Returning Exante products

MillieCat

Hi everyone, I recently purchased some Exante products but (possibly because I’m in my 60’s) they don’t suit me. I’ve tried a shake, bar and porridge pot and have all made me feel ill. Has anyone been successful in returning products to Exante? If I’m unable to do so, can I offer them for sale on here for a vastly reduced price? I’m very disappointed as I had high hopes for this diet..

Hi everyone, I recently purchased some Exante products but (possibly because I’m in my 60’s) they don’t suit me. I’ve tried a shake, bar and porridge pot and have all made me feel ill. Has anyone been successful in returning products to Exante? If I’m unable to do so, can I offer them for sale on here for a vastly reduced price? I’m very disappointed as I had high hopes for this diet..
Hi MillieCat,

I can't imagine how aggravating that must be.

You should consider exerting your legal rights in the transaction.

From Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert site.

"

DON'T think buying online means fewer rights

keyboard buttons

You've MORE rights buying online (or by telephone/catalogue) due to the Consumer Contracts Regulations. These give a legal right of 14 days to cancel the order after receiving it, and a further 14 days to send most goods back for a full refund (including outward delivery costs), even if there's no fault. You'll usually need to pay for the return delivery."

==END OF MSE Link--

I suggest that you have a read of the entire section on Consumer rights & Protection on the site. Prior to Brexit we had even more secure rights in these matters. If you paid by credit card (NOT debit cards) you may also have rights under the Consumer Credit Act that would compel your credit card company to force the retailer to resolve your problems.

Fair disclosure; I am not a lawyer but I do know that if you don't ask - you don't get.

I hope this all works out well for you.

Kind regards,
Ian

Hi greelyi

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post and for all the information offered. Yesterday I did in fact post one box of products to Exante with a covering letter (sent separately, to be signed for) claiming ‘statutory rights’. I had previously sent a message via Exante’s website but their reply was unhelpful.

Congratulations on your weight loss by the way! I only have a stone and a bit to lose but am finding it so difficult..

Best wishes

MillieCat

Hi greelyi

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my post and for all the information offered. Yesterday I did in fact post one box of products to Exante with a covering letter (sent separately, to be signed for) claiming ‘statutory rights’. I had previously sent a message via Exante’s website but their reply was unhelpful.

Congratulations on your weight loss by the way! I only have a stone and a bit to lose but am finding it so difficult..

Best wishes

MillieCat
MillieCat,

You are welcome.

The MSE site really is superb for the consumer rights thing. Looking at the "bargain" prices Slim & Save products I can imagine that you could EASILY be way over the £100 mark for credit card (consumer credit) rights. It is *not* unreasonable that if someone sells you food over the internet that it should be "fit for consumption" and not cause distress. :eek:

People in Britain seem to be reticent to stand up for their rights. One of my favourite "characters" on British TV is Dom. As in "Don't get done, get Dom"

If it were me I would even mention that you are discussing their customer care on one of the UK's biggest slimming forums. Their market is decidedly "niche" and it will likely be in their interests to avoid any negative impressions being created.

The weight loss charted in in my sig has, alas, gone and I am back where I started.
This is why I am reappearing on Minimins - "like a bad penny" as my Nana would have said. I'm still trying to remove that data and expect that I shall achieve it by the end of the weekend. :)

Best of luck with navigating your relationship with Exante. It would be well worth having a look on that MSE site then joining their forums to see if someone has created a template (or example) letter that might simplify the crafting of your communications with them. Do not rule out making a call to trading standards or visit your local CAB.

You are making a stand for everyone else who faces shabby treatment from these companies. They are selling expensive products without meeting minimal customer services standards.

I am sure that, barring giving up, you will reach your target.

Kind regards,
Ian

Back