Right, that's it! Time to stop fannying about!

Hello, I've just started reading your diary and really enjoyed it, I did a couple of very attractive snort out louds, so thanks for that.

We have similar stats and I'm a very slow loser as well - frustrating! Just to give you a bit of a boost though, my first week I lost half a pound and the second was 6lbs off, so you might have a nice surprise at your WI tonight. Good Luck!

yay! I love "good second week weight loss stories!" - have decided to go to a group tomorrow morning - that way I can do it before breakfast and after a wee (as nature intended :) ).

Thanks- tee hee couldn't go this morning for genuine reasons but am DEFINITELY going to one at 10am tomoz. This is not the beginning of the end!

Made all the other mums at toddlers finish off the christening cake- it's a delicious chocolate ganache and I certainly don't need that sitting at home giving me the glad-eye. Also haven't done any exercise at all recently, so it's tools down trainers on after Corrie tonight!!!!! Don't want to lose focus, particularly not when a pair of jeans is closer to fitting than before- now don't get me wrong, I still have to bend over from the waist an press my knees together to get the button up.

I have a general rule of thumb with clothes- if it takes more than four minutes to get an item of clothing on...... It probably doesn't fit! Have had dresses where have practically dislocated things to put them up/down- and it's been a while since any zips just slide up.

Bum bum bum. Can't find my slimming world credit card thingy ( anyone else really miss the packs that had a little holder for them?!).

Wouldn't be a massive disaster but was planning to go along to a different group to weigh in tomorrow. Don't know what to do now :(

Found it! Can't believe how close I was to a chocolate cake blow out thinking 'sod it- my getting weighed for ages might as well'....... Dangerous.....

Found it! Can't believe how close I was to a chocolate cake blow out thinking 'sod it- my getting weighed for ages might as well'....... Dangerous.....

Oh no, you've just made me realise that I have no idea where my pack is - my books or my card. Maybe I left them in class... hmm... off to have a good look now. Glad you found your card though and good luck for tomorrow.

Home from weigh in high as a kite! Also had a bit of a bargain find- beautiful sexy red ted baker dress in a size 14 in a charity shop. 9.99 thank you very much- got it home and it fits! Arguably perhaps slightly more form fitting than the original designer envisaged.......

So 5lb gone in total- and my next weigh in will be a week on Monday so should be able to drop two more to reach that lovely half-stone award. My faith in extra easy is restored.

Just off to take baby number two for her jabs before picking up baby number 1 from pre-school.

Have just made a curried soup- with sweet potatoes, carrots, celery and leek. Lovely, except the carrots I used were purple ones my husband brought home. So soup tastes delicious but basically looks like a slurry pit.

Congratulations on a great loss this week! Those purple carrots are adorable but I still have weird purple stains on my chopping board from them - I don't think they grow that way, I think some evil genius is injecting normal carrots with permanent marker.

Finally my OH has committed to losing weight! Her really needs to as he is 23 stone. He wears it well on a broad 6 foot 2 frame but is still well too big. I get so annoyed when his doting mother says 'he's always been big Hat' as a a sort of excuse, like that's the way things have always been so its fine. No actually it's not fine- he may have always been big but he's five stone bigger than when we got married so he hasn't always been THIS big- and before people think I'm a complete ***** my biggest gripe is that at his current BMI we can't afford very good life insurance- a big deal in my mind when we have two kids. He always absolutely HATES any photos that have been taken of them- and though he laughs it off I know he'd absolutely love to shop in regular shops rather than have to get them all from a catalogue.

I have been waiting and waiting for him to decide to do something as k desperately don't want to be a nagging cow of a wife- and I know that if the tables were reversed I wouldn't think much of my husband if he nagged me about losing weight.

Anyway, he's having a competition with a bloke at work- which I'm thrilled about as once he gets competitive about something he gets focused. An example was I taught him to play chess on our honeymoon and after that he played and played and practised and practised until he could kick my ass and that of his computer.

So when we go on holiday next week we can all eat fresh healthy food and the house won't be filled with junk- good for both of us :)

That's great that your OH has decided to join you on your weightloss mission. It's great for you as well if you're both in the same boat and have the same aim. I wish both of you all the best and I look forward to hearing how he's doing as well as how you're getting on with it.

Thank God. Was really struggling tonight- wanted some comfort food but was already slightly over syns- until I noticed that today could easily be a green day- so an extra A and B for me. A bowl of cereal and some babybel later and I'm feeling a bit happier. Just want the kids to go to sleep now!!!!

Thank God. Was really struggling tonight- wanted some comfort food but was already slightly over syns- until I noticed that today could easily be a green day- so an extra A and B for me. A bowl of cereal and some babybel later and I'm feeling a bit happier. Just want the kids to go to sleep now!!!!

I love it when thigns like that happen. One little tweak and VOILA cravings disappear!

Nice work on the getting the OH to lose some weight. It will probably help your mindset to have someone else on board and not subconsciously sabotaging things.

I laughed at the soup looking like a slurry pit, I made soup the other day from all the left over veg in my fridge. Not only did my house smell like cabbage as it cooked, but it was the colour a babys nappy. So gross, but tasted great!
!

Little things irritating me today- went for lunch at inlaws house and it seemed my MIL whilst being outwardly supportive of me being on a diet has bizarrely got annoyed with me losing so much in one week and seems to be trying to sabotage- eg mashing our potatoes with butter, encouraging me to have ice cream for pudding and I even found her putting coffee mate in the coffee (not the most heinous of crimes, and perhaps she didn't even think about it- but what's wrong with a dash of milk for heavens sake?!). I think I just get wound up about 'wasted' syns. Mashed potato tastes the same to me whether there's butter in there or not- and I would have preferred the salmon without the giant herby crust thing. It's a control thing that creeps in when I'm dieting and it makes me a terrible and ungrateful houseguest.

I was really proud when my OH turned down ice cream and made us both a fresh fruit salad, but I think it narked her a bit. Maybe not- hub says I'm just sensitive where she's concerned. He could be right.

An sticking to plan quite well I think- have fallen back into the habit of eating 'convenience ' SW foods but that's only because we're out of money before payday so it's use up what's in the cupboards. We're off on hold on Monday and payday is Tue so am looking forward to doing a big shop and cooking some lovely new meals.

Earned wife brownie points today by letting OH Go to pub to watch Man U match. This means I am currently lolling in a hot bath sipping prosecco whilst he tries to simultaneously calm a screaming baby and usher to bed a three year old who just wants to stand at the top of the stairs naked and sing a song about a pirate. Am not getting out til it's quiet!!!!..... Ooh, might just text downstairs to see if there's any more wine going.......

Back