Roasted Chick Peas

sb15

Hey everyone,

I love making and eating these, and although I only use fry light and the can of chick peas (and like, whatever spices I like) because I'm roasting them, my group leader says I have to figure out the syns because I'm tweaking them. Any way to figure that out? I typically do green days.

Aaaahhh is this because of 'food abuse'?

I really have no idea how to syn them tbh, because if they're syn free, then what syn value are you meant to put on them??

I like to make my own potato crisps, I would imagine this is food abuse too, but like you, I have no idea how to start synning them, all I do is slice them, stick them in the micro and cook them until crispy. How do I syn that?!?

I would have thought your consultant should tell you how to syn them rather than saying figure it out yourself, that's not very helpful is it!?!

Hope someone can help soon.

Jx

Hmm, this is one of those controversial little SW things, like cous cous cake/Lasagne crisps/blending fruit etc....

I'm not sure how you would syn them, did she say? I can't see how you are tweaking them, it's not like you are using them as a flour substitute eg in a cake. You can have hummous for free home made so this is a strange one!

hahahaha its a phrase my ex-consultant used to use all the time for 'tweaks' .... we were clearly abusing the plan in her eyes. LOL x

I love chick peas, but how does putting some (free) spraylight and spices on them make them 'food abuse'???

Ha, she referenced the lasagna crisps when she said it. I'll ask at the next meeting. I'd be more than happy to count a couple of syns for them on my green days (I can't imagine there would be a lot) because I'm not housing the whole can in one sitting, but I just don't know how to figure it out!

But if you ate that tin of chick peas cold mixed in with some salad leaves then it would be free???
If I roast a chicken breast it's free so why not roast some chick peas..... I love SW but sometimes it leaves me a little speechless (yes really!)

Maybe its to do with eating more than you would in their 'usual' form ..... ie/ I may make crisps for a snack using 2 potatoes but if I were having a jackie P as a snack, I'd only eat 1.

But if you're only eating the same number of chick peas that you'd eat as a snack anyway ..... I don't see what the problem is!

Hhhhmm might it be worth emailing SW?

I think it just depends on how much you're eating if you're using it as a snack. I think you're fine as long as you're not eating mounds of it as a snack - a couple of handfuls then I can't see the problem (in my opinion!).

The reason they're syned is because the are peanut equivilents basically and you wouldn't have a whole bunch of them on our plan. Same with the crisps, you wouldn't/shouldn't have loads of "real" crisps on the plan.

Free foods are as such because they intend to fill you up and/or be the main part of a balanced meal, whereas a pack of "syn free" crisps wont. That being said if you only have a few "crisps" or "peanuts" then I wouldn't count big numbers, it's all about training the brain to think healthy :)

I hope I explained that OK

Natt xxx

Back