restless legs arggggghhh

shellyb_78

Been woken up with restless legs at 4.30 this morning argggg it's driving me mad I've heard potassium supplements are good for this but I'm scared of taking to much any experts out there that can advise me what supplements to use and what amount of potassium a day we should be consuming xx

I had the same problem....went to Holland & Barrett and bought a bottle of potassium pills....1 pill a day....sorted.....well....not 100% perfect but I work out a lot so I get calf cramps loads hehe

You should definitely try it though, worked for a lot of people :)

Kye

I used to recommend a banana before bed - but cant anymore lol!
So i guess supplements are the way to go

Hi Shelley, Well know the restless legs syndrome!! Only happens to me if I take certain meds particularly antidepressants or very strong painkillers such as cocodamol.
It is an awful thing to deal with and for anyone who has not suffered they really don't know the agony - it's like you are going absolutely insane...:D
Didn't take anything for it just stayed away from the things I know starts it off.
Hope you find a solution. I have great fellow feeling for you...:)

Thank u all I'll be off to H&B Monday morning x x

Hi Shelly

Potassium is defo the way to go - I take one before bed and it works in 10 mins - honestly! I couldn't believe it after years of infuriating jerky knee (as my friend and I call it)!

I get the H&B chelated potassium 99mg.

I really suffer with these.

I think I read in the Atkins book that drinking broth can also help with this? Will look it up in the book tomorrow in case I'm wrong.

Thank u x I'm gonna try the supplements ! I'm just gutted I can't have a banana ha ha I love narnas now n again x

Back