Right, that's it! Time to stop fannying about!

I know- problem is this Sunday I'm getting my daughter christened so we're having a party in a posh hotel then me and OH are staying over and having a meal! Oh well- didn't stay to group but only because I've come home to have some EE chilli and then do a kettlebell workout- onwards!!!!

I know- problem is this Sunday I'm getting my daughter christened so we're having a party in a posh hotel then me and OH are staying over and having a meal! Oh well- didn't stay to group but only because I've come home to have some EE chilli and then do a kettlebell workout- onwards!!!!

Sunday is only 1 day out of 7 though and I think a day off is definitely allowed for your daughter's christening - I hope it's a lovely day.

Enjoy the workout :)

Thanks Bev- think it will be a lovely day :)

Right kettlebell express workout done and jut settling down to catch up on tonight's Corrie.

New resolutions to ensure I have a great week ahead.

Drink 3 pints water a day in addition to all my (many) cuppas- 1 on waking- 1 at lunchtime and 1 when kids go to bed.

Mix up workouts- some kettlebell, some kickboxing.

Not take it too seriously :)

Looking back at behaviour this week I think definitely a good idea to keep going to class- yesterday me and oh and kids popped into v posh hotel where he works to finalise christening arrangements and they served us afternoon tea- which is bloody gorgeous there (think fresh scones, smoked salmon sarnies, cream cakes). Because of weigh in later I wasn't even tempted- wouldn't begin to know how to syn all that stuff- but I know from experience that when on a lo carb diet- of weighing in at home I always think 'sod it- I'll start again tomorrow'. didn't do that- so obviously being publicly accountable helps.

Well done on resisting temptation! I definitely find that going to class helps, WI tomorrow for me so being super-good today :)

Aha Slimming World you crafty beggars with your 1/3 free food. Because I had to add tomatoes and an apple to my cooked breakfast I am not hungry for a mid- morning snack and don't even know if I'll be hungry for my early lunch in an hour or so. You sly so and sos- this is all part of your extra-easy evil master plan to rid the world of baked goods!

Just had a delicious lunch of spaghetti with laughing cow blue cheese, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes and spring onion stirred through. Nom nom nom. Think I might be getting the hang if this EE malarkey. Off to have an orange just to make sure.....

Just had a delicious lunch of spaghetti with laughing cow blue cheese, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes and spring onion stirred through. Nom nom nom. Think I might be getting the hang if this EE malarkey. Off to have an orange just to make sure.....

Sounds delish! Thinking about it is making me sooooo hungry. In fact, I'm off to get my lunch right now :)

Grrrr. Just had a conversation with an acquaintaince and we were talking about dieting- I said that I'd only lost a pound in my first week and she sort of smirked and then said something to the effect of what can I expect from a diet that lets me eat all day long and that really I should be doing WW to learn about portion control. *frustrated growl'. Never in a million years will I do weight watchers as from what I can tell (and what she eats) its just packet this and ready meal that and fiddle your points so you can still have crisps. (Am sure it's not like that but that's how she does it it seems). But since then have been feeling a bit depressed as possibly she's right and I won't achieve meaningful weight loss without calorie counting- which I hate! Anyway, rant over

Don't listen to her!! Even if you do lose more slowly than her (although I don't believe that will be the case) when you are both at target, she is probably the one that won't be able to maintain while you will. Some people don't lose a lot first week - I lost a couple of pounds but in week three I lost 6lb(!) and a few weeks ago lost 5.5lb! It is a myth that you should lose a huge amount in the first week. Just stick with it and you will see the results. Keep your chin up!

Humpf, she can stick her WW. As far as I'm concerned anyone that says they're on a diet can shove it. I like SW because it's a healthier way of eating and isn't a diet in my eyes. I'm hoping SW will soon become a natural part of my life. I didn't lose huge amounts my first week 4.5 lbs, and stayed the same last week. But now I'm three weeks in, I feel so much better in myself and know exactly what's passing through my lips as I'm making it all fresh.

Let the haters hate!!

Humpf, she can stick her WW. As far as I'm concerned anyone that says they're on a diet can shove it.

Totally agree with this! My sister is on SW too and sometimes she'll say to me "oh, I broke my diet yesterday" or "my diet's not going well this week" and I throw a massive strop because she keeps calling it a diet. It reeeeeally annoys me. My group leader calls it a lifestyle change and that is what I'm hoping it will be. That's what I meant when I said that you'd find it easier to maintain that she will, because she's on a starvation diet, and nobody can keep that up.

Hmmmm. Put carrot and parsnip chips into airfryer and forgot they were there..... Is charcoal free or superfree do you think? ;)

Think you guys are right about WW, for me anyway the minute I start to limit food is the minute I want to dive head first and mouth open onto any available food source. I hate being hungry. Not that there are many people who enjoy it, but I know some people get a sort of satisfaction from feeling light and empty. I am not one of those people!

Aaa agh- unable to sleep after my son and daughter tag teaming waking up since 2am! Have my daughters christening and party tomorrow followed by a night away at the hotel with the hubby. Am really looking forward to the whole thing but have two concerns. 1: how on earth to try and stick to plan when delicious food and champagne will be available and 2: how to make sure I fit in my dress. It's a nice dress- I had to buy it when it became clear I wasn't going to slim into the original one I had planned to in time- but I think this one is hopefully quite stylish and flattering, but am just worried about the dreaded 'slimming world bloat' as I call it. Anyone else get this? Sometimes things are just fine gastrically and then sometimes your body can decide to hang on to all the fluid and wind in the world as punishment for you eating all that pasta and fruit- when that happens its too painful to suck the gut in and am left with a nice little paunch- not ideal in a pink lace dress (visions of mr blobby.....).

My plan is therefore to try and low carb it a bit from today- have never done a red day before but think this might be a good time to try- scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakie and then maybe pick up some chicken or deli meats when out to have with a salad. Can anyone recommend any good red day dishes. In the past my weight loss efforts have veered between green-day SW and Atkins, so I know how to low cab but have always been able to use fat, mayonnaise etc to make meals tasty. Low carb and low fat is a concept I've never really fancied.

Re food and drink.... Will try and stay on plan for the majority of the day. The evening meal I will have low carb and no pudding. It will be cooked with lots of fat (think scallops and pancetta- roasted pheasant with red currant jus etc) but hopefully I can rein things in a bit by not indulging in the bread and potato side of things.

Am really really looking forward to it all- just hope things hold up well (weather, spanx etc :). )

What a pain in the bum- went to tesco to buy tights and got them home and they were completely wrong- described as nude with a sheen they made my legs look like shiny orange palm trees. So had to drive ten miles with baby to further shopping centre. Am so tired today!!!!!!!!! Two and a half hours sleep is arguably not quite enough to survive on. And am worried I look like a fat lampshade in my dress :( think I'll keep my coat on all day.

Red day going well- just dying for a nap :(

Had a lovely day yesterday - daughters christening followed by party and then night staying over in the hotel. Didn't do too bad food wise. Obviously I ate off plan last night (and wouldn't know how to start synning it - appetiser of tempura soft shell crab with lobster and Harissa dressing anyone? Lol). Drank too much though- but Didn't have bread or pudding so think I managed a special night quite well.

But this morning I chose poached haddock with egg off breakie menu and had it with fresh fruit so perfect EE breakfast. Makes a change as usually for a hotel breakfast I'll pack away cereal, Danishes, toast and jam and a full English and feel like I need to go back to bed straight after!!

Weigh in tonight, and would love to skip it but really no point in the long run - although I might switch to one tomorrow for childcare reasons! That might give my body a chance to recover from all the alcohol!

That doesn't sound too bad at all and well done for chosing a very SW-friendly breakfast. Glad to hear you had a lovely day.

Definitely don't miss class, even if you just switch to tomorrow that's better than not going. Good luck!

A couple of pics from our special day

Attachments

• image-2730229852.jpg
    image-2730229852.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 40
  • image-4210941334.jpg
    image-4210941334.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image-2484446185.jpg
    image-2484446185.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 37
Back