressing, but it HAS to catch up. How can it not?

Day 13 and arrrgh!!! still no movement on the scales!!! :confused: it better move by wednesday for my weigh in! seriously pissed off now. really emotional last night and just wanted to eat after seeing a million food ads on telly. im probably starting to annoy my hubby now as i was getting a bit whingey about the diet last night. At the end of the day i HAVE to stick with it, its the only thing that works for me and the only way i will be able to lose such a large amount of weight in time for my hols. i just have to grin and bare it.

Are you drinking enough? Are you going to the toilet ok? They must be a reason?

hi sorry to but in, but i have been reading your posts, I too am a binge eater and don;t eat because i am hungry, but because i am just damn bloody greedy. I'm doing the exante diet which is similar to the cd, i have done 3 weeks and lost 15 which is good, but last night i ate and ate and ate, now i am going thro the guilt and disapointing emotions.
guess what i am trying to say, is u r not alone, and we all have blips, like u i am getting back straight on the wagon again and hopefully beat this addiction. As for your toileting i think u need to take a laxative as this could make u nauseus.
I wish u luck and hope u r back on track.
LOVE shirley

Thanks everyone. well i stopped taking effexor (an snri antidepressant) 2 days ago and since then the nausea has stopped (am experiencing bad witrhdrawal though). So that must have been what was causing the nausea. I have been drinking about 3 litres of water a day, as usual and i have been going to the toilet and emptying my bowels normally as well. It must be a TOTM thing hopefully when it ends i will see a loss, fingers crossed!

I hope you do, I am so fed up with the scales not moving as well. I'm only a lb down since Monday?! I can't see move than another1 coming off by this Monday. That'll mean 2lb lost in week 2. Seems rubbish to me.

Day 14, the scales finally moved... by a measly 1 3/4 lb!! Almost gave up last night as im feeling like sh*t to be honest. i dont think this is doing my body any good. i am sticking at it though as i am still above 10st and will find out about 810 with my CDC on Wednesday.

Hi the scales can be horrible at times, I'm pretty sure u would of
Lost inches too! So try and stay confident. I enjoyed the 810 a lot
Last week x

Hi Katy, so pleased the scales finally moved for you! I've mucked up my chance, I had indian last night and a tuna mayo sandwich today ... rubbish!

Still I'm back on it tomorrow, absolutely 100% and as much water as I can get down my neck and hopefully I can claw it back by Thursday WI.

Stick with it, now they have started to move you should be pleased by your next wi.

As you've realised I haven't been on here for a little while. Well being on SS was giving me a lot of health problems and i spoke to my husband about it and even though i didnt want to i decided to come off Cambridge and just eat healthily. i dont want to move up plans because i feel i might as well eat my own healthy eating plan in that case. so anyway, wish me luck!

Back