Rokku's Journey: 23 Stone to 12 Stone!

Xenicol - Good thing or bad?

• Bad, and its cheating!

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Good, if it helps get the weight off does it matter?

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
I am 20.4 stone when I got home tonight, and likely to be 20.3 stone in the morning fingers crossed.

Breakfast: Couldn't be asked, fag and a coffee

Lunch: Carrot & Coriander soup

Dinner: Half a cup of rice with some green peas, a tin of soup for flavour and herbs and spices left to infuse the flavour of the rice

About 1000 cals or so I think.

Funny thing is I don't miss the food anymore, I guess I have just adjusted to eating less. Working so hard helps, don't have time at work to snack, can't be asked in the morning to eat, and at dinner I am so tired can't be asked to binge lol.

I might just make that 19 mark by Monday!

I'm coming up for 30 years of age by October, I guess something inside just said 'about time to sort your life out, time is running out'.

R :)

sounds like you are doing brilliantly rokku hon!! keep it up :D you are in the zone. you'll be svelte by october :)

abz xx

After all my big talk I only lost 3 pounds, but that is still great, as I am now 20.5 stone.

I eat 2500 worth of pasta on Sat and it was too cold and the weather was too bad to do my long walks, I was 20.3 stone at one point last week, never mind I am still very happy.

I hope to break the 19 barrier by next Monday but to loose another 2 or 3 pounds will be great.

wk1: 23 stone
wk2: 22.3 stone
wk3: 21.9 stone
wk4: 21.9 stone
wk5: 21.10 stone
wk6: 21.4 stone
wk7: 21.3 stone
wk8: 21.1 stone
wk9: 21.10 stone - WHOOPS!
wk10: 21.6 stone
wk11: 20.10 stone
wk12: 20.9 stone
wk13: 20.8 stone
wk14: 20.6 stone
wk15: 21.0 stone - CHRISTMAS!
wk16: 21.2 stone - NEW YEAR!
wk17: 21.0 stone
wk18: 20.8 stone
wk19: 20.5 stone

Last edited:
Yesterday I ate nothing for breakfast as I didn't fancy it. Then for lunch I had most of a Tesco salad, and most of a Tesco roll. I noticed I had eaten 70 per cent of my daily cals (to maintain) and decided to skip dinner and just have coffee and fags.

This morning I woke up and was 20 stone!

However, this reason I am being extra careful this week is because my sister comes up from Kent this Friday and we are going to Pasta Hut. To make things worse I have a 50 per cent off voucher which means we can spend 40 quid and only pay 20. That is a lot of pasta and pizza lol.

Then on Sat its my nieces birthday party and there will be crisps and cake.

So I may be loosing a lot between now and friday but not sure what the total loss will be come Monday.

I was a bit naughty, I skipped dinner again last night, yesterday I ate:

Apple, 2 tangerines and a banana
Cheese and broccoli soup
left over salad from yesterday

Coffee/fags for dinner.

This morning I was 19.13!

I'm only doing it because of eating badly this friday and sat, and also going out for a meal on monday so have to be really good as I'm sure I'll put on a few of those lost pounds.

wk1: 23 stone
wk2: 22.3 stone
wk3: 21.9 stone
wk4: 21.9 stone
wk5: 21.10 stone
wk6: 21.4 stone
wk7: 21.3 stone
wk8: 21.1 stone
wk9: 21.10 stone - WHOOPS!
wk10: 21.6 stone
wk11: 20.10 stone
wk12: 20.9 stone
wk13: 20.8 stone
wk14: 20.6 stone
wk15: 21.0 stone - CHRISTMAS!
wk16: 21.2 stone - NEW YEAR!
wk17: 21.0 stone
wk18: 20.8 stone
wk19: 20.5 stone
wk20: 20.5 stone - A Birthday Party!

I'm finding I'm missing dinner a lot at the minute which is helping, I think in the morning I will be 20 stone, so as long as I stick to my diet over the weekend, and I fully intend to, then I should be 19.12 or something Monday.

My best mate goes back to Bristol this Sat, then it will be 6 weeks til I go see him for a friends birthday party in March, we are quite competitive and I aim to loose at least a stone in weight in that time.

Then the next time I see him will be mid April for Easter when he comes to London and I aim to be 18 stone something by then.

It's a long journey but well worth it, as by the end of the year I could easily be 12-15 stone, which in terms of looks will put me in the normal looking category and I can lead a normal life.

Don't know if anyone saw Gok Wan on C4 going on about how he used to be 22 stone and when he lost the weight... everyone treated him differently.

It's sad that I have to change everything about myself, just so I can be myself, which is odd when you think about it.

Hey ho lol.

careful you don't start eating too little honey. your body will start to cling to the fat!!

sounds like you're going full steam ahead at the moment :) well done :D

abz xx

Cheers, I'm 19.11 stone this morning, so just need to be good over the weekend.

That's what people say isn't it, but I'm not so sure. I read online this heated debate about the subject and some fitness guru type person was saying that if you are thin (ideal weight) and you miss meals then you most likely will go into 'starvation mode' and store more fat.

However, if you are large then the body has enough stores to work from to get the energy, unlike someone at their ideal weight.

Also, people who miss meals generally binge out later on, the next for example, as a result, and then think to themselves 'I'm in starvation mode and my body is storing fat as a result' when its more likely that its because they binged out the next day.

Its all about cals in and cals out, which is why I can have 4 cups of tea a day with 3 sugars in each of them and loose weight, because I am not exceeding 1400 cals a day.

If you miss enough meals and don't binge out, then you will loose weight, I mean, there is a reason why this works for anorexics, because they are missing enough dinners for their body to give in and loose it. They are not binging the next day.

Not that I am an anorexic ROFL, its just I feel I get enough nutrients from breakfast and lunch.

I do need to have more protein in my diet though.

I was 19.12 this morning! That's the first time I've weighed that in I don't know how many years.

I have taken Xenicol about 4 days off and on for about 2 weeks, which has helped when I have had too much rice or whatever.

I've only been using Xenicol a couple of weeks but I feel it might be helping a bit, not sure if I would have lost though odd few pounds anyway.

It did help when I had a big binge-out, so I guess it was good for that at least. I've added a poll as I feel like such a cheater now.

Also, don't worry folks, I've only been missing about 2 or 3 diners a week, still eating lots.

Was very bad yesterday, had 2 Weight-watchers ready-meals, lots of Ryvita and spreadable cheese, tagiatelli (can't spell lol) with pork in tomato sauce. 2 potions of ready break - one chocolate, one honey. I think even though I only had about 1800 cals I was so worried.

However this morning I was 19.10 so maybe I will be ok come the weigh in tomorrow morning.

I really feel over the last 5 months of this diet that I have learnt portion-control and a little more self-control as well. I have my moments, and when I get to my ideal weight I'm sure I'll be able to get away with more naughty food, as I won't be trying to loose anymore, just maintain, which will be a great position to be in.

Thanx to everyone for listening to me blather on. Working all this out focuses my mind. I can be quite disorganised so have brought a daily pill box and laid out all pills for the week, Heyfever, Xenicol & hair and nail tablets lol.

Sooooo, just under 45 weeks to Christmas Day... assuming I'm 19.10 Monday morning then I need to loose... just under 8 stone, which is 112 pounds, at the rate of... 2.4 pounds a week.

I think lol.

So another good way for me to see how 'on track' I am is to work out the weekly average amount of pounds I need to loose in order to meet my Xmas 2009 target.

If the average goes up I need to work harder, if it goes down I'm doing really well.

Current Weight: 19.10 stone
Current Waist Size: 46
Current Average Pounds Per Week I Need To Lose To Meet Xmas 2009 Target Of 12 Stone: 2.4

Thanx a lot for that I appreciate it.

You are doing really well :) being able to look back and see losses is a great step. Well done!

Back