Step2 810kcal Road to maintenence

Oh my, step 4... amazing. I'm finally beginning to understand how I'm going to maintain this weight loss. Ive been panicking about my holiday in 3 weeks but I think ill manage okay. If you dont already have it I strongly recommend the my fitness pal app.

So today has gone like this... so far

Breakfast - museli and yoghurt and an apple.

Lunch - one weight watchers crumpet, baked beans and a poached egg followed by a mint crunch bar and a cuppa.

Evening (will be) - garlic and herb chicken with mushrooms, broccoli and picked cabbage with a chocolate shake later on.

Lunch was beautiful and highly recommended.

On a too much information note since starting step 3 and introducing more foods ive had the most terrible wind... I hope this passes soon hahah.

X

So ive said it before and ill say it again... im rubbish at keeping this up todate!!

Anyways im still on step 4, have been for 2 weeks. First weigh in since starting step 4 last night as I was working last week. Result, 2lbs ON...IM FURIOUS haha not with anyone but ive not had over 1300kcal a day (sometimes dont count my milk) but still how can someone gain 2lbs in a week on 1300ckal. My consultant ensures me its my body reacting to the extra carbs and I wont have actually put it on and that its water. I think im just miffed as im going on holiday in a week and really didnt need pre holiday gain. Sooo she's kindly weighing me the night before I go but im seriously considering slimming world or weight watchers on my return if I dont like what I see. I know this is to be expected sometimes going up the steps so im probably over reacting but its so annoying to put on weight when I havent even been naughty... almost makes you think might as well have had a take away or something!

Pah...moan over!! Hope your all doing well xxx

Fnaaaallllly... I am a decent bra size.went from a GG to a D :). Finally I can have nice bras and not just any old ones cause that's all they had in my size.

Soooo... Been on holiday 1 all inclusive week in Turkey and the week after in Scotland. Gained 6.5lbs... I'm okay with is although I could feel the gain while I was away and it made me very uncomfortable, scary how much you notice 6.5lbs and to think I've lost 14xthat... Scccaaary!! Anyways jumped straight back on step 4 on return and ,,managed a 4lbs loss, very happy with this on step 4. I was already 2lbs under my goal so that loss put me back at goal but I've revised my gaol as 9 stone 3lbs so 3.5lbs until goal now :).

Hope everyone is good :).

Lynne

Lynne - starting weight 16st 4lbs current weight 9st 6.5lbs all in 35 weeks

That's great! How long did it take you to loose that gain? I guess I'm looking for reassurance since in my mind I still don't even think ill loose on step 2 - in my mind cos I don't weigh as much as I did I won't loose as quick as I did - and ill never actually know until I actually stick to plan for more than 4 days without a break but any reassurance is appreciated! But the fact you lost on step 4 makes my mindset a complete load of tosh!

Need to come meet you in the 9s!!

X

That's great! How long did it take you to loose that gain? I guess I'm looking for reassurance since in my mind I still don't even think ill loose on step 2 - in my mind cos I don't weigh as much as I did I won't loose as quick as I did - and ill never actually know until I actually stick to plan for more than 4 days without a break but any reassurance is appreciated! But the fact you lost on step 4 makes my mindset a complete load of tosh!

Need to come meet you in the 9s!!

X

One week to get 4lbs of my holiday gain off (on step 4) and ill know on tues if I've got the rest off. But actually I was under goal so the 4lbs put me back at goal but ideally I'd like another 3.5lbs off.

So according to my cards (can only find my newest one) I was on step 2 09/04/2013 so...

09/04/2013 - 2lbs off
16/04/2013 - 1.5lbs off
14/05/2013 - 6lbs off
Then moved up to step 3...
21/05/2013 - 1lbs off
28/05/2013 - 1.5lbs off
Then moved up to step 4
04/06/2013 - stayed the same (introductions of new carbs)
11/06/2013 - 2lbs off
25/06/2013 - 2lbs on... Again introduction of new carbs
01/06/2013 - 1.5lbs off
16/07/2013 - 6.5lbs on... 2week holiday weight gain
23/07/2014 - 4lbs off keep an eyeing the dates some of those will be two week weighing cause of work.

I was the same as you Hun, fully intended to stay on SS until goal but my body was screaming at me that it needed more food. I know it's scary especially when you still have some to loose but you might be better moving up a step... Depending on your BMI your body will panic and do anything in its power to hold onto weight. That is definitely one downside to Cambridge... No one warns you at the beginning that the losses don't stay big nearer the end. When I find my other card ill let you know all my step 2 losses. How far off goal are you cause another thing is I waited too long to start moving up the steps I think as you get to goal but keep loosing then your inclined to move up the steps quickly but I feel dragging them out is helping me learn about food and what I need.

Keep going Hun... You'll be with me in the 9s before you know it.

Lynne

Last edited:
One week to get 4lbs of my holiday gain off (on step 4) and ill know on tues if I've got the rest off. But actually I was under goal so the 4lbs put me back at goal but ideally I'd like another 3.5lbs off.

So according to my cards (can only find my newest one) I was on step 2 09/04/2013 so...

09/04/2013 - 2lbs off
16/04/2013 - 1.5lbs off
14/05/2013 - 6lbs off
21/05/2013 - 1lbs off
28/05/2013 - 1.5lbs off
Then moved up to step 4
11/06/2013 - 2lbs off
01/06/2013 - 1.5lbs off
23/07/2014 - 4lbs off keep an eyeing the dates some of those will be two week weighing cause of work.

I was the same as you Hun, fully intended to stay on SS until goal but my body was screaming at me that it needed more food. I know it's scary especially when you still have some to loose but you might be better moving up a step... Depending on your BMI your body will panic and do anything in its power to hold onto weight. That is definitely one downside to Cambridge... No one warns you at the beginning that the losses don't stay big nearer the end. When I find my other card ill let you know all my step 2 losses. How far off goal are you cause another thing is I waited too long to start moving up the steps I think as you get to goal but keep loosing then your inclined to move up the steps quickly but I feel dragging them out is helping me learn about food and what I need.

Keep going Hun... You'll be with me in the 9s before you know it.

Lynne - starting weight 16st 4lbs current weight 9st 6.5lbs all in 35 weeks

Okay, Ria I found my card... Here we go from the top. I hope this is helpful to you lol.

SS...
23/10/2012 8.5lbs off
30/10/2012 4.4lbs off
13/11/2012 6.5lbs off (2 week weigh in)
27/11/2012 8lbs off (2 week weigh in)
04/12/2012 1.5lbs off
11/12/2012 5lbs off
19/12/2012 2lbs off
08/01/2013 7.5lbs off (Xmas time so no weigh ins for weeeeeeks)
Then I moved to SS+
28/01/2013 5.5lbs off
05/02/2013 4.5lbs off
12/02/2013 2.5lbs off
19/02/2013 3lbs off
05/03/2013 4lbs off
12/03/2013 3lbs off
Then moved up to step 2
19/03/2013 2lbs off
26/03/2013 2lbs off
02/04/2013 3lbs off
09/04/2013 - 2lbs off
16/04/2013 - 1.5lbs off
14/05/2013 - 6lbs off
21/05/2013 - 1lbs off
28/05/2013 - 1.5lbs off
Then moved up to step 4
11/06/2013 - 2lbs off
01/06/2013 - 1.5lbs off
30/07/2013 - Tuesday coming... And maybe step 5 eeeeek.

So actually a lot of my losses are below average... Yours have been fantastic, I think you'll do we'll on a higher step :).

Hope all that helps sort threw your thoughts

Lynne

Hey LMS,

First of all a HUUUGGGEEE well done for getting to goal and maintaining/

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb).

Hey LMS,

First of all a HUUUGGGEEE well done for getting to goal and maintaining/

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb).

Aww thank you so much :). Well done you sounds like your there too :D:D. I think ive just posted on your diary

Hey LMS... Sorry I seem to have posted only half of the message I have written!! Ggaaahhh!! I will rewrite it later, off to work now :)

Good news ladies... it is possible! So I returned from holiday 2 weeks ago today, gained 6.5lbs. Lost 4lbs last week and 2.5lbs tonight so I have my holiday weight off all on step 4 all in 2 weeks. Makes me feel so much better knowing I can loose small weight/holiday gains on step 4. Just thought id share for some encouragement of maintenance :)

That's fab news on getting all of the holiday weight off... In just two weeks.... On step 4!!! This is such great feedback and gives me hope with moving up the steps and at some point (eeekkk) following the Cambridge maintenance programme! It is really so nice to hear! Thank you so much for getting on contact and thank you to Ria too for letting me know :).

So back to where I was going in my previous message :)

Huge well done to the both of you for how well you have done and how long you have stayed on plan it is really amazing!! Thank you for the tips I have already downloaded the fitness pal app... It may even get me back in to running - desperate to get back out there but need to find the motivation (obviously not that desperate am I!)

I am really interested to see how I feel when I see my CDC on Monday about moving up, I think whatever the weigh in verdict is will be when I see what the loss is like. I hope if I do move up I see the successes you have :)

That's fab news on getting all of the holiday weight off... In just two weeks.... On step 4!!! This is such great feedback and gives me hope with moving up the steps and at some point (eeekkk) following the Cambridge maintenance programme! It is really so nice to hear! Thank you so much for getting on contact and thank you to Ria too for letting me know :).

So back to where I was going in my previous message :)

Huge well done to the both of you for how well you have done and how long you have stayed on plan it is really amazing!! Thank you for the tips I have already downloaded the fitness pal app... It may even get me back in to running - desperate to get back out there but need to find the motivation (obviously not that desperate am I!)

I am really interested to see how I feel when I see my CDC on Monday about moving up, I think whatever the weigh in verdict is will be when I see what the loss is like. I hope if I do move up I see the successes you have :)

Its an easy thing for me to say but ive been in your position and the best thing I can say is just have faith in the steps it wasnt until I got to step 4 that something clicked in my head and suddenly the possibility of maintaining made sense. I definitely recommend dragging the steps out as long as you can, they say you can move threw all the steps in 7 weeks but that's faaar to quick for me but it all comes down to personal choice. Are you far off your goal weight?

REALLY reassuring to hear that, it really is, takes away my fear of never loosing on the other steps, that's so awesome!!!

Yeah hun its been reassuring for me knowing if I do gain a little I can get it back off. And im very impressed with 6.5lbs in 2 weeks on step 4... I love step 4. My CDC said I should move up to step 5 tomorrow but im going to be naughty and stay on step 4 one more week haha. Hope your coming along well :)

Well... I was meant to move up to step 5 this week. Following some research and a discussion with the fitness guy at work I have discovered for me to maintain my weight, for my height, current weight and age I should be having no more than 1392.4 calories a day waaaaaaay off the recommended 2000 a day... no wonder I put on weight thinking I was allowed 2000 a day. So that being said I am going to have to join the gym so I can enjoy the odd meal out with friends and things. I guess that also means I have come to the end of my Cambridge journey as 1392.4 calories is less than the 1500 you can have on step 5.

Not feeling good the last few days. Was crying at work yesterday and have absolutely no idea why I just felt awful. Maybe hormonal... I want to comfort eat anyways thats all I know. Trying hard not to and have managed so far. Scared about weigh in on tues as I have added new carbs in again I.e. pasta so expect to see some water weight. Oh annnd I was in asda today the wholemeal pasta had waaaaay more calories than the white pasta... eh what the hell lol. So I went with white. Wholemeal was 225 kcal for 100g pasta and white is 147 kcal for 100g. Im so confused with what I should and shouldn't have.

I HATE WEIGHT!!!!!! Actually considering joining slimming world for maintaining purposes.

Jee really? That seems mighty low! Does it come in the same on here....

http://m.caloriecontrol.org/node/42#

Tip on slimming world if you do it - go and set a target and then once you reach it you can go free - not sure what the minimum loss for that is though, or if there is one!

Oh according to that I can have 1721.25 a day... I like that better. Im feeling all worried about all this again. I guess its just trial and error but I don't want anymore trial and error phases I just want to eat hahah. I guess (against my CDC advice) ill make up my own steps and increase the calories slower than the steps suggest then ill have more chance of knowing where to stop with as little damage as possible. Bloody diets. Im furious with them at the minute. I was hoping to stay away from slimming world as it isnt that healthy... I mean what diet would encourage you to eat as much pasta as you like... seems funny to me. But for weight loss it works so hay ho.

Im not feeling it at the moment. Grrr

Got such a buzz for spinning classes. Just been to my second one this morning. Definitely recommend them ladies. Although no way id have managed them any step below 4.

Glad you are getting into the exercise side of things, I know I have been putting it off big time but I will get there it is just taking that first step!

I am starting a boot camp class in September so think that will give me the push I need. I am hoping to start a Pilates class but having trouble finding one! I really need to sort the wobbly bits out now as I am feeling really great about my size :)

Starting Weight: 11st 7lb. Week 1 WI: -7lb (11st). Week 2 WI: -3lb (10st 11lb). Week 3 WI: -5lb (10st 6lb). Week 4 WI: -3lb (10st 3lb). Week 5 WI: -2lb (10st 1lb). Week 6 WI: -1.5lb (9st13.5lb). Week 7 WI: -2.5lb (9st 11). Week 8 WI: STS. Week 9 WI: -2lb (9st9lb). Week 10 WI: -4lb (9st5lb). Week 11 WI: -0.5lb (9st4.5lb). Week 12 WI: -1.5lb (9st3lb).

I absolutely loooove the exercise... never in my life thought id be saying that. Get such a buzz from it and so good for mental health.

Done spinning this morning before work...makes for such a good day :).

Back