rosie's Diary:- the good, bad nd downright ugly!

Have you ever had one of those days where you go out full of good intentions but don't seem to do anything? Well I had one of them today.
I have been to the council to return a form they wanted me to fill in about rent/council tax benefit and was served by a boy who was young enough to still be wearing nappies! I was really good and took all the info they needed, proof of bank accounts, tax/child credit and a wage slip, but was that enough? Oh no!
the boy also decided he needed previous months bank statements, and more wage slips! So, as I get paid monthly I have got to take in my next two wage slips as well as my next two bank statements! Why do they mess you around like that? Ok, I could understand the next wage slip and statement but why two?
Anyway after I went to the council I went on the market to get my dog a new I.D. tag for his collar. His name is Billy, he is 1 year old and we got him from a shelter in Oct last year. Billy is a yorkie/Norwich terrier cross and soooo loving. He is full of fun but don't like loud noises. If you drop a pan lid he will get under the table and not come out for hours. He also has a widdling problem! If we have been out, even for 10mins, he is so pleased to see us that he piddles on our shoes! Now as soon as we get in we ignore him until the back door is open, then we say hello to him outside! Anyway, his new tag cost £3, and then I went to tesco's. I really only meant to buy 4 things in there, but somehow when I came out I was £37 pounds lighter, and had so much shopping I had to get a taxi home! And I forgot the milk which is one of the things I went in there for!!!!
Tip of the day:- take a shopping list with you, and stick to it, or you will end up like me, Skint, with a fridge full of stuff you don't really need, and drinking black coffee which you can't stand!

P.S. I didn't win the lotto!

lol you make me chuckle. i went to tesco today for 'a few bits' and ended up spending £105, so your £37s good going in comparison lol! x

why do we do it!!!??? I could be washed up on a desert island and still spend money!

well, hello all,
I am writing this while eating a prawn mayo sandwich, so sorry if I dribble on you!:p
Good news, my boil has completely gone. I only had to squeeze it the once so I must have gotten all the pus out :rolleyes:.
That mean i can now shave my armpit and get rid of the forrest that's growing there!
I think I got chatted up today, it's been so long since anything like that happened that i'm not sure! His name is James, he's 42, (2 years younger than me) has a lovely shaven head, blue eyes and a bum to die for! He also gave me his phone No. and told me to ring him if I fancied going out for a drink sometime.
I see him every Friday when he gets off his London train and he always wait until I can serve him when he buy his milk. I don't know if i should ring him or not! I have been single for 12 years now and have a very serious case of lack of confidence.
Well, maybe I should wait until next Friday, then give him my phone No. and let him ring me. After all, I don't want to come across as desperate, even if I am!!!
Oooops! have just dropped a prawn down my cleavage! Serves me right for trying to eat and type!
Tip of the day:- Don't support Norwich City Football Club, they are losing 1-0 and want a good kick up the bum!

ring him. new year new you. put yourself out of your comfort zone. he obviously likes you or he wouldnt have given you his number would he?
just noticed you are in norwich - i love the city. lived there for a while and went to UEA. my sister still lives there so i go there regularly. really miss the place and would love to move back but hubby owns a business where we are now so nooooooo chance. love the shops!

I was born next-door to Norwich Prison, and can honestly say I don't want to leave Norwich. Once you live here, it's in your heart forever! Perhaps if I had a glass of alcohol I could scrape up the courage to phone him! tho' with my luck, I'd drink too much and come across as an idiot!
P.s Norwich got a goal and the final score was 1-1 Maybe we not so bad after all!

Ohmygod!!! I can't believe it's Saturday already!!!:(
I have been waiting for two years for the council to get off their bums and replace my central heating, and they're coming at 8am sharp Monday morning! :D That's not the bad news tho', the bad news is that as i'm now working my sister is coming to dog-sit! :(
She is a lovely sister to meet in the city for coffee and shopping, but you don't want her house/dog-sitting!!!!!!
Her house is so clean and hygenic you can eat your dinner off the floor. My house is "lived in". She would have 40 fits if she could see it now, so I am about to embark on the biggest cleaning blitz this house has ever seen! There's the kitchen to do, the bathroom, living room, the spare room where she will sleep, as well as the hallway/stairs!
Not to mention all the clothes that need washing, drying and ironing!
The council say it will take 4 days in all, so for 4 days when it is supposed to be snowing and in the minuses, I will have no heating and hot water for the last 2 days only! And as i'm losing weight i don't have as much fat on me to keep me warm!
Anyway, my sister is coming tomorrow afternoon so I must get on and clean for England! But I think a cup of coffee is first on the list to build my strengh up!
Tip of the day:- if your house proud relative is coming to visit, don't leave all the cleaning til the last minute! :sigh:

Rosie,
I'm new on here and love your diary. It's my 'have-a-laugh' fix for the day.
Oh and I had my mispent youth in Norwich. Lived in a flat in College Rd 1979-81.

Please carry on with your diary, I love it!

Tina x

Hello and welcome, Tina.
I'm not far from College rd, in fact my brother lived there years ago, small world isn't it?!
Thank you for reading my diary, it seems that nearly every entry has a note of panic or woe somewhere, but that's (my) life! I suppose everyone's the same, but probably have close friends or close relatives to talk to, I don't so this forum is my way of dealing with life issues. anyway, i'm glad someone is reading and all my ramblings may help others, even if it's to have a laugh! After all the world would be a crappy place if we couldn't laugh at ourselves!

Your diary entries are great! Loved the tips, I am glad someone else has mentioned the scales wobbling and having to stand on them about 20 times to get a weigh in. No one else seems to have that problem in my class - b words! Good luck with your weight loss. I think its going to be a long haul. xx

is the house all spic and span then?!? x

You cheeky b*ggers!
Yes I got the house spic and span, but I really really, REALLY wish I hadn't bothered!!!!!!!!!
My sister came Sunday tea-time and was so tired she didn't even pay attention to how clean the house was! She had been out nightclubbing Sat night with her toyboy (she's 48, he's 24!) and didn't get home til 4:30 Sun morning!
Any way, the builders came Mon morning when I was at work and the first thing they done was turned off the gas! So there was no hot water or heating. They changed all the radiators and put in my new boiler. then they left at 5:30pm, too late for me to go to S.W. for my weigh -in. My darling sister had enough and went home when I got home from work, and won't be back until I go to work Wed. morning!
I have been told the hot water and heating won't be back on til Thurs.!! I'ts been snowing here so we freezing! The men have given me fan heaters to use while the heating is off, but they are like a flea on an elephants ar*e!! A little thing trying to cover a very large area.
Right, now I have brought you all up to date I'm going to make a cup of coffee to warm me up, and cuddle up under a quilt on the sofa.
Oh yes I forgot to say that my son's school has been shut due to Winter Vomiting Disease!!
I will try to report in tomorrow, but I may be a frozen popsicle!!!
Tip of the day:- If you have your heating changed, don't bother tidying up, as the builders will turn your house into a bomb-site!!!!

quick news flash!
Men have now gone home for the day and i'm f.f.f.f.......freezing!

Who say miracles don't happen? Norwich City drew 3-3 with wolves tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"hangs head in shame" I must get it off my chest and tell you before I go to bed that I had a takeaway Chinese tonight.
I had sweet and sour pork balls, special fried rice, and pineapple fritters.
It was lovely, but the guilty feeling is now giving me indigestion!

I think you had a good excuse Rosie, you must be freezing!

Those halogen heaters are good; cheap to buy, cheap to run, effective and you feel like you're sitting in the sunshine.

Night night. Hope you've got a hotty botty.

Tina x

Back