Roll call and goals :)

To be honest, the bike is my 'cheap gym'. I prefer to get out and about at a gym, but I have zero time, and it's so much easier for me to get on that thing here, rather than spend all that time faffing before/after gym. I can also sit and watch tv with it, or even do ten minute intervals if I'm working on assignments, so it doesn't feel so laborious.

I'm actually starting Zumba on Wednesday. Once a week I shall be shaking mah thang to shake off the fat! I love dancing, and aside from the mad hyperventilation and beetroot face, it's just like a Friday night out! I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping things like this get me more motivated to stay on track too.

Now I definitely feel like a lard arse!!!! Am going to Google what's in my area... Thinking line dancing with the OAP's to get me started!! ( I probably won't be able to keep up!!) xx

Morning lovelies :) last night I ate 6 mini saag aloo and 3 mini cheese and onion pastys, this morning I've pointed them (9 for everything) and wrote them on my tracker today! I'm going to pull it in that way. My tracker was finished and totalled yesterday and at least this way they are being accounted for :) Plan today is to make some soup for today, tomorrow and Tuesday. Thinking french onion soup . . . . do my shopping list from my food plan . . . . check out HIIT workouts on youtube to save for me to do . . .

This is my exercise plan, which was done for my by my sis in law who's a pt, it looks loads but actually about 30mins to an hour a day and combines cardio and strength training:

Monday: 20 to 30 mins of HIIT followed by Cxworx
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels kick box followed by Cxworx
Wednesday: Rest Day
Thursday: Strength legs and abs 20 mins HIIT
Friday: Strength Chest and triceps 20 mins HIIT
Saturday: Strength Shoulder and traps
Sunday: Strength back and Bicep followed by abs

This starts tomorrow so I'm gonna be aching :/

Lisa x x x

Don't feel like a lard arse, Jackie! I'm still a lard arse even though I'm going! :D I couldn't keep up with line dancing either, it's too much to think about with all those steps. At Zumba it's a case of shaking it and looking the part! :cool:

Good job pointing stuff still, Lisa! It can be quite tempting to brush it all aside, but that cheats no one but yourself, as we've probably all learned along the way.

I'm knackered just reading it!! Good plan with the soups you'll pull back the points easy, butternut & red pepper was always my favourite. I have written a shopping list, planned all my meals for the week so will be heading if to tesco later. Armed and ready!! I will be on the lookout for any new goodies we can indulge in!! Xx

I don't like to plan food for each day, but I do set out what meals I'm likely to have. So before I go shopping on Wednesday, I have sausage casserole and potato, soup and pittas, and roast. I like to keep things easy, so everything that can go in one pot or tray is in!

Oooh, and another exercise really good for toning is callanetics. You can find the video on Youtube, but it doesn't half make you ache! I think you're supposed to do it once a day, and in 19 days or something you have super toned muscles and everything is lifted. In my case, I won't see these muscles until the fat has gone, but it'll be nice to see that there once I'm slimmer!

Morning ladies! How exciting! Your backside will be so slinky Lorny :) I only really run, not on a treadmill though I like being outside (when i get off my bum). I like to dance too, I used to salsa with my friend which I loved, but when I get heavier it gets sweatier which, when you are dancing you're little socks off is not particularly sexy:cool:

We won't have to worry about being too flabby for it in a few months though, Hules! We'll be shaking it like the best of them! I'll probably do the callanetics a few times a week. Maybe alternate days with Monday/Thursday/Sunday on the bike, Zumba on Wednesdays and Tuesday/Saturday I can do the Callenetics. That way everything has a bit of a rest and it's all mixed up so it doesn't end up boring.

Evening ladies I've picked all afternoon at my mums! Can't wait for tomorrow and normality to be resumed. My daily points have just dropped by 3pts for the next 4 days to pull back in where I've gone over. At least I have my exercise sorted for tomorrow, come 9.30 I shall be working hard.

Lisa x x x

Yeah I always find the weekends hard at least when I'm in work I'm occupied saying that I'm a chef so am surrounded by food all day!!' You'll soon pull your points back lots of zero pt soup, sugar free jelly and you'll be well away!! X

Not the best start for us eh, ladies?! Ok, normalcy resumes tomorrow and it should be much easier to stick to a routine. I'm cooking extras tonight to take for lunch at uni. I'm also not bringing money to stop me spending it on crisps if I get tempted.

Heh, you're right there. Now ladies, it needs to be now! Or it'll be summer before we know it and we'll be no different. I know I just need to get my head back in the right place. I think I'm suffering sugar and junk withdrawal which makes it hard to resist. If i can get a few days under my belt I'll be okay. Hmmm, on a bit of one there :rolleyes:

I feel the same, Hules! I work a bit different though; the first week is easy, with the new found motivation, it's the second week that gets me! Once I can get past that second week I'm fine, but for some reason it dwindles, and I have no idea why.

Morning ladies, we all know the plan works I think we are our own worst enemies, don't know about the rest of you but I usually feel as if I'm missing out and when I give in and eat the 'naughty' stuff it's always disappointing!! Never tastes as nice I think it's going too Then I could kick myself and think 'WHY'. So I think as long as you allow for a treat a day you don't feel like your missing out and we should be ok!! Hules is right we have to do this now!!!

Hules and I were having this same conversation in July. Where are we now? Not where we thought all those months ago. I'm in a funk. I wasn't as good as I should have been to put me in good stead for my challenge goal. Damage control, low point food at dinner for a few days. I'm so disappointed in myself.

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Don't feel disappointed.. I know that's easy to say but you CAN do this!! Forget about what's behind and focus on this new start!! x

There's still all to play for! I know, it just gets on my nerves that I couldn't just stick to it. I'm at uni today though, I've got a 5pt lunch, and I'll bring my WW jaffa cake bar to nibble at break. When I get home hopefully my beau will be home not soon after (he works on a farm in Luton, so it's long hours and then it's the journey home), or else I might be tempted to be naughty. If he won't be home til half seven I might make dinner early and let him reheat his. I don't like not having dinner together though, but if this is what it takes then so be it! I'll go on my bike while dinner cooks as well, so it keeps me occupied.

Was it really July? Ahh pants! And I'm at least a stone heavier now :(. Right, this is day 2, I will not be chunky this summer!
Lorny, draw a line under it. Today will be a good day, and you have a plan. Home from uni, and prepare dinner. Then you are going to put your gym stuff on and get on your bike. Then go have a shower and when you get off why not have a low point snack? It can be your treat and it'll tide you over. Or maybe do eat early. You can still sit with him while he eats and have pud together!

Hi can I join you all, back on old ww points as of today. Had been on sw since oct but find it a bit slow going and restrictive. Did loose 9lb but had better loses with ww.

Had a good day so far. Planned for rest of day with 4 points left. I'm on 23 per day.
Hope everyone's had a good day xx

You're more than welcome honey!

Our regular daily chat thread is called 'The Check-in Point' and feel free to jump on in with the weigh ins and challenges. I'm on 23 points at the mo too. What are your plans for dinner? (Just being nosy, I'm always looking for inspiration :p) x

Back