Restarting

Theresa6

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I was due to restart last Wednesday but my son was in intensive care briefly following an adverse reaction to an anaesthetic after planned surgery. My hard wasnt really in the right place until today. I have thoroughly enjoyed the weekend after our eventful week.....

My sons only recollection from his time in ICU was me promising to finally get his dog.............

As of yesterday we now have a 10 week old Great Dane... We have been thinking about this for years and Mikey being unwell has tipped the decision.. We saw these pups weeks ago so right timing!

Now my promise to myself is to get to my goal weight by Easter.

Last edited:
awww glad your son is ok hun x
good luck with the restart

Good luck my sweet.......will be routing for you - you have been waiting for this day for a wee while now!

Take care and will be thinking of you this week!

Glad your son is OK and I'm sure the puppy will bring lots of fun! Good luck with your restart.

Theresa, you poor pet. Sounds like you have had a lot to cope with. Glad your lad is on the mend. I don't think you need worry about reaching your goal cos running after the great dane puppy will keep you fit. I hope you have lots of room for him/her cos they get mighty big.!!!! Bet your lad is so thrilled with his new pet. Dogs are great company.

Hey guys,

thanks for the good wishes!! So far so good, only had 2 hours of lectures this morning so was able to come back to my son and not have to worry too much... Had to laugh tho the lectures was on sedatives and patient reactions to them........I could have given the essay after last week!!

Luckily we have a very large garden;- 1 acre, so Sadie has plenty of space. We are going to build an outside house for her as eventually we will breed her but thats ages off yet! She is so lazy its unreal, all she does is sleep!

Im about to have my 1st shake... mmmm what to have!!!

I weighed in this morning and have put on as expected, bit annoyed with myself as 10 days ago I was 7lb lighter but then there have been 2 weekends in that!!!

Does that mean you're a student nurse (or med student)? Me too!!

Hope you're son is better now and good luck with getting to your goal.

good luck:) and hope your son feels better

Methinks the dog will be walking me!!!!

Klo, Im a student midwife on the undergrad programme...... I do love it but with 2x 3000 word essays to do I am feeling the pressure..

Now for shake 2!

Hey mrs,

Sorry to here about Mikey.. sending you all my love xxxx

and awwww about the great dane :) walking him will definatley help you lose some weight xxx

Back