Rokku's Journey: 23 Stone to 12 Stone!

Xenicol - Good thing or bad?

• Bad, and its cheating!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Good, if it helps get the weight off does it matter?

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
I had a couple of chewing orange vitamin C tablets and that seemed to stop the flu coming on luckily.

This morning I was 20.13 stone - get in!

And every night I am eating 2 small roast potatoes (half a full potatoe, using 1 cal oil pray) with a small cut of meat and a ten ton of veg, with a little thick gravy.

I've finally learnt how to eat in proportion its great, don't know why its taken me until I'm 29. You can eat a big dinner and still loose weight, I'm so happy.

I have lots of meat lined up for my roast dinners, kidney, liver, lamb cutlets, chicken drumsticks, turkey steaks in breadcrumbs etc.

I don't feel deprived now when I have all that choice in my fridge, its just a case of choosing which thing to eat. When I get thin I can maintain my weight just by eating more potatoes etc.

I may not get to 18 stone by Christmas, but as long as I loose something each week that is the important thing.

I have front, back and side pictures taken every month, so when its getting really noticeable I will put the pics up. I will also make a youtube video of them and show the weight lose, but that will probably be at summer next year.

R :)

Last edited:
Well I have had a bad couple of days. Tuesday night I went to Morrisons to get some mint sauce and other condiments like mustard etc. Sadly, I had to look in the reduce section didn't I? I found 2 x cheese and onion sandwhiches at 25 pence each! 3 x chicken salads at 25 pence each! And 2 x slices of cheese quiche at 15 pence each!

How could I possibly resist at prices like that? I was strong until I saw it practically being given away. So, I brought it, and I hid it in my bag so that my friend whom is staying with me couldn't see I had brought anything. I lied to him about what I had eaten that day, not mentioning I had scoffed the 2 x slices of quiche in a dark street on the way home.

When he went to bed I got up and sneakily ate one of the cheese sandwhiches, I put the plastic rapper in the bin. I had another sandwhich in the morning and a chicken salad, I fished out the plastic rapper from the bin as I remembered he is very observant, and I disposed of all my rubbish outside of the house before he awoke.

I think had 2 x chicken salad at work, the odd biscuit that was offered me and some fruit. I then lied to him again when I got home about what I'd eaten and we had dinner. I was 21.3 stone that night.

Wednesday I was quite good and kept within my cals. I ate a little too much liver and kidney for my dinner though. I did half an hour weight lifting on my argos multi gym, and half and hour on my power tonic (like a power plate).

Thursday morning, to my utter surprise I was 21.0 stone, so that wasn't so bad a binge after all.

However, I am going to my cousin's birthday party tonight, its going to be Nando's restaurant, which isn't all that healthy. Knowing this probably led me to buy a full sugar coke for lunch, along with a peri peri chicken sandwhich and a packet of sweet chilli crisps.

I dread to think what I will weight Friday morning. We may go for a drink after the meal also, which will be bad, I will try to not go to that.

On top of that I weight in early this week, Saturday, as my friend is going back to Bristol for a week, he will then come back the following Monday at which point we will weight in again.

I hope I can be 20.13 stone and at least maintain on Saturday, I will do more exercise and give it my best shot. I will certainly do better next week I hope. Not gonna let it get me down too much. If I am really really good friday and also exercise for 2 hours, who knows, I may even LOOSE some weight this week, I will let you all know.

Important thing is, if you mess up, don't beat yourself up about it, don't hate yourself and just get straight back on that horse.

Last edited:
I was 21.1 stone this morning I am very surprised as at Nando's I had a medium chicken burger, spicey rice, chips and somebody elses chips lol.

I also had a Strongbow, WDK Blue and a Fosters.

This morning I had some Shreddies, for lunch I will have a sandwhich and fruit, and for lunch some fried liver, kidney and onions and tomatoes. Fried with 1 cal oil spray.

I will then make an effort to do at least 2 hours of exercise which should make me 20.13 Saturday morning, which would be a 2 pounds lose!

Wish me luck.

Well I fell right off the wagon didn't I? Didn't take my own advice about getting back on the horse until this morning.

So binged for about 5 days! On Monday morning I was 21.10 stone!

This morning I was 21.6 stone, so I hope by the coming Monday I can at least get back to 21.1 stone.

I will try hard and exercise all week.

To be fair my cat went missing and I think it didn't help and added to my occasional blue periods of depression, which I'm through now.

3000 cats a week go missing in the UK according to GMTV, its either dogs, nasty kids or just running away. I have lost 3 cats over the last year to this mystery. Now I have no cats and don't intend to get any more whilst I live where I do, just know they will go missing.

oh honey. i really feel for you. i always worry when one of mine doesn't come back at night, like last night. especially with all the fireworks still going off...

abz xx

Well I fell right off the wagon didn't I? Didn't take my own advice about getting back on the horse until this morning.

So binged for about 5 days! On Monday morning I was 21.10 stone!

This morning I was 21.6 stone, so I hope by the coming Monday I can at least get back to 21.1 stone.

I will try hard and exercise all week.

To be fair my cat went missing and I think it didn't help and added to my occasional blue periods of depression, which I'm through now.

3000 cats a week go missing in the UK according to GMTV, its either dogs, nasty kids or just running away. I have lost 3 cats over the last year to this mystery. Now I have no cats and don't intend to get any more whilst I live where I do, just know they will go missing.

Oh dear Rokku, you must be feeling awful about your cat. My wee moggy is precious to me. Really hope you fine he/she soon.
((((hugs)))

I just know Bebe isn't coming back. I knew with the other 2 and I feel the same way now. Also, he has never been away this long. I initially called him Bea because I thought he was a girl, when I saw otherwise months later I called him after the songwriter/singer Bebe Williams lol.

Ok my body is well strange. I didn't eat breakfast, then all I ate for lunch was 7 satsumas, 1 apple and 2 bananas. Then skipped dinner altogether. Tons of coffee today. Then when I get home from work I was 21.4 stone.

Now at 1am I weigh in at 21.3 stone. I couldn't sleep so weighed myself and came on here.

Also I have had two table spoons of peanut butter, and two table spoons of raspberry jam just now, couldn't resist lol.

So feel a bit better, I should get below 20.13 stone by monday at this rate, maybe more.

Also, it helps that my mate has gone back to Bristol for a week and we are having a bet to see who can loose the most weight in a week.

Loser buys the winner a subway lol.

I was meant to exercise today - again I did not! I will try harder tomorrow.

God, writing down my diet and exercise and weighing habits has opened my eyes a little bit. I am just that little bit obsessed lol.

Hope I'm not boring you all too much with my constant updates.

Hey there doll.. just sat and read your diary.. and i gotta say.. you're doing amazingly.. im really sorry to hear about your kitties.. i have 2 and im mean and i dont let them out the house cos i worry way too much..

Well done again..

x x x

Thanx, I like to think they have been rehoused or something like that.

This morning I am 21.1 stone.

keep coming with the updates hon but make sure you eat properly and regularly. skipping meals will just make your body cling to the fat even harder...

you're doing brilliantly :)

abz xx

I just know Bebe isn't coming back. I knew with the other 2 and I feel the same way now. Also, he has never been away this long. I initially called him Bea because I thought he was a girl, when I saw otherwise months later I called him after the songwriter/singer Bebe Williams lol.

Ok my body is well strange. I didn't eat breakfast, then all I ate for lunch was 7 satsumas, 1 apple and 2 bananas. Then skipped dinner altogether. Tons of coffee today. Then when I get home from work I was 21.4 stone.

Now at 1am I weigh in at 21.3 stone. I couldn't sleep so weighed myself and came on here.

Also I have had two table spoons of peanut butter, and two table spoons of raspberry jam just now, couldn't resist lol.

So feel a bit better, I should get below 20.13 stone by monday at this rate, maybe more.

Also, it helps that my mate has gone back to Bristol for a week and we are having a bet to see who can loose the most weight in a week.

Loser buys the winner a subway lol.

I was meant to exercise today - again I did not! I will try harder tomorrow.

God, writing down my diet and exercise and weighing habits has opened my eyes a little bit. I am just that little bit obsessed lol.

Hope I'm not boring you all too much with my constant updates.

You're not boring at all. I enjoy reading your diary. :D its good to look back on your own diary and see where you've been at too. Bebe is a lovely name for a cat. Mines is called Jess. So hope your wee Bebe comes back. Keep going your doing brilliantly. xx

don't lose hope about the cat hon. you never know. mine reappeared after about 10 days once... are there any empty houses nearby because another trick one of mine pulled was getting herself locked in a house that people had just moved out of... *sigh*.

mine are called daisy and charlotte and both vanished for a couple of days but turned up this morning much to my relief. thinking of you hon.

abz xx

Cheers, not that positive about it, was a bit down last night, I feel it in my bones, my Bebe never stayed away, he is just - gone.

I have decided that next year I will take in a couple of fully grown house trained rescue cats from Battersea Dogs Home. Ones that have been neutered and had all there injections. Maybe fully grown fat cats will stick closer to home.

Anyway, I am 20.12 stone this morning. Last night I eat a huge serving of kidney and liver chilli con carni (without the rice). I like to eat this meal as I never seem to put on weight with it, its full of nutrients etc, and is good for... digestion lol.

I am a bit heartbroken, I still keep coming in the house, standing there listening, then saying 'Bebe' to see if I get a welcome back, but it doesn't happen. Also last night I was very tired (I always am, might be diabetic type 2 but will go to doctor when I loose a few stone) and I kept seeing a black shape out of the corner of my eye. I kept turning suddenly thinking it was Bebe, but there was nothing there. Then I thought maybe Bebe had died that day or something and was coming to say goodbye, its not like I've never been visited by a human ghost after all (it was once, after my aunt died years back, didn't see her but she made her presence known). So almost cried last night, but got it together very quickly. I guess last night it also struck me I'd never see him again.

I have had a look around but I just know if he could get back to me he would of done by now. He is not the sort to be away from me for more than half a day, let along a week.

Anyway, as bad as that all sounds, I am doing well, I can hide it well, speaking to me you'd almost think 'the so and so doesn't even care' and maybe I like to give off that impression to people. I've been through much worse in life and faced death before so I guess I do have a hardfaced attitude of 'have a five minute depression then pick yourself right up and get on with life'.

So that recipe. Well, usually I buy some cheap liver and kidney. The packed stuff from a supermarket. Ox is best, then lamb and then pork. I have to say though, I do mix and match a bit if I can't get both of the same animal. Sounds odd but when cocked they all taste pretty much the same. Assume its lamb for now, chop it all up into thumb sized pieces and place into a frying pan sprayed with 1 cal oil spray (about 6 sprays). I take a handful of frozen chopped onions from the freezer and through in the hot pan. Take a small handful of chopped frozen coriander and through in as well. I plan on getting some more tupperwear soon to label and put in my freezer. Having chopped and frozen tomatoes, lemons, lime, onions, potatoes, and herbs is really conveniant and has changed the way I cook food now. Its great because it means I'm much more likely to cook something instead of eating badly.

I forgot to add that sometimes its a good idea to buy an ox or lamb heart and dice it. With the Ox I have to say that I didn't feel like I was eating heart, it was just like steak chunks when the meal was served. I don't think I would try pork heart though, might give it a go one day. Diced ox heart goes great with kidney and liver.

Wait until the meat is 80 per cent cooked. Cooking liver and kidney for too long makes it really tough, too short and nobody wants to eat uncooked meat.

Have the heat just above medium and add a touch of salt and shake over a level table spoon of beef gravy. I generally add some mild chilli powder, say, a table spoon. I did add some really hot chilli sauce once but it takes away from the other flavours. I generally add a tiny tiny sprinkle of the following; ginger, nutmeg and paprika. Please just a tiny bit of each otherwise it will totally overpower the flavour.

I sprinkle mixed herbs over generously - the Swartz kind.

I mix this all up for a while and then put it on the lowest heat and put a saucepan lid over the frying pan to let it simmer. Then I just keep coming back to it every 5 or 10 mins to test the meat and sauce.

I forgot to say that if you find when frying that there is a danger of food burning, then with this recipe have a cup of water standing by, last night I had to add 1/4 small cup of water to add to the sauce. Other times I don't really have to add water, its all about just getting in there really. I don't have any at the minute, but if I had black pepper I would ground some in there. I'm sure if my friend was staying with me at the minute he'd grind in some carroway seeds lol.

You can always stick one potato in the microwave when you first stick the meat in the pan. 5 or so mins later take it out and slice it or dice it and throw it in. It thickens sauce nicely.

Last night I decided to add about 2 table spoons of baked beans that were in the fridge and needed to be used. Also a small handful of sweetcorn. It was ok but I think I prefer it without the hot sauce, sweetcorn and baked beans.

Generally you will end up making enough for 2-4 meals depending on how big your meals are I guess. Since we're all on the large side its probably safe to say it makes 2 meals. I don't eat it with pasta or rice because carbs are the devil and I have no willpower where bread, potatoes, rice and pasta are concerned.

I think its good advice to have lots of tupperwear so you can portion things out and freeze them for another day. Firstly you don't eat a massive portion in one night, and secondly you are more likely to come straight home and avoid takeaways after work because you know you have a selection of frozen food waiting for you that is nicer than a ready meal.

I think I thought of everything, sorry if I forgot lol.

P.S. sorry if that was all a bit long winded, also, don't worry about me sitting her typing for hours, I can type really fast and it all took 5 mins lol

Last edited:
Rokku, thankyou for the recipe. Gonna do that as my work meal one night. Hubb hates offal but I love it so that recipe is a winner for me!!!
Just want to add something. I've spent the best part of my life hiding how I feel, so I am with you there in lots of ways. Never thought for a minute that you didn't care. It shines out how much you do. Any loss in your life is tragic and painful. I so hope Bebe comes back, he meant a lot to you. ((((hug))))
xxxxx Janey

oh honey. i really feel for you. i'm not an offal lover so won't be using the recipe :) but i wanted to give you such a big hug!!

so here it is: HUG.

abz xx

Back