Returning for the last time-7 stone to lose

Great thread all,

Great to see the determination... It made me think about something

You know in life we celebrate the great success and determination of athletes... Climbing mountains running marathons etc well listing to you all talk I think you deserve the same recognition. Your champions at your own tasks and being 100% disciplined to get there.

I too am on a weight loss journey with 5 stone to go with my summer holiday in mind I am following a strict exercise regime from my trainer and weight watchers.

Here to follow, keep sharing your determination. It motivated me this morning

Thank you
X

Treat day 3 like day 1! Trick your mind into thinking you're not struggling just yet. Day 1 is always easy and you can make day 3 the same! I'm on day 7 and like you I dreaded the third day. Guess what. I survived and each day after that got easier and easier. Get yourself through the first by having a positive attitude and after that it'll become easier and easier.
And remember. No one is forcing you to do it. This plan is not a jail sentence. It's a decision you made to make a positive change in your life.
Think how you'd feel if you caved in.
On the other hand the sense of satisfaction you'll feel when you complete your first week is unbeatable!
You can do this! :)

M x
I know what your saying is right but the cravings are real and I just HAVE to get past them is not a choice its a must! x

Treat day 3 like day 1! Trick your mind into thinking you're not struggling just yet. Day 1 is always easy and you can make day 3 the same! I'm on day 7 and like you I dreaded the third day. Guess what. I survived and each day after that got easier and easier. Get yourself through the first by having a positive attitude and after that it'll become easier and easier. And remember. No one is forcing you to do it. This plan is not a jail sentence. It's a decision you made to make a positive change in your life. Think how you'd feel if you caved in. On the other hand the sense of satisfaction you'll feel when you complete your first week is unbeatable! You can do this! :) M x
I am loving this quote i am too on day 3 today and although in the past it has been hard i am so determined i will get through it cos im back at work on Monday and i will be in ketosis if it kills me :) this will be my last time on this diet so its now or never

Your cravings are in your head Hun and unless you give in to them they are NOT real. Just think. Would eating whatever you 'crave' make you feel better? Would it really make a difference?
Come on. You're stronger than the demons in your head!

M x

Day 3 for me today.

Day 3 on this always reminded me of day 3 of quitting smoking. That must have been a last ditch attempt for the nicotine monsters in my head because they were certainly desperate for me to have a cigarette so they could keep clinging on like mind controlling poison. Getting through that was really tough. A bit like this.

Today is the day where the carbs are panicking because if we don't eat any today, they will lose their hold over us and they will have lost.

Dont let them win. They're not playing on your team and never have been. If you eat something, you're not achieving anything, but you're throwing away this being 'your last time' starting this diet, and for what? You know you're not going to starve to death. It's a craving. It's your mind telling you you need something, when you don't. Like a drug addict needing a fix, or me on day 3 of quitting smoking.

We're better than this. You're better than this. Take some deep breaths and go get a drink of water.

Day 3 for me today.

Day 3 on this always reminded me of day 3 of quitting smoking. That must have been a last ditch attempt for the nicotine monsters in my head because they were certainly desperate for me to have a cigarette so they could keep clinging on like mind controlling poison. Getting through that was really tough. A bit like this.

Today is the day where the carbs are panicking because if we don't eat any today, they will lose their hold over us and they will have lost.

Dont let them win. They're not playing on your team and never have been. If you eat something, you're not achieving anything, but you're throwing away this being 'your last time' starting this diet, and for what? You know you're not going to starve to death. It's a craving. It's your mind telling you you need something, when you don't. Like a drug addict needing a fix, or me on day 3 of quitting smoking.

We're better than this. You're better than this. Take some deep breaths and go get a drink of water.

you hit the nail on the head, my body "thinks" I need carbs so its telling me to go get some, I am not listening la la la la!!!! as mad as it sounds I'm cooking with the children, then for the family dinner tonight, keeping busy and almost facing it head on.xx

Subscribing. Not on the same diet as you but have a similar amount to loose x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

you hit the nail on the head, my body "thinks" I need carbs so its telling me to go get some, I am not listening la la la la!!!! as mad as it sounds I'm cooking with the children, then for the family dinner tonight, keeping busy and almost facing it head on.xx

The last time I did a vlcd I started making cakes for my OH because I liked the smell! I'd also talk him into getting a chippy etc because I wanted to smell it!

I think im a feeder! Haha!

that's so funny my husband said I turn into a feeder when I'm on this diet lol, I cook so much more from scratch and make really nice things one to keep me busy and two because I don't want my family to miss out on things and try and give them a good diet

emilyj don't give in to those voices in your head! Take it hour by hour if need be, try and stay busy. As slim_and_happy said earlier...."is it worth it"??? We need to look at it like this - break the diet and keep moaning about your weight, never feel comfortable, wont be able to wear what you want. OR get through today and you will be one step closer to your goal!

I am not on day 3 yet, (day 2) but I want this sooooo badly. I have had my 2nd shake and 1.5 litres of water so far. I have work to do so trying to stay busy. I know it will get easier, I will not be beaten...

Think about all the things you will do when you reach your target. How healthy and happy you will feel! We can do this, do not break the diet, you do not want to keep moaning about the same things do you?? Are you not tired of being over weight?? It is time to bring sexy back, time to live again and feel good about you. No more reaching for the biscuit tin because you are bored. No more stuffing your face because you are sad...

I am talking out loud to myself, but also to all of us. We want to lose weight otherwise we would not diet. sooooo lets be serious about it, there is no excuse to cheat. we would only be cheating ourselves and only have ourselves to blame. Time does not wait for us, let this year be the year of achievements, do it for yourself not to please anyone. Do it because you finally realise that loving yourself does not mean stuffing your face. Loving yourself means taking care of your health and appreciating the one body that you have. x

Im still with you all, just made a coffee and feel a lot better, only had one pack so far so think I will have a bar and get the kids out for a walk in the fields. thanks for all your support it really has helped.

:happy096:

Well done emilyj:), I hope your day has been getting easier. As for me, well I have just had my 3rd shake and so far 3 litres of water. Trying to stay busy, but I am starting to feel a bit cold!!

Hope everyone else is still staying strong, the day is nearly over x

Well done emilyj:), I hope your day has been getting easier. As for me, well I have just had my 3rd shake and so far 3 litres of water. Trying to stay busy, but I am starting to feel a bit cold!! Hope everyone else is still staying strong, the day is nearly over x
Im gonna have my 3rd shake soon just getting over the flu so feeling cold anyway just on sns website to order some stuff to keep me going though to feb so much more to choose from than there was on Cambridge im spoilt for choice :)

Harrased_mum, hope you feel better soon :bighug:at least you made it through today! I am finally going to bed after a very busy day. I've had all 4 shakes and managed to down 4 litres of water. I'm slightly anxious about the dreaded day 3...but hey I know it will not last.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow, stay motivated x

Harrased_mum, hope you feel better soon :bighug:at least you made it through today! I am finally going to bed after a very busy day. I've had all 4 shakes and managed to down 4 litres of water. I'm slightly anxious about the dreaded day 3...but hey I know it will not last.

Good luck to everyone for tomorrow, stay motivated x

i found day 3 to be fine. I had a bit of a sore head, but nothing some water and paracetamol didn't fix. But then, I had an awful day 2, so maybe that's why lol x

Well today is day 4 for me and I feel so much better, not really worried about the f word anymore lol. My husband just asked if I have cleaned my teeth today (don't you just love men gggrr) so I guess I'm in ketosis yay. Thanks for all your support yesterday, I'm so glad I didn't blow it. How's everyone else getting on today?

Afternoon all, I'm on the dreaded day 3 :eek: lol, so far so good. I have had 2 shakes so far and 1.5 litres of water. I'm making a lamb roast for my family today but do not feel remotely tempted! smells great though. I know it may seem a bit premature, but I swear my belly feels flatter :). Still trying to stay busy and contemplating starting light exercise from next Sunday. Is anyone else going to incorporate exercise?

Hope your day is going well, stay strong and keep busy x

I'm on day 4 and I was just thinking that my face looked thinner, and my work trousers certainly fit better now I'm not all bloated :)

Hello ladies, bit quiet in here....Hows it going? Clairecat you must be well pleased, thinner face and clothes getting loose:D only 3 more days and you will have reached a week! Day 3 has not been too bad, tried to keep busy, even had a spurt of energy so did 50 squats! I don't think I will over do the exercise, but I do want to start toning as I go along. I think I may just have to dust off some old leslie sansone dvd's. My mouth is starting to taste a bit funky, hopefully this means ketosis is coming soon. I can't wait until I can physically see the difference, I will take a couple of pictures me thinks so that I have some before, during and afters.

I hope everyone is still motivated and focused on slimdom, bring on day 4 x

Back