Right, I've really got to stop kidding myself!

RuthG

Gold Member
I've been off plan for a couple of weeks, and have not been at all sensible, infact, I've had whatever I wanted, with me reasoning that it will be ok as I go back on CD soon...... resulting in a gargantuan weight gain, of which I am most ashamed! So, Fertility appointment in 11 weeks yesterday, and I need to lose 2 stone, well I need to lose another stone on top of that now..... so 3 stone in 11 weeks.... doable??

Yes, doable! A stone a month is really possible Ruth!

I really hope so Guru, I was so close, 2 stone sounded so easy to do, and thats why I didn't have the urgency to get back on plan straight away, now I've got another stone on top. I'll be so upset with myself if I don't get there!

You will you will you will! Our BMIs are similar, we will do it together and for the same reason! :)

I have 3 months to loose 4 stone!!! for my next fertility appointment, come on girls we can do it!!!!! One day, one hour at a time, anyone fancy a pint of water?!!!!
xxxx

waaah, you've just made me cry - stoopid hormones! People can be so lovely, especially when my 'sorrow' (can't think of another word!) is self inflicted!

Thanks girls, you've made me feel really motivated, day 1 today for me, and I will get there!

you should start a fertility group ladies! :D
All with the same common goal should make you all more qualified to motivate each other! lol

Yes doable! Nothing is impossible on this diet!
Stick to it 100% and get glugging that water!

Your all going to do super!!!

xx

There is already a "Doing CD to get pregnant" group Lizz... it is heartbreaking some of the stories in there, but it is nice to know there are others in the same boat

What Guru said! The support is fab on there, and it's nice to know that I'm not alone in my journey, we've all got the same goal!

awww that is lovely! I never realised!
i lost 2 stone before conceiving DD in 2005 and i look bag at how big i was, and i wish i'd lost more as i was 22 stone 6 weeks AFTER her birth! Can you imagine how much i weighed when i was pregnant! EEEK! :( we were told that we would never conceive naturally, but nature contradicted this in the end.
ALWAYS keep the faith!!!! xxxx

You'll have the first stone off in no time, a lot of that is probably water - it's gone on quickly and it'll probably come back off quickly too.

That'll leave you with 2 stone to lose in about 9/10 weeks and a stone a month is more than doable.

Is this your first appointment or have you had one before and they'll be shocked and amazed at your weight loss? :)

You can do it ladies!!!! We all know you can and will. You have something very special to work for. We are all here for you x x

You'll have the first stone off in no time, a lot of that is probably water - it's gone on quickly and it'll probably come back off quickly too.

That'll leave you with 2 stone to lose in about 9/10 weeks and a stone a month is more than doable.

Is this your first appointment or have you had one before and they'll be shocked and amazed at your weight loss? :)
I've been under fertility docs for about 3 years, had lots of investigations. At my last but one appointment they told me that if I got to a BMI of 35, then they would start treatment, so I went to my appointment nearly 3 weeks ago, having acheived my goal, and they said that clomid wouldn't help and I needed more invassive treatment, and needed to have a BMI of 30 or below to acheive this - so we agreed a weight, which meant another 2 stone, which I was happy with, as I still needed to lose the weight regardless of fertility issues or not! I'd told the doc that I'd lost 3stone and 8lbs since May, and she was astounded and so so pleased for me! Can't wait to go back onDecember 1st!

You've done so well already, don't worry about falling off the wagon a bit - you're only human! The bit that matters is getting back on it :)
You will so lose that weight by the 1st of December - will they start the treatment then? What a fabby Christmas present :)

I'm a MTTTCer on BT, been TTC for about a year or so but had a m/c in May. I want/need to lose weight anyway. I did CD 2 years ago and lost 10 stone but stopped rather abruptly and at the wrong time - lots of crazy life events and I'm a comfort eater so put loads back on - not quite as much as I lost fortunately but not that far off!
I thought it was about time I got back on track especially with the TTC stuff. Hopefully it'll help a bit but if not I don't want my doctor to be able to say "well if you just lost some weight" or "we can't do anything until you lose weight".

Ah, I didn't realise you were a MTTCer, I'm so sorry for your loss, how awful [hug]

It's so horrible being answered with a straight 'lose weight/can't do anything until you lose weight', I understand where they are coming from with it, I just wish they could be more empathetic with it! At least you know CD works! We'll get there!

We'll definitely get there - with both things :)

This time next year you could have a baybeh! How exciting!

I didn't know there was a cd ttc forum, could you gals point me in the right direction, I can't seem to find it! x

Thanks hunni, I will message her now x

im feeling so de-motivated at this moment in timeeeee argh! im hoping we can all encourage each other :s any tips ladies!? and 3 stones in 11 weeks is acheivable! the stories on here r amazing! xxx

Back