RFL 2010 im registered are you?? chat thread

maxine uk

ive just registered for my 5th RFL and this year im not going to weigh 18 + stones when i do it,
anyone else taking part maybe we could have a thread for general RFL chat about healthy eating and training we could also maybe get a few of us to meet up at an advent
im taking part in mine at ferry meadows peterborough 30th June
(i joined sw 15th june 09) i can also compare photographs and times..
come on join in and raise money at the same time..

I'll be doing the Race for life again this year.
Cambridge on Sunday the 4th July.....we're doing it in fancy dress this year!! Cant wait.
Claire x

Hi,

I'm doing the Enfield Race for life 20th June in memory of my mum who I lost nearly 5 years ago! :(

I half run it a few years ago when i'd lost a few pounds, other than that I've always walked, once when I was 8 months pregnant, and came last along with another preg woman! lol :eek:

This year though, I'm already in training, and I'm going to run competitively, i'm almost running 5k in 30 mins on the treadmill (which I'm told is a fairly good time) but by June I should be right up there with the best!! :cool:

Good luck one and all, and what a fab thread thanks Cambscrafter!! :D

Claire whats the fancy dress going to be, :flirt2:
Lisa well done on having started your training looks like you mean business :) im getting myself fitter by using the jogging/walking on the wii EA then from the end of march i will give myself 12 weeks to really get into it, should be some where close to my target by then, if all goes well..
i havent lost anyone really close, but i do walk/ or jog (this year) for anyone who wants me to add a name for them if they sponser me, (1st year im going to ask for sponser money too)
good luck to us :D

The fancy dress costume will all depend on how much weight I lose!
Would love to go in a sexy fairy costume,complete with tutu and fairy wings but thats only if Ive lost quite abit by then.

Otherwise we are going to be doing it in pink p.j's!

Good luck to you and to everyone else that takes part x x

I've registered for my first ever RFL, in Poole, 27 June. I'm terrified if I'm honest, the thought of doing some kind of 'group' exercise related event makes me shudder!

However, I will be happy to walk it to completion and this year is about me trying to push my boundaries a bit in life generally so I am determined not to chicken out. I'd like to have 2.5 stone off by the day of the race, 3 stone would be great but 2.5 will be fine.

thankyou lisamac. I will be truly terrified with all the people around me. I will only be walking but I am determined to have some kind of sport related medal be given to me just the once in my life!!

Back