Roisin's green day only food diary

Saturday 30th July 2011

Breakfast
2 weetabix & 200ml semi skimmed milk (hea 1 & heb 1)

Lunch
Bachelors Savoury rice

Snacks
2 alpen light bars, bananas, mandarin oranges

Dinner
Planned chinese takeaway - shared a vegetable curry with my OHs mum which worked out at about 6 syns (I think - it's quite hard to find syn value for a bog standard Chinese takeaway curry!) opted for boiled rice too. Sounds good until you take the alcohol into account!!! I had 5 tins carlsberg.... Shocking! (52.5 syns!!!!!!) had in no way planned that plus I don't know how I wasn't on my ear at end of night!!

Total syns for day: 58.5 :(
Total syns for week: 96.5 I think... Leaving me with 9.5 syns for next 3 days.... Easy!! Lol but there go my quorn sausages out the window!!

Sunday 31st July 2011

Was a funny old day today - wasnt exactly hungover as such but felt hungry all day and when i ate i could only pick at stuff. I think ive done my eating for the day now tho! :D

Breakfast
2 weetabix & 200ml semi skimmed milk (hea 1 & heb 1)

Lunch & dinner
I made a pasta salad - thought I'd make enough for my lunch tomorrow so boiled about 300g pasta shells. Chopped half onion, red pepper, green pepper and 3 tomatoes. Mixed in half tin sweetcorn, cooled pasta, 2 tbsp light mayo (4 syns), 4 tbsp fat free fromage frais, lemon juice, salt & pepper. This was about 2 pm and I've just finished the last of it!!! I sprinkled some cheese over my last bowl of it there (42g low fat cheddar - hea 2) and bunged it it microwave for 45 seconds - very tasty! I feel a bit guilty though... Is it really ok to eat soooo much pasta!!! Plus I've no lunch for tomorrow!

Snacks
Had a mullerlight yogurt earlier and keeping an alpen lite bar (half heb 2) for bedtime

Total syns for day: 4 syns

Monday, 1st August 2011

Breakfast
1/2 punnet cherries, 1/2 punnet strawberries, banana

Lunch
Low fat supernoodles

Dinner
Pasta salad (a new batch using same ingredients as yesterday, 1tbsp light mayo - 2syns) sprinkled 42g low fat cheddar cheese over it (hea 1)

Snacks
Banana, 2 alpenlight bars (HEB 1), cake (again!! - we had another birthday in the office so there was more cake - i didnt do a very good job of resisting :( - prob about 8 syns :cry:) some cups of tea using milk from hea 2.

Weigh in later so fingers crossed ive lost something although over syns for week...

After being off plan since Xmas starting again :) and just after 2 years of my last entry into this diary, here we go! Doing an EE day today to accommodate my chicken dinner...

Breakfast
1/2 Melon
Muller light

Snack
Banana

Lunch
Low fat supernoodles

Dinner
Mashed potatoes with milk (from hea 1 allowance) and 3/4 tsp butter (1 syn tut tut!), corn on the cob, carrots, peas. southern fried chicken (8 syns)

Snack
Cadburys chocolate roll (5 syns)
2 lily o brien chocolates (5 syns)
Orange

Drinks
6 cups of tea using milk from hea 1 allowance.
1.5 litres of water

Total Syns for day: 18 syns... must do better!
Total Syns for week: 18/15

Last edited:
Day 2!! back to green!

Breakfast
1/2 melon

snack
banana

Lunch (planned)
low fat Supernoodles

Dinner (planned)
Chilli (made with quorn). (Tomato puree, passata, tinned tomatoes, onions, garlic, chillis, red peppers, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, cayenne) Boiled Rice, 1/2 bag of doritos (5 syns) and will probably sprinkle some parmesean over it (28g = hea2)

Snacks (planned)
muller light yoghurt
mini roll (5 syns)

2 litres of water
2 cups of tea using the milk from my hea1.

total syns for day: 10
total syns for week: 28/30

Last edited:
Day 3, still all guns blazing!

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
100 ml orange juice (2 syns)

Lunch
Mugshot - chinese style and half tin of sweetcorn.
Curly Wurly (5 syns)

Snacks
orange
kiwi
banana
bacon fries (6 syns)

Dinner
Chilli con quorn using leftovers from yesterday, with wild rice. 28g parmesean cheese grated (HEA 1)

Supper
slice wholemeal bread (heb 1) and laughing cow light trangle (from hea 2)

Drinks
3 teas with milk from hea 2
2 litres of water

Total Syns for Day: 13 syns
Total Syns for Week: 41/45

Last edited:
Hi Ro1s1n, just tracked you down! Nice to see you back and you don't have much weight to lose anyway...good to keep on top of things tho' hey?
All the very best to you... and well done!

Aw thanks Emmaline, yes gone awol for a while lol! Will try and keep this going as it does tend to keep me on the straight and narrow! How have you been getting on? :)

so after my sister giving out to me last night about my lack of heBs i have had two this morning for breakfast!! also slept in so forgot to bring all my fruit and as im coming to the end of the week, having to make do with whatever's in the cupboards for lunch and dinner... anyhoo, heres whats planned for today!

After another badly planned today doing another EE day!

Breakfast
2 slices wholemeal toast with 2 triangles of laughing cow light (heB1 & some of heA 1 and 6 syns)

Lunch
Mugshot - sweet & sour - added 1/2 tin sweetcorn

Dinner
Mashed potatoes with milk (from hea 1 allowance) and 3/4 tsp butter (1.5 syn), corn on the cob, carrots, peas. southern fried chicken (8 syns)

Snacks
Apple
Banana
Orange

Some cups of tea of using milk from rest of heA 1
aim to drink 2 litres of water

Total syns for day: 15.5 syns
Total syns for week: 56.5/60

Last edited:
Day 4, will do another green day I think!

Breakfast
slice wholemeal toast with triangle of laughing cow light (heB 1 & 1.5 syns)

Snack
Orange

Lunch (Planned)
low fat supernoodles
kiwi

Snack
Kiwi
Orange (end of the week, fruit supplies are low :))

Dinner
Pasta with 1 tbsp pesto (3.5 syns) mixed through with cherry tomatoes, chopped red pepper and 1/2 tbsp chopped pine nuts (2.5 syns), 30g grated cheese (heA 2)

Snack
35g fruit & fibre (heB 2) with milk from heA 1

3 teas with milk from heA 1
oh i had a stupid biscuit a wee small crappy biscuit leftover from some meeting today, i would put it at 2 syns as was about a third of the size of a rich tea biscuit

not much water today unfortunately, will get more into me tomorrow but I will have to be careful as I am driving quite a bit and dont want to have to take pitstops all along the way lol!

Also quite proud of myself, went food shopping and went up and down the crisps and confectionary aisles, then the bakery aisles and managed to walk away without lifting a thing! wonder how long that will last lol

Total syns for day: 9.5 syns
Total Syns for week: 66/75

Last edited:
oops! fallen off the wagon :cry:lets try again. weighed in this morning and undone any good work I had done... so lets start again in the morning!!! this is the plan...

Breakfast
2 Weetabix x 200ml semi skimmed milk (HXB 1 & HXA 1)

lunch
low fat supernoodles

dinner
fajita mix 1.5 syns, salsa 0.5 syns, 2 tortilla wraps (14 syns)
with red pepper, red onion, mushrooms, courgette, carrots and side salad.

Supper
1 slice of toast with laughing cow lite triangle (HXB 2 & HXA 2)

Cups of tea using milk from HXA 2 Allowance

Will update tomorrow... fingers crossed the willpower stays and I stick to it!!

Back