River's LL Diary

Aww thank you mags :) Well im short as hell lol and my goals gone from 9.5 to 10 stone now after a few comments so i though 10 was reasonable! I think ill see how i feel.. ive only just noticing my clothes sizes changing really and can happily say im a 14/16! but a size 10 wedding dress would be nice ;) Go us hehe! xxxx

Size 10 on a 10 stone gorgeous body! Sounds like a plan!
For me 12 is the magic number ;)

I agree with mags - she's right that only YOU can decide what is right for your body. If you have a healthy weight in mind then don't let anyone dissuade you. This is your journey!

Youll have your magic number mags hehe! Yeh i do agree, i know its best intentions and all but if i dont give it a go, i think id be a bit disappointed. Id give anything to be able to fit into a size 12 in highstreet shops!! I was truely getting sick of going in these places and things being to small even though they were my "size".

Wow spangly youve done so well too and not far to go hun! Its amazing how well everyone does on LL. My partner has come into classes with me these last two times as hes slightly curious and he said he just cant believe how effective LL is. Im soo glad ive done this, im the happiest ive ever been in a long time :).

Ive been finding the past few days quite difficult at times although its going slightly better than christmas did! I feel so damn pathetic and like im letting myself down.. Ive craved all night for a chinese (crispy beef :|) but held out and had my shakes.

I dont know why ive got so damn weak over this and its truely p*ssing me off! I need to pull myself together i know, but 3 months more seems like an eternity ( why i cant explain, its only food for god sake!!). I just hope i dont cheat and eat, id be so disappointed in myself.

Hang in there Lucy!
Remind yourself how you felt like at the beginning of your journey. Full of enthusiasm and drive despite having months of abstinence ahead. You're way over than half way there.. this is where you need to pull all the strength together and find new motivation and inspiration. Think about the wedding....

So what's making you feel like that Lucy?
You are not weak. You are strong. Thinking about food isn't forbidden! If you are staying on the packs instead of the Chinese then you are definitely in control.
Focus on what you have achieved so far.
Maybe writing down why you are feeling like this might help?
There may be something on your mind that's nothing to do with food. I bet it is something emotional that's bugging you ..........?xx

Thanks girls, i had a word with my councillor tonight and she thinks its because im coming closer to my goal. I think its slightly that.. but i have been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries properly (yesterday) but over christmas they gave me dianette, just incase changing me from my usual pill. I was thinking before i had dianette i had no feelings about food.. so maybe this pill is making me crave? I was told it can make you hungry but ive never thought about it before.

Slenda i think thats a good idea, ive been stressed with wedding arguements and this polycystic ovaries thing the last few days, so it has made me want "comforting" in food form so maybe that will help me say goodbye to the wicked witch!

Postives now! went for my weigh in and lost 4 1/2 pounds! I wasnt expecting this at all since ive sat on my butt with the flu but its spurred me on it was really needed :).
Just want to say a (very soppy) thanks everybody for your posts, your all fab and i dont think i could get the support all of you give anywhere else :). All your comments make me want to carry on and help me in some way :grouphugg:.

Four and a half pounds Lucie. That's great!
You see - thinking about Chinese food doesn't put on weight!
Stick with it. Wedding planning is always stressful.
I've been stressed before all of mine! Only joking. I've been married twice.
It must be difficult with the diagnosis and medication etc. especially at Christmas time, but at least you know what it is now.
Stick with it. You are doing great xx.

Wow Lucie

That is an amazing loss! and well done for sticking with it.I have a friend with PCOS and recommended her to the forum on here, perhaps it is worth checking out? Sorry you have had all this stress recently, but you are dealing with it like a star!!!

J
xx

Sorry i havent updated and thanks girls for your comments :).

My keyboards broken so can barely type!! Im had a terrible last two weeks.. Ive only lost 1 and a half pound and i cant work out why.. Ive stuck to the diet 100% and this has really upset me. Just finding it hard to justify paying next month when ive lost 1 1/2 two weeks running.

Does it peak (should add my coucillor said it doesnt peak but my OH thinks she has to say that)? I lost 4 1/2 two weeks ago so i cant workout why and neither can my councillor :(.

i can honestly say my weightloss was high initially then it dropped and one week i even gained 0.2lb whilst remaining 100%. the only thing is our bodies need time to rebalance. look at the overall picture not just a few weeks. ur over half way there. ur doing great! xx

Thanks carrie chick :). Yeh ive been the same 4lbs > 2 > 3 > 2 > 4 and then this.
Im not a positive person and a massive worrier (cried all last night.. im so pathetic) so i feel like i failed and im never going to get to 10 stone. Its also a bit of a kick in the teeth when people are drinking/eating and loosing more than you and you keep getting asked "oh you ate did you?".

Wow a gain? I guess i should be thankful i am loosing something if it is only a little amount because that would send me over the edge lol.

Should say im mainly fudged off really because im a pound from 5 stone loss!!

the people that are still eating and drinking throughout may still lose the weight but if they are not changing their habits they are gonna put it straight back on. lets face it your next pee probably took that 1lb right off!! WOW 5st???? AMAZING!! now lift your right hand above your head, bend your elbow so your hand is as far behind your head/ back as comfortable..... now pat. well done. you should be jumping around!! xx

Haha i will, thanks sweet you have made me feel so much better and more postive so there will be no more tears hehe!

Dont wish it on them but i think they will, im the only abstinent one in my group so i find theyre justifying eating of normal food and they eat/drink every week before weigh in.

Im going to give myself a metabolism boost i think though and walk my dog/exercise and drink more to see if it does help :).

River, I think I felt like you over Xmas as I was the only one in my group 100% abstaining. My weight comes off in odd amounts too, even though I've stuck to the plan completely. Two weeks ago I lost 0.6lb then last week I lost almost 5!

Hang in there. I'm hoping to get to 5 stone too xx

Its just so annoying isnt it Spangly? I thought i was a 3lb girl then this happens and two weeks in a row too.. weirded me out as to why. xx

Hi River,

well done on your weight loss how fantastic. remember back when we started the program, my LLC discussed that sometimes near the goal the loss can vary greatly. I know some of my group had weeks when they only lost half a pound and no weight. However, once the body had balanced itself they had better loses. Try not to focus to much on what you havent lost and focus on what you have.
well done River. x

Yeah I find it a bit more challenging now. I still have easily a stone and a bit to go but my losses have been much much slower recently.
I guess lapsing doesn't help too lol
We're still losing though.
5 stone mark is getting closer :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back