Robs Diary,,,,,,,,,,,,

rwprice

Well here we go, need to start some sort of record so a diary on here should be the way forward.

Well set up my account, no avatar yet won't let me set one up just yet.
I will be doing the Exante diet to start as to shock the system in to shape. Plan to keep this up for six weeks and then see what the results are.
Will not start this until next week as just ordered the pack, hope to get this by Tuesday.
This will give me time to start cutting back and prepareing for the diet.
The plan will to be keep track of my training and eating habits.

So hopefully this will first of many dairy updates.

Rob :character00148:

hello and welcome Rob :)

as Tasi says, keeping a diary on here is great motivation and you will receive nothing but good advice and support on here, we are a friendly lot and really understand, we are all in the same boat!

Many on here are following exante, with great results..good luck!

Do you have a lot to lose, or would you rather not say?..no problem :)

When is your intended weigh in day? Mine is monday mornings, but have struggled lately to get bak on the wagon after christmas, i'm hoping tomorrow is finally D DAY!

I hope your packs arrive when expected, keep at it and keep posting, i look forward to chatting with you :)

Hi RainbowRose,
Thanks for the reply.

I have 22kg to lose aiming for 89kg.
As I will not start the my main diet untill Wednesday when my pack arrives.

Plan my weigh in day to be Sunday as this will be a good indication on how I have controlled my self over the weekends.

Thanks
Rob

Day -3

Well second day of my diet plan.
It is -3 day of the diet plan as still waiting for the the main diet package to arrive.
Using these days to prepare so just don't jump in.

So today started to cut back on portion size.
Not really been to bad as had a cold and not been really eating, (so a bit of a head start).

Meals

Breakfast: Yogurt Low fat.
Lunch: 2 X Boiled eggs and toast.
Dinner: Turkey 3 veg and glass of red wine. (last drink now for 6 weeks)

Training

No training today as never train on sunday.

So day one of many to go, looking forward to starting full diet plan next week.
Back to training tomorrow.
So really not a bad day as things go lets see how I feel next Sunday. :D

So until next Time
Rob :character00238:

Hello Rob welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to reading your entries and catching up on your success xxx

Day -2

DAY -2

Well second day in and 2 before I start the my diet fully.
Just hopping the pack will arrive tomorrow.

But still been following a diet plan, so hopefully on the right lines.
Again today not to bad busy day in work so did not really think of food as such, but home now and a bit hungary but ok with it.

Meals

Breakfast: Go Bar
Lunch: Porridge Lite
Dinner: Mushroom Stroganoff with Carrot, Cauliflower and broccoli

Training

40 mins Cross-trainer
30 mins Dumbbell Circuits

Good day really but starting to feel a bit hungry, but this must mean I am heading in the right day.

Well another day over.
Until next post.

Rob:bliss:

DAY -1

DAY -1

Well pack arrived today so tomorrow start my diet with a vengeance.
But so far been ok on the pre start diet hopefully this has me a little prepared.

But I won't lie now the pack has arrived and you can see the 28 days of your diet laid out there.
There has now has to be total commitment. (Well my wife will make sure I do now it is here LOL).

Well today was a bit slow in work so more time on my hands and longer lunch time.
Did feel hungry today but could just handle it.

MEALS

Breakfast: GO Diet bar.

Lunch: Porridge & Muesli Bar.

Dinner: Beef and Liver with Broccoli & Cauliflower.

Training

Treadmill 20mins moderate pace.

Full Body Weight Machine circuit 3 x 15 reps

Well tomorrow start the Exante Total diet so now time to really focus and push this out to the end, the
plan is to stick to this for 6 weeks.

So until next post good bye for now :character00238:

Rob

Hi and welcome! Minimins is honestly amazing, the people on here are some of the most supportive, encouraging, motivating and inspirational people that I've ever met, well not met! So you've come to the right place :)

Exante, along with any food replacement diet, is hard work. I've been there and it's really not my cup of tea at all, though I did it for a couple of months. So good luck with it, I'm sure you don't need it though, you seem to have a great attitude towards it all.

22kg, what with you being a man and having better losses (bloody men!), should fall right off you pretty quickly and you'll be where you want to be in no time. Do you have a particular event or something that you're aiming for?

Be careful with how much you exercise/train on Exante, remember that you're not giving your body that many calories. If you're doing Total Solution, that's only 610 calories which really isn't much to support all your normal body functions AND exercise. I know when I did a different diet but the same concept, same number of calories, I was told by my doctor and my consultant that I shouldn't exercise because I'm not giving my body enough for that. There were a few times I ignored them and did anyway and I felt pretty light headed and bad for it. So just be careful with it :)

But most of all, good luck. Hope it goes well for you.

Hi Caroline,

Thank for the message.

No major event I am losing the wait for.
Was very active and the had a injury that stopped me training on and off for 2 years.
So put a lot of weight on and now time to get rid of it.

Hope to juggle the training, will only be doing about 40mins a day at the start and see how it goes.

Thanks again hope all is working out for you also.

Rob:character00238:

DAY 1

Well day 1 of the Exante, so how did it go.

Well not to bad really, due to the prep before hand it has set me up to hit the diet running LOL.
Started to feel hungry at the end of the day, but just had the shake and that helped take away the hunger.
See how to night goes, should be fine as I have a 4 hour drive in a bit for work tomorrow, so should keep my mind of eating.

Meals

Breakfast: Chocolate Orange Bar (Taste was ok, quite filling.)
Lunch: Mushroom Soup. (Again taste was ok, I always like this type of soup)
Dinner: Banana Shake (Loved this really nice and thick, used ice in it)

First day using Exante and was impressed with the taste of the packs.
But it is the first day and you are always full of good intentions and plans.

Training

Cross Trainer: 40mins Moderate pace.

Day 1 over, feeling ok with it at the moment and hope to continue this way.
Well impressed with the taste of my first packs see how the rest taste over the next few days.

Will I will not kid my self this diet will get hard and the menu is going to test.
But I do plan to have a Ketosis meal on Sundays for dinner as this is a main meal of the week for us.
Will not look right with a mug of soup or a shake at the table for sunday dinner.

Well un till the next post.

Rob:character00148:

Glad to hear the packs have arrived and so far so good! :) It must help that you actually like the tastes, so you are half way there!

You have the right attitude going on, so you can't fail to succeed..good luck :)..and enjoy that sunday dinner..you will be so ready for it by the weekend!

Day 2

:airquote:Hi all, thanks for the replies and support from you all.

Another good day on the diet front.
Busy day with work so no time to worry about eating, work stays busy like this could help LOL.
But seriously been ok, was a bit hungry tonight but after the shake felt ok.
They seem to fill me up which is good.

Meals

Breakfast: Chocolate Orange Bar
Lunch: Coffee/Water
Dinner: Vanilla Shake

Training

Treadmill: 15 mins Warm up.
Full-body Weight Circuit 3x15 reps.
Cross Trainer: 20 mins Moderate.

Still going well but the honeymoon period will be over soon all so the weekend is upon us.
Until my next post.

Rob :character00148:

Sounds like you're doing great, well done.

Day 3

Another day over, weekend here now and it is a Rugby weekend.
So will test my will power in the club with every one drinking during the game.
But I will be STRONG LOL...............

MEALS

Breakfast: Toffee Nut & Raisin Bar
Lunch: Coffee/Water
Dinner: Vanilla Shake

Training

Treadmill: 25 mins run (easy)

Again things going ok hope to keep it this way.
Only 39 days left LOL :bliss:

Until next time.............
Rob :D

I really admire you for sticking to this. I would be craving food by now! The weight is just going to drop off you. I'd be interested to know how each thing tastes? Also how much is a shake - does it fill you up?

Good luck Pomooky

Hi Pomooky,

Thanks for the mail.

I have found to date that I am doing ok with it and I do feel hungry at times but will fight through this.
As for the taste.

Bars

Both the flavours taste ok. But they are a bit rubbery but ok.
They do fill you up in the mornings which is a good thing.

Soups

I am a big fan of soups, I did like the taste of them.
They can be hard to mix, but I find if you add small amounts at a time it miss ok with no lumps.

Shakes

Now I love shakes, I use to have protein shakes all the time. I mix with ice in a blender all the time.
I plan to replace the bars in the morning with shakes. Then to have 2 shakes a day and on alternative days have a soup or a bar.

There is a porridge pack but I have not tried this as it did not come with the bundles.

As for price, the cheapest way is to buy the bundles, you get 28 soups, 28 Bars and 28 Shakes.

But prices for individual items

Bars £2.44
Soup £2.38
Shakes £2.38

Hope this helped and I wish you the best. :character00238:

Rob

Glad to see it's going well

Hi Rob

Ta for all the info! I hope you are going well, what with it being the weekend etc. I think your diet was pretty good in the run up to Exante anyway. I won't be doing it though. I know I would never stick to it and have loads of weird food issues that diets just make worse. Still, I admire those who can do this short term and you sound the kind of person who can!

Pomooky

Back