Restarting Diet After Holiday

issy2003

In the week before my holiday I lost no weight but stayed the same, this made me feel really depressed so when I went on holiday I ate more than I intended too and am now struggling to restart my diet now I'm home. I gained 5lb on my holiday and it seems so hard to get back on the wagon. Can anyone give me tips for restarting?

Hello!

I feel your pain :( I went on holiday and ate way too much, I gained a stone and a bit over such a short time and since then I have just stopped calorie counting and exercising and I am finding it really hard to get back into the swing of things.

What I could suggest is rather than going on a 'diet' right away is eating the same as you are now, but choosing healthier options if you can? I have been eating what I normally would but have been making small changes such as lower calorie bread for my morning toast, lower calorie bread for my BBQ bun etc. I am finding that by making these smaller changes I don't feel like I am changing my eating habits so much but already feel more positive that I will be able to reach my goal. By making these small changes I will soon be able to make bigger changes which will speed up the weight loss.

I hope that it helps and that you are able to reach your goal :) Good luck!

J x

Back