rhubarb

CHRISR

Gold Member
has anyone found frozen rhubarb recently - I've looked everywhere - cannot wait to get my chops around a proper piece of fruit

nope... tried a few places today and none.... i did however buy a couple of rhubarb plants from local country store to stick in the garden though lol.... just need the temp to get up to thaw the ground out so i can dig a patch to put them in

thats a good idea Ellie one of the tutors I work with teaches horticulture wonder if he wants to show his students how rhubarb grows

the plants were £1.99 so i thought why not lol

I remember reading somewhere that it should always be cooked I seem to remember it saying it was poisonous if not .... X

My farmfoods didn't have it butthen we are rural

Gonna go get me some tomorrow!! Muchly excited, thinking stewed rhubarb with sweetner, muffin and vanilla cream cheese icing!!!

trudyc said:
Gonna go get me some tomorrow!! Muchly excited, thinking stewed rhubarb with sweetner, muffin and vanilla cream cheese icing!!!

God trudy that sounds so good x

I would have stewed rhubarb within 48hours. Asda usually have the frozen tubs in too. I'm ordering some rhubarb crowns for the garden as I'd much rather have my own, enormous, cheap supply :D

I want to know how to grow rhubarb too!

I have rubarb in the garden but its quite at the moment - thank god cos i get 3 massive crops a year. It is too easy to grow - just put it in and there you have it. I end up having to split the crown every tear cos its so big ! Maybe a friend would split theirs with you to save a few quid??? Only thing is that you should not harvest in the first year as it will affect subsequent harvests.

Detour to Asda tonight after leaving work I was that desperate for some rhubarb and yes bought 2 tubs of frozen :) :) :) pud sorted for later

Back