Roast Chicken stopping weight loss

Starlight said:
What is going these past few days in here?? Ive never seen so much bickering and arguing in a section.

Play nice :whoopass:

Yes mum:p

Personally I think it's all you can expect when you deprive a load of women of chocolate:)

Women AND men lol....I am seriously craving a bag of giant buttons!!

Good for buttoning up the chicken when you've finished hemming.

Wow, what a thread! Just read from beginning to end!

Keeping to the chicken thing I used to have a rotisserie in my oven just like the supermarkets. Only held on large chicken,lol, before anyone is picturing a deli counter in my house!

Anyway, I used to take a chicken from a packet shove it on the rods and cook it. It tasted exactly like the supermarket ones. Don't see why they would doctor them unnecessarily!

If you get a plain one I doubt it is going to be much different than roasting one yourself, to keep basting it while it is cooking and then removing the skin. I would imagine some flavoured ones would hold some syns (if it contains synned ingredients) but most will be on the skin. The skin would count for most of the syns quoted anyway.

love it starlight , this is the first thread I glanced at on my return to SW from the darkness of a VLCD and what do I find ??? chickens that shoot up on chocolate !!!

Chicken junkies! :8855:

So....anyway....what did we decide...can we eat cooked chicken's from supermarkets as long as the skin is removed? :D

I had 2 of the Tesco Large this week (without skin lol) and I lost 2.5lbs (more than what i normally loose!) so i say EAT EM AS MUCH AS YOU WANT!!!!

Last edited:
Starlight said:
Best not to, they inject them with chocolate then hem them apparantly...

That IS what we've learned from this thread - isnt it?? :whistle:

Oh golly! Thank goodness for Tena lady, I laughed so much!

Best not to, they inject them with chocolate then hem them apparantly...

That IS what we've learned from this thread - isnt it?? :whistle:

I so want to double like this post! :D

I've been 100% everyday eating loads of super speeds and not going over my sins. I have however had 2 sainsburys ready cooked chickens. At weigh in I maintained! Umm I wonder......

Thank you to everyone who answered with helpful posts. I shop at aldi and will definitely look at buying one! I'll also make sure from now I don't ask questions I can find out from looking in the supermarket, google, calling the suppliers or writing to the manufacturers :)

Aesir, you had me in fits with this, bless. As for the chicken, don't bother cooking it in the oven. With the money you save buying fresh whole chicken instead of costly chicken breast or rotisserie chicken, invest in a slow cooker.....as little as £10 from Tesco (own brand) and that way you can cook away without using any fats. Far healthier and sooooo convenient.

For instance, your chicken just needs to be unpacked, washed, seasoned &/or stuffed. My personal favourite is to shove some quartered lemons & garlic cloves up its rear, shove it in the slow cooker & cook on high for at least five hours. This meal will not only give you a decent chicken dinner, but I strip the remaining meat off next day for a curry, then I simmer the carcass for an hour, sieve & use the stock in soups!

Far nicer, me thinks, that a rotisserie chook?

Back