reward when i get to target...

lilpixiesue

I decided a little while back that when I get to target I'm going to reward myself with a massive pizza takeaway feast (chicken wings, jalapeno poppers, pepperoni pizza...). We used to get pizza take away a lot and since starting slimming world I haven't had pizza at all as it is so hard to fit into the plan (i know about the smash pizza etc, but i mean proper take away pizza! mmmm)

but then i mentioned this to a friend and she said it's the wrong attitiude to have - getting to target and then rewarding myself by stuffing my face with "bad" food... and that it miht mean i end up undoing all my hard work.

I am planning to stick to the plan even after target - i might even change my target if i find i am still losing weight after ui get there, so it isn't like i am getting to target then giving up so piling it all back on again. But i really miss a good take away pizza and I think once i am at target i can allow myself that. It's also quite a good motivator as i keep thinkin, if i am good for a few weeks then i get my pizza!

but is this a bad way to think? :eek:

Ummmm personally, I don't think rewarding yourself on getting to target with a pizza is the best idea, however, if it motivates you then go for it! Could you not syn out the stuff you fancy from the take-away and factor it in to your plan now though? xx

Ummmm personally, I don't think rewarding yourself on getting to target with a pizza is the best idea, however, if it motivates you then go for it! Could you not syn out the stuff you fancy from the take-away and factor it in to your plan now though? xx

even my consultant said pizza is just impossible to fit into the plan. I mean, unless I had just one slice. And that's not realistic so I would rather not have it at all while i am trying to lose weight!

Just get 4lb below your target then have a good old pizza splash out :) lol you will still be at target then :) xx

I don't think its a bad thing to be fair, I didn't have a massive blow out for getting to target...but I got to target the week before Christmas so had a blowout then, I put on 7lbs which slowly came off. However I don't regret having that blow out over a few days over Christmas, I will do it again next Christmas! My sons Birthday is in July and we're having a party at home for friends and then going to pizza hut with family...I will share a stuffed crust pizza with my boyfriend! Slimming world is a plan for life and sometimes we want pizza or something else that doesn't fit into the plan, sometimes we might be somewhere that has no food optimising options at all. Sometimes life gets in the way. I love slimming world and I'm very happy to eat slimming world food most of the time, however sometimes I can't and I'm not going to make myself miserable by not eating things in those situations. Such as this weekend me and my boyfriend went away for the weekend and the food available wasn't slimming world friendly, so I took it on the chin and enjoyed it, there's no way I was sitting there just eating veg as all the meat had sauce on and all the pots were roasted or with cheese sauce! However I'm back on plan now, if I have a gain this week, its not the end of the world, it will be off soon enough!

How much weight will you have lost when you get to target? I'm pretty sure your not going to gain it all after one blow out! The only problem would be if you have your blow out and then can't get back on track, but if your confident that won't happen then go for it. I do understand why people suggest not rewarding yourself with food, but sometimes its just what you fancy and telling yourself you can never eat what you really enjoy is not going to do you any good

Just get 4lb below your target then have a good old pizza splash out :) lol you will still be at target then :) xx

haha that's a great plan! (except it means I have to wait longer for my pizza...!)

I don't think its a bad thing to be fair, I didn't have a massive blow out for getting to target...but I got to target the week before Christmas so had a blowout then, I put on 7lbs which slowly came off. However I don't regret having that blow out over a few days over Christmas, I will do it again next Christmas! My sons Birthday is in July and we're having a party at home for friends and then going to pizza hut with family...I will share a stuffed crust pizza with my boyfriend! Slimming world is a plan for life and sometimes we want pizza or something else that doesn't fit into the plan, sometimes we might be somewhere that has no food optimising options at all. Sometimes life gets in the way. I love slimming world and I'm very happy to eat slimming world food most of the time, however sometimes I can't and I'm not going to make myself miserable by not eating things in those situations. Such as this weekend me and my boyfriend went away for the weekend and the food available wasn't slimming world friendly, so I took it on the chin and enjoyed it, there's no way I was sitting there just eating veg as all the meat had sauce on and all the pots were roasted or with cheese sauce! However I'm back on plan now, if I have a gain this week, its not the end of the world, it will be off soon enough!

How much weight will you have lost when you get to target? I'm pretty sure your not going to gain it all after one blow out! The only problem would be if you have your blow out and then can't get back on track, but if your confident that won't happen then go for it. I do understand why people suggest not rewarding yourself with food, but sometimes its just what you fancy and telling yourself you can never eat what you really enjoy is not going to do you any good

when i get to target i will have lost 17.5lb, so not loads but i don't think i will put it back on in one week! Besides I think what will happen is i'll order a big feast and then have a few chicken wings and a couple of slices of pizza and be stuffed!!

I used to really miss pizza but actually prefer the healthier versions now like pitta/wrap pizzas as find the others too doughy and bleurrrrgh!Maybe you will feel the same?
I also think takeaway pizza's area crazy amount of money when you can buy and cook them so much cheaper and they aren't difficult to cook but each to their own as most other takeaways I still enjoy :p

That is just what i was going to do, treat myself to a massive stuffed crust pizza when i got to target, but i took me so long to lose the last few pounds that i didnt want to risk putting weight back on, plus i have to admit my tastebuds changed and i didnt really fancy a greasy pizza anyway

Could you eat your pizza whilst jogging round the park ?! ;)

I think it depends on your attitude if you know it's something you'll enjoy then get back on it the next day, long term it wot do too much harm. Chocolates my weakness, I know if I have some I'll cave and gorge for days and not get back on plan, good luck with gettin to your target :)

I think it's a great idea and intend to do exactly the same! I love SW and love the variety but I've had to give up pizza and I really miss it and when I actually get to target I intend to have them again maybe once a fortnight whilst sticking to plan the rest of the time. Only you know what works for you. I know if I could never have a pizza feast again I would be utterly resentful. There's a difference between going back to your 'bad old ways' and being more flexible x

My signature might answer your question!!! Ha ha

I used to think just like you! I'm back on SW for the hundreth time - not because SW doesn't work, but because i don't work when i treat myself to a major feast and find i still lose a bit of weight that week it's too easy to let it creep in weekly, then a little more bad stuff and a little more!

How about treating yourself to a photo shoot and makeover, so that you can be VERY PROUD of how far you've come?

I know that this time that is MY aim! xx

And i am THE biggest fan of pizza ever, although i figure a pizza every now and then is ok, BUT a huge pig out with all the sides would just cause me to run riot! x

I am doing SW green days and have had "real" pizza twice in the last 3 weeks - home made with veggie topping and cheese and will be having it again sometime this week.
It can worked in you make it yourself so it is not too thick.

I am planning on sharing a bottle of bubbly with hubby when I get to target!

When I get to target I plan on treating myself to a very expensive little black dress i have seen! I am terrible for 'treating' myself with food but somebody once said to me that we reward dogs with food, your not a dog, and its stuck with me and I dont do it as much anymore! x

Personally I think it's up to you but my C did used to say she would never recommed a treat to be food, unless of course you can fit in into your syns somehow. My gift to myself will be to have my teeth professionally whitened, I've wanted it for years & I know it isn't cheap, so when I'm at target & feeling like a new person on top of the world, I'll treat myself :)

Pizza is TOTALLY going to be my reward on the day I reach my target!! It's the one take away I cannot find a SW-friendly option for, so it's the thing I miss the most! And you won't undo all your hard work with one treat as long as you're not disappointed at weigh in the next week!
You can't live the rest of your life not eating things you like. What matters is how well you manage with getting back to plan the next day. Losing weight is hard, but I think sometimes I forget that keeping it off will probably be harder

My reward will deffo be a shopping spree! Lol I havnt got a set target as such, but the day I fit into about a size 12 on the bottom will be a lovely feeling!

As for pizza, well I treat myself about once every 4 weeks to a couple of slices. I dont think I've ever ate a whole one to myself anyway lol someone had posted a pic of their tea on here a week or two back and theyed used warburton thins (5 syns I think) and topped like a pizza, that would be a lovely low syn pizza fix! I might try it on weigh in night this week

My DH is going to treat me to a cream tea! However, I will have to cycle to get there......25 miles there & 25 miles back! So, I think I can justify that little target treat to myself lol!

Back