Room for 1 more? He's here!!!

Gemma79

I will do this!
So today I had my first scan, measuring at 10weeks 3 days, due date is may 1st. This is my second pregnancy, I have a son who is 2.5 years. I'm really excited, anxious, elated, all that!

I did LL last year and lost 6 stone, put on 1 stone but feeling fab still and looking forward to having a real bump this time.

So... let the waiting and journey begin!

Gemma

Last edited:
Welcome and congratulations :)

so I've had two scans now, love being able to see my precious baby, it truly is amazing. I'm starting to feel better too now, coming out of the nausea and the tiredness is reducing too which is great as working full time and having a two year old is not great for napping!

I hope you are all well and looking after yourselves, we truly are blessed to be growing a baby! Gemma x

so I am now 16 weeks and yesterday finally got hubby to agree to a private Scan for sexing as I just couldn't wait to find out! It's strange that we wanted a surprise last time and were really happy we did. But last night we went off for our scan and I am delighted to announce I am having another gorgeous bouncing boy, who certainly wasn't shy about showing us his bits! So we have named him Harrison and now can't wait till we meet him in April and have 2, healthy sons. :grouphugg:

Congratulation!!!

Gorgeous name Harrison.

All the best with the rest of your pregnancy Gemma...exciting times ahead:family2:

thought I'd update a little. 23 weeks now and feeling really good, definitely love my belly and LOVE how people are able to tell I am pregnant rather than wonder if I have put on extra weight. With my first son, I was 6 stone heavier and so people didn't realise I was pregnant, this time is so much different and I feel great for it.

We started decoarating the nursery yesterday, going for green hills with sky and then safari themed stickers, all getting very real! Also need to feel out my maternity forms for work, sadly I will only get 4 months off, but at least I love my job!

Eating much better now, made a few new years resolutions, such as given up all cakes, biscuits, Chic and snacks except yogurt and fruit. I found I was slipping into bad behaviors and wanted to try to curb them as best I could. Put on 2 stone now, hate that! but will deal with it when he comes. Can't wait to meet my wee man, he is very active in there, often waking me at night, but there's something reassuring about that.

I have had almost 2 weeks off over Christmas and absolutely loved my time with my son and husband, makes you really appreciate what you have. Can't wait to meet Harrison and get to see what his personality is like. Hope you are all well and had an amazing Christmas!

28 weeks - wow time flies! Went to see midwife this week, all checks are fine, but I am measuring 30 weeks which is no surprise as I think they have got my dates wrong. This is a little worrying as they are booking me for a section on 26th, 27th or 28th April, my 'due date' is 1st May. I am sure I am going to go into labour early. Midwife says just to ring up and go in this happens and they will give me a section, if I was well under way I'd be tempted to try vbac and see.

I'm generally really well, feel the baby LOADS which is great as didn't have this experience last time when I was so over weight. The tiredness has returned and I know it will just get worse now until the baby comes, but I can live with that. It's worth every single second. My son will be 3 on Monday, and I can't believe how fast that has gone. I'm still amazed I grew him in me, next one will have the same I'm sure.

We finished the babies room at the weekend, feeling very organsied, wasn't this way first time round thats for sure, here's a few pics.

Hope you are all well,

Gemma

Attachments

• SAM_2044.jpg
    SAM_2044.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 90
  • SAM_2053.jpg
    SAM_2053.jpg
    485.8 KB · Views: 90
quick reply from me - almost there now! 5 weeks max today I will have my son in my arms. I will be having a c section and will find out the date of that on 6th April, really excited.

Decided to go for a 3D scan this week, loved seeing his little face. His nose is all squashed as there isn't much room in there anymore! Doctor said it's like his nose is pushed up against a window pane.

Anyway, still doing really well, surprisingly, feel really well, getting more tired running around after a 3 year old, but over all not bad at all, which is great! Can't wait to get my body back into shape afterwards, have really surcummed to chocolate the last few months, not good at all!

Hope you are all well, next post from me will probally be with pictures of my son!

Gemma

Attachments

• Harrison 3D.jpg
    Harrison 3D.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 72
ok so lots happening for me right ow! C-section booked for 27th April, IF I make it that far! Was at hospital yesterday with lots of cramps, had a show and generally feeling unwell. They have said I am in the early stages of labour, 1cm dilated and offered me to stay in hospital, but decided to come home as much better here! I'm hoping this weekend things start to happen as the 27th sounds so far away! However - as long as my son is healthy that's all that matters!

Good luck honey x

Good luck, can u try for a normal delivery , or will u be sectioned if u go into labour?

so today is the big day, the day I get to meet my son face to face. It's 4.30am and just can't sleep! I'm due at the hospital for 8am and just really excited to know before the day is out, Harrison will be here. Very surreal to know that, but made planning easy. I can't quite believe I have made it this far, being convinced he would come early, but we are here and the 27th April will be another special day for the Jones'. Hope you are all well, and pictures will come in a few days! x

Good lucj

Back