Rice and pasta cals please?

ammixx

Am driving myself bonkers with this and in quite a bad mood now :( Dry weight white parboiled long grain - how many cals, as do the cals stay the same when plain boiled? Same question for brown basmati rice and dry pasta please? I know the scale weight will be heavier once cooked but it s the cals im bothered about. My parboiled while long grain dry rice pack says 100 g as consumed - is 115 cal and 0.1 g fat. What do they mean as consumed? is the 100g dry weight 115 cal and does it stay the same cals when boiled? Please help before i jump off a bridge :) xx 100g dry rice will go to about 200g or more when cooked - seems a lot of rice if only 115 cals when cooked?

So if you eat 100g cooked weight which is 50g dry weight it will be 115cals.
you made that sound so easy :) Thanks Mary - so if 50g dry pasta = 178 cals it will be the same cals when you have boiled it? so rice is the better bargain for calorie counting? Could I be a pest again - would you be able please to confirm 50g dry pasta = 178 cals, before I go blowing my days efforts? xx really appreciate thanks xx :) oh - and finally - I found online that 100g steamed baby spuds is 68 cals? which makes them the best bargain of all doesn't it? I m just scared of getting this wrong and massively over eating like I did on SW :( xx

Last edited:
Pasta - Different brands have different calorie counts, it sounds insane, but they do vary by quite a lot in my experience. So you're best to look at the nutritional info on the pack (which is usually in cooked weight - so keep that in mind).

You do generally get more rice than pasta for roughly the same amount of calories.

100g steamed potatoes isn't really that much...and cooked potato will weight heavier than raw.

Are you using anything to track calories? A website or an app? That'll help.

Back