Roast Chicken stopping weight loss

Mrs.S. said:
Pffft try those things called shops?????? Or ask google??????

Joking aside, try the market maybe? Or a haberdashery type shop. As a last resort - go to the baby section on supermarket. Muslins are used most commonly as baby burping cloths!

Thanks Mrs S, I did wonder what they were used for:)

I know it might seem silly but on another thread Ermintrude told me to use an old pair of tights (clean obv lol) as a substitute for muslim.

kingleds said:
Shirleen - where do I buy muslin from, if that's not a silly question? I did check in those things called supermarkets today but couldn't see any. Am making a dish which will have leftover carcass & wings from about 3 chickens next week so could do with not wasting it.

I got one in hobbycraft last year for making my dumpling but a metal sieve would do the job just fine (that's what I usually use)

I bought mine in tesco, £5 for six, only they're huge so I quartered and hemmed four of them.

I bought mine in tesco, £5 for six, only they're huge so I quartered and hemmed four of them.

D'oh! I came back to this thread and forgot it had moved onto muslin cloths. For a few seconds there I was trying to work out how you hem a chicken!!! :confused:

Edited to say I've just caught up with the couple of threads back - glad I'm not the only one!

. . .

And if Anna's post is a little complicated, I always swear by this method:

Open chicken, remove string, put oven on 180 degrees, put chicken in roasting tray, and roast for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. (for a 1.3 kg chook)

Nom.

Fin.

I agree, that sounds a lot less daunting. Trouble with me, I will never use one word where I can use several sentences and too much punctuation!!

Conciseness was never one of my virtues!! ;)

Ellie666 said:
I believe the same price as a whole length of string.

I also believe there are places called Tesco or asda and they occasionally put labels on stuff with prices on them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I don't like this response, not helpful in the slightest.

Wow I've missed quite a lot since asking a question meant for polite conversation. I wasn't looking for an exact price to the penny, more a general idea to see if its more economical than buying chicken breasts overall.

Thank you to everyone who answered with helpful posts. I shop at aldi and will definitely look at buying one! I'll also make sure from now I don't ask questions I can find out from looking in the supermarket, google, calling the suppliers or writing to the manufacturers :)

Wow I've missed quite a lot since asking a question meant for polite conversation. I wasn't looking for an exact price to the penny, more a general idea to see if its more economical than buying chicken breasts overall.

Thank you to everyone who answered with helpful posts. I shop at aldi and will definitely look at buying one! I'll also make sure from now I don't ask questions I can find out from looking in the supermarket, google, calling the suppliers or writing to the manufacturers :)

The point is non of us should be made to feel like we cant ask questions! Answers like the one I quoted are unhelpful, if not bordering on the point of being nasty.

I am not going to let the minority rule. If I've a question to ask I'll ask it most of the people on here will give great answers/advice. Please don't stop asking questions. xx

For those of you that have slow cookers - put a whole chicken in, no water needed, just season and leave for 5 or 6 hours depending on weight and you will have delicious, moist meat at the end where the skin just falls off. :D

My chicken is sitting in the slow cooker right now, with a lemon and onion up its bum.....

Its the only way i cook chicken now...

The problem as usual with this forum is some people seriously need to get that STICK OUT THEIR REAR

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back