Robins SW experience Extra Easy

ok so i will start off with a quote from my intro topic save me writing some stuff out again lol

hey guys and gals.

I've recently started slimming world at the whittle hall community centre in warrington and joined this site as soon as i joined but havnt posted. ive been going for about 3-4 weeks on the extra easy version of SW and i just cant believe its actually working - im having some massive losses even if i slipped up and only lost a 1/2 a pound last week as i slipped up quite a bit that week.

here is one of those charts to show how i am doing.

My Weight Chart:

and i have a small one in my signature. i've tried all sorts of diets through my short 21 years lol right from the age of about 13 and have either not stuck with it or it just hasn't worked. but i think im definatly going to keep it up this time as it is working and the food and recipes are gorgeous.

hopefully i will bump into a few people around the forum and learn some new recipes and if i find any i will be sure to share them.

thanks
Robin

ive been obese or morbidly obese most of my life and have bounced diet to diet including SW several years ago but i tohught i would revisit it and this time round it seems to be working wonders and i feel i have the support i need now to make it work - plus if i dont i know i will be in an early grave.

my mum and sister have been doing it since january and have lost about 4 stone between them and i tried it over the 3.5 weeks i was home from uni at easter and lost 1 stone then (taking me to my 360lb starting weight) and i have now that im home from uni officially started SW and i must say i am loving every minute of it. i must say though it is taking a bit of getting used to not been able to drink large amounts of alcohol been a student and all lol. i want to lose my weight and get down to my target within 12-18 months so that i and nice and skinny for my graduation.

here are some before photos. which hopefully i can look back on in 12-18 months and be extactic as i reach my target weight.

front
DSCF0078.JPG

side
DSCF0080.JPG

those images are probably me in and around my heaviest give or take a couple of LB's.

anyway i hope to keep posting here with my results each week and how i get on so that i can look back and see how i did and where i had my bumps in the road.

lots of love to you all
Robin

Last edited:
Hi Robin,

Welcome to MiniMins and well done on your weight loss.

Your post was automatically moderated as your photos were just too big, you need to resize them please.

Good luck with your SW journey it is great to hear you sounding so motivated and well done to your Mum and sister on their weight loss.:happy096:

hey robin :) you've had a good loss so far! well done hun, all here to support you :) minimins really helps, i find keeping a food diary on here has been one of my biggest motivators to stick to plan... i wish the whole world would do slimming world! lol, it's so easy, isn't it? hope to bump into you again around the forums... oh and have a look in the challenges section for 'from here to eternally slim', you can join the group and then just update your losses each week... it's a nice support group :) xxx

awwww thanks guys - this place is so welcoming.

anyway this week i lost another 2lb which tottally suprised me as my activity has been down, i also whent the cheshire show on tuesday and had fish and chips and cider so i was amazingly suprised. i also got slimmer of the month as well.

this week im wanting to step up my activity and im going to try and be even better so no booze or chips this week so heres to a good week.

btw i see people with these stickers in there signatures and was wondering where they get them from

WOOHOO. lost another 5lb today at weigh in. 16lb total now or 1st 2lb for the stone people. and i got slimmer of the week again. this is all in 5 weeks which i find amazing and baffling - this is the lightest i have been and the first time my bmi is less than 50 in 2-3 years aprox. i need to crank it up even more over the next two weeks though as i go on holiday in 10 days for two weeks - all inclusive so i need to offset my gains lol

Last edited:
had a naughty week this week. lots of chinese and a night or two out with friends (and half a burger from mcdonalds) but still amazingly managed to lose 2.5 lb. im aiming to lose another 2-4 whilst im away on holiday.

a little update.

well as i posted i was going away and i did i went to egypt for 2 weeks all inclusive and got back on 31/07/10 so just in time for my weigh in last week and lost 4lb on holiday which i put down purely to the egyptian belly i suffered from lol. and this week although not quite so good i still lost 1/2 lb which is pretty good considering i ate out a bit.

im aiming to get my 2 stone award in the next week or two, i got my 1.5 when i got back on holiday.

so im going to start going the gym - has anyone got any pointer on good exercises or recipes i could try as im getting bored of curries?

a little update.

well as i posted i was going away and i did i went to egypt for 2 weeks all inclusive and got back on 31/07/10 so just in time for my weigh in last week and lost 4lb on holiday which i put down purely to the egyptian belly i suffered from lol. and this week although not quite so good i still lost 1/2 lb which is pretty good considering i ate out a bit.

im aiming to get my 2 stone award in the next week or two, i got my 1.5 when i got back on holiday.

so im going to start going the gym - has anyone got any pointer on good exercises or recipes i could try as im getting bored of curries?

hey you! lovely to see you back! egyptian belly, hehe, thank the lord for it cause you might have put on waaay more than 4lbs ;)

regarding the gym - id say get on the cross trainer. then again it's not for a lot of people as they prefer the treadmill, but i find the ct much better. if you have knee problems, ct is best :)

new recipes... pick up a copy of the sw magazine, there's loads of brilliant stuff in there! there's some really good recipes for chinese food, you won't want to go out and eat! also try some pasta salads, v refreshing in this weather :) make some paella, there was a recipe for valencian paella a few mags ago that was absolutely pukka!

xxx

yeh i will pick up a copy next monday i think at WI. and i think i will do the cross trainer and maybe a bit of swimming - hopeing to go on saturday to the gym and again on sunday then try and keep it up the rest of the week.

also anyone got any suggestions on how i can go about reducing my portion size. i know theres the thing of just dont put so much on the plate but its hard to kick that habbit

Hey there! :) I was just sprotting through some diaries and I came across yours. I love your Bushisms poster - I had one while I was in uni...it always made me chuckle! :D

I'm very jealous of your hols to Egypt, it's somewhere I've dreamed of going :)

As for reducing portion sizes...I'd buy smaller plates! You can fill up your plate, which helps with the psychological aspect of needing a full plate to feel full, but obviously the portion would be smaller :) I guess it's the opposite of putting food on a very big plate to make it look less, which we had to do with my younger brpther when he was little to make him eat more. Blimey, I don't half waffle! :eek: :D xx

Hello Mac,

Sians idea is a really good one. I use a smaller plate now and it always feels naughty as its still heaped up. its only a side plate tho and it does make me feel full.

x

Awesome. Ima go buy some smaller plates

Anyway a little update for this week

I have this week been trying to bring my activity up and have taken the dog on decent walks the past 3 nights and also took her for a walk round delamere on Sunday which was good and this morning I whent for an hour long bootcamp session with a personal trainer - I now ache all over lol but I feel good. Plus it was only £5 for the hour.
If you live round warrington n want the details to come along just ask. It was my first time today and they were very friendly and welcoming.

wow just found this you are doing GREAT.

To be honest I would not worry too much about eating smaller portions yet. There will come a time when you need to but while you are losing well fill your plate up. But also try and make sure 1/3 are superfree.

Good luck and I look forward to watching you shrink.

Teresa

Thanks. Well the portion downsizing is part of my sw plan ( thought up by me lol) I wanted to spend first 2 months getting used to the foods and cooking on it etc. Bow I'm spend the month of august getting my exercise up and then next month getting my portions down. I'm trying to maximise the speed at which i get my weight off with a 3 prong attack lol.

It sounds like a good plan BUT personally I would leave the cuttin down on portion size until your weight loss slows down.

I find if i cut down on my portion sizes i just end up looking for food between meals and more likely to go off plan.

Looking forward to hear your continued progress.

Teresa

well i put on 0.5 this week but i have been very constipated the past week and where i would usually not have tea before i go weigh in i had it just before this week and i have been using my full syn allowences as well (wanted to see if i could still loose using all my syns) but i guess i needto cut then back down this week.

im aiming for 1.5-2.5 lb next week - any more and i will be extatic

ok wow so its been a long time since i have posted but i felt like popping back to say hi.

since i was last on my weight has been going up and down up and down by 1/2-1lb until last week when it jumped 5lb this was largely because i had spent nearly a week traveling between one thing and another but im actually thankful that it happened as since i last posted i have moved up to uni and since then my weight stayed pretty much the same but the big gain kicked me up the arse and i decided to do something about it and came in this week with an amazing 7lb loss which made me so pleased. i rained in my sins back down to about 5 or less a day on average i made leak and potato soup to have for my lunches and have been eating plenty of super free foods but the biggest change i made was exercise, after that gain i just had to do something so i started swimming and it paid off doing 40-50 lengths each time i went. im going about 3-4 times a week and trying to do it within an hour so it isn't a super lazy day in the pool either and i must say i feel great for it. best thing i could have done and i am determined to keep it up.

i have 4 more lb till my club 10 and have set myself a mini goal of 1 stone by christmas. if i manage that i will be the lightest i have been at xmas in 4 years. my next goal after xmas is below 20 stone before summer (i weighed less than 20 since year 11 in high school (im 21 going on 22 now)

anyway i cant recommend SW enough to people and i wish everyone else good luck in there journeys and will come back soon i hope for another update

also here is are some new images taken today. im going to try and take a set every couple of stone so i can see my progress. i personally see the most change in my face.

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations Robin on your weight loss so far:) and on turning your gain into a positive. You will get your club 10 in no time.;)X

well 3 weeks ago i lost another amazing 7 lb which got me slimmer of the week my 2.5stn award and my club 10 award but then proceeded the following week to put on 3.5 and maintain this week. but i expected them and a bit more so i am pleased that thats all that happened. it was of my own making as the week i put on i had a KFC and had a christmas party with some fellow mates at uni that kicked off at 9:30 am (drinking) then proceeded to the pub as soon as it opened with pub food all day long as my meals.

im hoping not to put on to much over christmas and to kick it into high gear as soon as the new years eve celebrations are over.

Back