Right, that's it! Time to stop fannying about!

image-1683350662.jpg

Lovely!!!!

Pirate singing has now changed to 'the grand old duke of York' however he has only recently learnt this in nursery and the first line sounds unfortunately like 'ooooooh the grand old nawk!'. Which cracks me up

Sounds like you have had a lovely night. I wish I could relax in the bath with a glass of the sparkly stuff but I don't have a bath - not sure it would be quite the same in the shower!! :)

Back from a break to Bluestone Park in Pembrokeshire. Was lovely. Tried hard to food optimise but fell apart from about day two onwards . Not to worry- am back now and determined to keep at it, particularly as in twelve weeks we're off on another trip- to the Isle of Wight this time and I'd love to be a stone thinner by then- also- didn't really enjoy the 'bad' food- just all the wine I enjoyed- so shouldn't be hard to carry on from tomorrow.

Don't feel particular refreshed by the trip- does anyone with small children/babies feel refreshed by family holidays?! Lots of little moments to remember and treasure though.

Had a couple of wobbly days- not completely mental off plan ones just a bit over-synny, made the cardinal mistake of stopping writing things down so food just slips past so much more easily.

So has been two weeks without a weigh in- one on holiday and this week because....well officially I didn't have childcare but actually just didn't want to see a gain. Can sense old patterns of behaviour creeping in. However am still determined, not at the f**** it stage yet- as am actually enjoying the food (back to having mainly green days as to be honest i can take or leave meat but I love my extra HEs, particularly the cheese!).

Been so tired lately.. Baby just sleeping so poorly at night now (not sure why- she was doing really well- possibly teething/time to wean) that next day my whole body is achey and the idea of doing any exercise in the evening seems mental- but I know I'll feel better for doing it so really need to try.

Have got lots and lots of things to look forward to. Another one just added- myOH rang me from work to say he's sorted out babysitters and a night in his posh hotel plus a meal out for a date night for us 9th March- looks like I'll have somewhere nice to wear my new (charity shop) red dress. A couple of pounds off will see me feel more confident in it so a good reason to stick to plan. Plus a couple of christenings in March and then hoping to get tickets to see Justin Fletcher as a treat for my three year old in April. Then it's May and time for our trip to Isle of Wight. Fun fun fun. So am not going to wreck it for everyone by screwing up eating plan and then WHINGEING about it. Just going to get on with it. Disappointed new magazine not in shops yet as missed group- and SW magazine always really motivates me.

Feeling chilled out at moment as took the kids to a soft play toddler group this morning then baby napped and boy stretched on sofa watching cbeebies whilst I crept off for a hot bath and lie down. Two cups of tea later I'm feeling sufficiently refreshed to wonder whether to
Cook sweetened omelettes as a pancake replacement or whether they'll taste as gross as they sound!!!

Doing ok on plan but have realised I've completely gone back to how I used to do SW e.g fruit and yog for breakfast, pasta n sauce for lunch and maybe a quorn spag Bol in the evening . Technically fine but boring and lazy. Will give myself a break (as in stop beating myself up about it) for next couple of days but after weigh in on Monday will plan to try out at least three new meals that week.

To be fair, I am now in the habit of making up a gorgeous veg soup- leeks, parsnips, sweet potatoes, celery, onions, carrot done with chicken stock and curry powder. It's delicious and served with some ryvita multigrain and laughing cow light as my healthy extras actually feels quite indulgent. So maybe not being that lazy. But I promised myself I'd give EE a try but have lapsed right back to green because it takes less planning. Sigh ......

Just done my express kettlebell workout and feel great- now, the burning question is...... To freddo or not to freddo?! Hmmm am already on 9 syns today- best have an apple

Hi Hatti, there's nothing wrong with going back to green if it's what you feel most comfortable with - I lost all my weight first time round on green - and it was slow, but consistent. I'm givnig EE a try this time round, as that's what the consultants recommend - and having mixed results to be honest. So, if I don't see more movement (in the right direction!) on the scales in the next few weeks, I could well be returning to green myself!

It is a good idea to mix your food up a bit though - and to write it all down. Your challenge to try new meals this week seems very sensible - good luck! x

Thanks Spanx (poetry!). I always get a bit confused when I see threads about how Slimming World are trying to 'phase out' green and original days. I mean, I understand EE is quite straight forward and that's probably why Sw are promoting it, as I guess a lot of people were put off Slimming World by being worried it was too complicated- but If its worked for the last ten? Twenty? Years I'm not going to suddenly stop using the plan.

Am trying to get into the habit of having 1/3 superfree with any meal/snack regardless of what plan I'm doing- so I guess that's a good habit to get into.

Did 30 mins kickbox workout tonight- which would have been great except the baby, clearly sensing i was about to do something just for me decided to wake up and shout at me half way through. Cheers bubs!

Happy today. Was having a grumpy old morning as still none of the pairs of jeans I own fit- baby has left a large wadge around hip/waist area #muffimtopanyone? And I thought it would have gone down a bit by now but sadly not so was still having to wear leggings and am FED up of leggings but equally unwilling to buy jeans in a larger size because..... Well anyone on this forum will know why..... But some red herring jeans in a size 14 which I ordered arrived today and they fit!! Now I'm not stupid, I know they have more 'stretch' in them than an elastic band but I don't care- I finally have a nice pair of jeans to wear which are 'my' size and not maternity wear.

I guess that's a NSV? Anyway Happy Saturday Hatti!

Weigh in tonight, first for three weeks. Nervous already, it's silly- I'm a grown woman but always feel nervous. Was the same getting school/uni work back after marking. Think it's because I know how disheartened I can get if things aren't the result I want- but I also know that if I wasn't attending a weigh in there would have been many times over the weekend that I would have just munched and munched off plan.

This mild weather (although apparently set to disappear soon) has made me reaffirm how much I want to be slimmer for summer. Just to be able to grab a pair of pedal pushers and a t shirt and go when the weathers lovely, rather than panicking about my muffin top/ arm fat/ too tight bra

Good luck for WI, i understand the nerves.

I go to bed on a Sunday night dreading waking up and walking to my own scales, getting weighed by someone else is giving over the control. Can't deal with that!

Am gutted. 2.5 ON! I know I had a couple of days off for my holiday- but even then I didn't go mad and that was well over a week ago and I have been on plan since and I was so sure I'd lost! Feel like a right mug.
5 weeks and a net loss of 1.5 pounds. So **** it. Am low carbing from tomorrow. Will still go to slimming world weigh in next week as getting weighed makes me stick to plan but I need a boost and a week of low carb will give me that.

I came home and cried. Then after much hugs and support from my husband I realised I was being a dickhead. Onwards!!!! :)

My maths sucks- it's. 2.5 net loss. But still pfffft. Although now watching the documentary about the Lady with the legs that won't stop growing, and feeling like a complete child for my sulky outburst since I've got home. My life is fab- so my waist is a little bigger than I'd ideally like- so what?!?

Hi found your new diary .. You made me giggle, and snort lol with some of the things you posted :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks Mis Behave- haven't been posting this week- feeling a bit of a fraud as have actually been doing Atkins Induction whilst fully intending to weigh in at a SW group this week. I wonder if I will be found out by my evil ketosis breath........

Thanks Mis Behave- haven't been posting this week- feeling a bit of a fraud as have actually been doing Atkins Induction whilst fully intending to weigh in at a SW group this week. I wonder if I will be found out by my evil ketosis breath........

I'm still plodding on with my primal eating plan.. I think with SW you can easily low carb / primal / Atkins.. if you wanted to? I just have to figure out how to eat less ;) got to grips with most of every thing else..

So weigh in tonight- not expecting miracles but hoping a couple of pounds down. Measured this morning and since last Tuesday I've lost an inch off my waist and half an inch each off thigh and hips. So despite what the scales say my red dress should fit a little better. Miss sweet stuff though. Friends came round on Saturday and my husband served a platter of carrot cake, angel cake and French fancies. Nearly grabbed the whole plate and ran for the hills with it!

3 off. I'm happy with that-having a bit of a sugar blow out tonight- back on it Tomo. (How many times has that been said on this forum I wonder?!).

Hurt my foot last week- don't know how but it made it difficult to walk so all exercise plans went out the window- hoping its better so I can do more this week.

In six weeks I have lost a grand total of 5.5 lbs. slower even than my expectations. Oh well. Onwards.

Back