Rewards, stickers and treats - what works for you?

bugsbunny2000

Proud to be a LOSER :)
Hi everyone :)

Starting to become a minimins addict again - it's just so easy to get lost in the wonderful success stories/food diaries etc that are available! :D

Anyway, I stumbled across a weight loss diary - carriegirl21 - and she had a sticker chart for when she lost 0.5lb, reached specific milestones, and achievements such as avoiding sweets, exercising etc.

I remember at SW you would get a sticker and certificate for every 7lbs lost. From what i think i know so far, WW call a half stone loss a ''silver seven" (am i right?). Do you get certificates/stickers for achieving this?

I dunno, maybe it's the trainee primary teacher in me, but I fancy making a little sticker chart to document my journey. Of course as you can see from my signature, I have lots of milestones that I will cross off once achieved, and can log my weightloss that way too. Might even try and plan some mini-non-food-related treats for every 7lbs or something
--- there's a lady who celebrates every stone loss with a balloon - think she is on her 8th or 9th stone now. Try and find her pictures, they're wonderful!!!

Aaaaanyway - just wondering what everyone else does?
Sticker charts? Treats? Rewards? What do you do to reward losses, either small or big ones.

PS. Avoiding a 4000 word assignment so making a sticker chart seems much more fun right now! hehehe ;)

My reward chart

Here is my (rather empty) reward chart!
Hope to have a few stars on there after tomorrow night :) :) :)

(sorry its not the right way round lol)
xx

Attachments

• Photo 22-01-2012 15 25 57.jpg
    Photo 22-01-2012 15 25 57.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 395
I'm very ashamed to say I don't really have a chart like that.
Usually, when I lose a certain amount of weight I buy myself something nice, perfume or clothes, shoes, etc.

Sounds like a really good idea. I think I'm going to enjoy selling off my fat clothes to pay for some nice treats every stone I lose :)

I may plan a nice meal to celebrate each half stone though. Just need to lose half a pound more to be dead on half stone lost :) Yee haa!

Aww Sparkles I love that idea!!
Definitely get rid of those fat clothes when you don't need em, make u resist going back to your old self!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I have drawn up a table with 40 boxes and each time I lose a pound I put a star into a box, hoping it will spur me on. I also plan to buy myself something nice each time I lose 10lbs.

Sounds good! Think I might do that - though will have to be cheap lol! Even if its just popping £5 in an envelope every 7lbs... by the time I reach goal I'll have enough to buy a gorgeous dress to show off my svelte new figure in lol xx

that sounds a VERY good plan bugsbunny2000! :)

Hi I got a money tin box one that you can't open unless u use a tin opener and what I started at the beginning was for every pound I lose each week I put £1 in if it was half lb it would be 50p etc... Then every stone would will put £10 in and when I get to goal which won't be for awhile as have about 5 stone atleast to lose and then I will have a tidy amount of money to go buy new clothes this keeps me going too ????

Oooh I much prefer your idea! And eat least a few pound a week won't seem so daunting and will reward at least little losses :) cos after all a loss IS a loss!!

Exactly how I see it and it's an incentive towards new stuff for me not for the hubby or the house or the kids all ME!! Xx

Hi I got a money tin box one that you can't open unless u use a tin opener and what I started at the beginning was for every pound I lose each week I put £1 in if it was half lb it would be 50p etc... Then every stone would will put £10 in and when I get to goal which won't be for awhile as have about 5 stone atleast to lose and then I will have a tidy amount of money to go buy new clothes this keeps me going too ????

Think I'm going to do this! ... How about when you gain tho ? Ha!

I collect paper clips and string them together each time I lose a pound. It's quite good visual aid :)

I love your idea :)
Going to do it too!

CLH_X3 said:
Think I'm going to do this! ... How about when you gain tho ? Ha!

No gaining!! Lol if I do I just don't put anything in so less money for clothes then so that just makes me lose to put money in x

Hi there,

I have a sticker chart on my fridge with 133lbs (my goal weight) to 304lbs (my starting weight) in increments of 10 - these are my mini goals! I put a stick over the number each time I lose a pound! Something about the inner child in me responds to getting a sticker (or two) each week!
I've also marked 5%, 10% and halfway markers on there.

Emms x

I made myself a money box shaped like the fit piggy from Wii fit :D Can't get into it without cutting it open (and it is far to cute to cut open :p)

I put £1 in for each lb I loose (and if I put on and loose again I have to put the £s in again) I also stick in any coins I find when I am cleaning the house :) I should have about £60 in there now :D Just have to work out when I get to cut it open and spend it!!

I'm also a bit of a geek so I have a spreadsheet with graphs and all sorts of calculations :eek: I can go through my weight loss history right back to the start of 2009 on them :) Updating it at the end of the week is a little reward too :p

All of these ideas are great! Love the money box idea and am going to go out and buy stickers tomorrow!
The only thing I do is I have a calendar with big squares on it and I put a big tick on each day I've done at least 45 minutes of exercise. Its stops me deluding myself about how much I've done, and I get a little moment of satisfaction every time I can tick a day!

Back