Restarting Dukan after 18 months... track attack!

anggrrr

I'm not going to keep a constant diary, but I know it's important to track your attack phase.

I have 7 days. In the freezer I had a dukan pancake so no temptation for the first day, popped that into the microwave. The galettes are my main legacy from the original diet: I really like them and still sometimes make a batch for breakfast so I can just grab them from the freezer in the week. I did an online shop yesterday and have the low fat dairy, meat and fishsticks coming to last me through my first week. I'm lucky that I live alone so I'm going to just compost the bits and bobs of veg still hanging around the house.

I am wondering if I need a secure location for my bread flours, rices and pasta. Probably just a high cupboard will be enough. I've no butter/lard in the house so I can't make batches of scones anyway!

Good luck with the attack!

Good luck Ang - sounds like you are sorted :) I do the constant diary because keeping accountable on here helps with the long road (32 weeks of cruise) and I have a horrible tendency to wobble! Keep checking in as you go...

Good Luck xxx

Thanks Julie, Sander and Siddid.

I log on myfitness pal but a summary of yesterday is: Dukan - Galette, 1 pancake Asda Smart Price - Cooked Ham, 125 g
Essential Waitrose - 1.5% Fat Cottage Cheese, 0.5 container (300 gs ea.)
Aldi Specially Selected - Jumbo King Prawns,
Youngs - Crab Sticks, 4 stick
Muller - vanilla Fat Free Yogurt, 1 container (175 gs ea.) ( will skip these if I don't lose weight)
Dukan - Meatloaf, 0.25 container (12 slices ea.)
Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 0.5 quart
Chicken - Breast

1lb lost.

Headache started late last night: just starting day 3 which I expect to be hard going.

I log on myfitness pal but a summary of yesterday is: Dukan - Galette, 1 pancake Asda Smart Price - Cooked Ham, 125 g

Aldi Specially Selected - Jumbo King Prawns,
Muller - vanilla Fat Free Yogurt, 1 container
Dukan - Meatloaf, 0.25 container (12 slices ea.)
Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 0.5 quart
Chicken - Breast
2 egg whites.

I made a foo yung type thing with egg whites, chinese 5 spice powder, onion, prawns and chicken. I've not really planned for today but I'll get through my cottage cheese lunch then think of dinner later. It might be some sort of salmon quiche.
I didn't go for my walk yesterday as I'd been really active in work.

0.3 lbs down (1.3 lbs total)

Welcome and good luck... we have a great recipe section if you fancy trying some different meals :)

Thanks Pjamber, I don't bother logging my fluids because I know I drink a lot. At least 700 ml of tea in the morning, a large cup of coffee when I get to work, three or four smaller cups of tea during the day and usually a half litre of water or a can of diet drink. Then a cup of tea when I get home and another about an hour before I go to bed.

Yesterday I had my usual galette, some ham and turkey for snacks. Lunch was cottage cheese and smoked salmon with a muller yoghurt. My dinner was a starter of chicken breast while I waited for dukan beefburgers to cook which I had with a (dry) fried egg. In the slow-cooker I have a sort of goulash/stroganoff stew on the go.

Wow. You do drink a lot of water. If I didn't keep reminding myself to drink, I never would.

I'm definitely jealous of your goulash/stroganoff!

It's a good job I put it in because if I didn't know I had that to go home to I'd have bought a sandwhich by now. The cold I've picked up has really laid me low.

Still suffering but I made it through yesterday without giving in. Smoked salmon and cream cheese quiche at lunchtime after a galette at breakfast, snacks of muller yoghurt, crab sticks and ham. Dinner was beef slow cooked with a bit of stock, smoked paprika and some caraway seeds and onion which I mixed fromage frais in at the end. I went to bed quite early due to the cold and woke up at 2 am hungry so had a cup of tea the a hot milk. This sorted me out and went back to bed after a couple of hours of TV watching.

Great start Ang, hope the cold goes quickly and you feel better - amazing to keep going when you are ill too!!! WELL DONE! x

trudyc - yesterday it was just too much. Friend in work wanted a celebratory lunch and I went along. I managed to order the most dukan friendly food I could - grilled sardines with salad and rice. I wasn't strong enough to leave all of the rice.

Still started with a galette and snacked on ham and crab sticks. So not a total loss. I can't carry on completely dukan though. I've been taking vitamin pills but do think my body needs some veggie goodness.

I applaud that you ordered the most Dukan friendly meal! Not a complete loss at all as it shows that you're willing to do that. Good job! Keep at it!

Ok. The cold seems to have gone now. I spent the weekend being semi-dukan. I kept with the oatbran at breakfast but did have more veggies and on Sunday I had mashed potato. Part of the problem was I suffered the same symptoms as last time - pain across my neck and shoulders. I suspected on my last try it was due to too much truvia so I steered clear of that but it happened again. It seems to go if I have some fruit or vegetables. The plan from here on in is to keep refined carbs out of the diet but allow vegetables and a limited amount of fruit. I might have try a couple of PP days later in the week. As a result I lost just 3 lbs on attack but then I didn't do the full week.

Back