rosie's Diary:- the good, bad nd downright ugly!

Hi Rosie, glad the date went well, I was wondering how it had gone!, hey going to Cromer is no excuse to have fish and chips, it should be crab you are having, much more SW friendly lol!

Hello, and welcome to my diary, Irene! It's usually full of ramblings and random thoughts, when I suppose it should be full of how well the diet is going, blah blah blah! :p
Yes Rach, date went very well especially as I fit a bit better in the seat! ;)
Cromer was lovely, a bit windy but just right for a walk on the beach. We took my dog and he went absolutely scatty!!! I think he thought the sea was a huge bath and dived straight in, it was a good job he was on a lead or I think he would be in France by now.
The fish and chips were lush, all hot and salty. Crab gives me a dicky tummy, rach, or I would have had one! (Or two, or three!)
We decided that as we were having such a lovely day out we would prolong it, and drove round the coast to Great Yarmouth, where we had a few games of bingo and I won £150!
Well, I gave my brother some money off the petrol and will spend the rest on frivoulous things like erm......?
Can't decide between a joke of the day, or a tip of the day so will leave you with both
Tip of the day:- to make sure you are measuring liquids exactly, invest in a baby's feeding bottle. The measurements are in ml. and fl. oz. and you maybe amazed how much you can over-guesstimate just 1fl oz.
Joke of the day:- A terrorist jumps up from his seat on a plane and says "this is a hijack" and pulls down a balaclava. He says to a passenger, "did you see my face?" the man replies "yes" so the hijacker shoots him dead. he turns to the next man and asks "did you see my face?" Quick as a flash the man replies, "No, but my wife did!"

Just a quick visit today as I have a chicken and mushroom quiche in the oven getting ready for the SW tasting session tonight. I don't think I have lost anything this week as it's the TOTM! It had been 5 weeks since my last one, so think I am either on the change, or my weight loss is affecting it.
I am also going on my second date with James tonight, just drinks in a pub, but it's a night out!
Thought of the day:- If you were at the end of your weight-loss journey, do you think you as a person would change along with your body shape? Or do you think you would be exactly the same? I know I am getting more confident as the weight is coming off, but would the very "essence" of me be changed?

I think we change for the better, more confidence, but the same old us will still be there, just less of us to see!!

How are things Rosie? I havent seen you around for a while.

I is soooper-doooper!! thanx for asking! Quiche is now out of the oven and smelling heavenly!
I was going to make truffles as well, but ran out of time.
Will post tomorro how W.I. went. (Fingers crossed!)

Well I had a gain at W.I. of 1.5lbs!!! :copon:
I have narrowed the cause down to three things:- 1) fish and chips! 2)time of the month, and 3) sucking cough sweets!
Fish and chips is an easy one to solve, don't eat them!
Time of the month is more difficult to solve, but I am hoping that this will settle down. I used to be on a perfect 28 day cycle, but now I can go up to 5/6 weeks between periods. My class con. say this could contribute to a gain.
Cough sweets are a major problem tho'! As I work in a food shop I can't cough all over the goods! (Or the customers.) and last week I must have had at least 5/6 packets that I did not syn.
But at least I know why I gained and am not beating myself up over it, or thinking of quitting. :p
My second date went well, we visited a local pub and I stuck religiously to diet coke! I found we have a lot in common, but must admit that I have a "thing" about men with a skin-head and he look gorgeous with his, I just had enough self control not to keep rubbing his head!
I did have a laugh when my boy came home from school. His class were asked to write down the words they knew to God Save The Queen.
Well my boy took so long that the teacher was impressed and thought he must surely know every verse! So he asked my boy to read it out and was gobsmacked when he duely read out what he had written.
It wasn't the National Anthem my son had written, but the entire Sex Pistols song of the same title!!! Well, the teacher was speechless but congratulated my son on having an excellent taste in music!
I have all the Sex Pistol cd's and play them every week, so my son has been raised on them as well as The Clash, and all the other great punk bands. I bet he is prob. the only pupil in his school to have heard of Tommy by the Who and can sing it!
Anyway got to go and update all my weight info so will give you my tip of the day:-when you go shopping buy a food you have never tried before. It maybe an exotic fruit/veg or a new fish or even a type of grain. You won't know if you like it if you don't try it, and variety is the spice of life!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY??????????? am I soooooooo stupid!!!!! And vain!!!!!!! :copon:
I am a size 30/32 clothes but today I had a total brain mis-function!
A couple of months ago I bought myself a pair of Avon Smart Pants, you know the sort, they pull everything in and give you a smoother flatter tummy!
Well these were more like shorts than pants, and only a size 22/24.
Today I decided that because I have lost almost 2st, they would fit me. So I struggled to pull them on (I think I broke 2 ribs) and went off to work, feeling 10st lighter!
Well that lasted until I sat down on the bus! The top of the shorts decided they had defied gravity long enough and rolled down to form a ring of approx 1 inch around my groin, nestling safely under me roll of tummy fat. Then the legs of these bloody shorts decided that they had had enough also and they rolled up, straining to be reunited with the top half.
That left me with a great wad of material bunched around me like a bike tyre!
I managed to get off the bus and into work ok, thinking that I would dive into the loo's at work and take them off (I did have normal knickers on) but that plan was scuppered as the loo was occupied! So I had no choice but to start work with this torture device clinging tighter and tighter, and me afraid to bend over incase something gave!
Two hours I had to be like this! And I think it was my body's way of telling me off for being vain!
Oh the relief when it finally came off!
Tip of the day:- Pull-it-all-in-pants can be a great moral booster, but only if you wear them in the right size! Else they turn into a vicious torture device. :wave_cry:

Lol....oh dear!!!!
Pull in pants are evil!!!
You son definitely has good taste in music and well done to him for writing it out!
My 3 year old can sing the welsh national anthem perfectly (me and Hubby are welsh), we have yet to sing God Save the Queen, as I find it depressing as an anthem! Why not something loud and encouraging like Scottish, Irish or even the French one...no...dont get me started on that one!

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY??????????? am I soooooooo stupid!!!!! And vain!!!!!!! :copon:
I am a size 30/32 clothes but today I had a total brain mis-function!
A couple of months ago I bought myself a pair of Avon Smart Pants, you know the sort, they pull everything in and give you a smoother flatter tummy!
Well these were more like shorts than pants, and only a size 22/24.
Today I decided that because I have lost almost 2st, they would fit me. So I struggled to pull them on (I think I broke 2 ribs) and went off to work, feeling 10st lighter!
Well that lasted until I sat down on the bus! The top of the shorts decided they had defied gravity long enough and rolled down to form a ring of approx 1 inch around my groin, nestling safely under me roll of tummy fat. Then the legs of these bloody shorts decided that they had had enough also and they rolled up, straining to be reunited with the top half.
That left me with a great wad of material bunched around me like a bike tyre!
I managed to get off the bus and into work ok, thinking that I would dive into the loo's at work and take them off (I did have normal knickers on) but that plan was scuppered as the loo was occupied! So I had no choice but to start work with this torture device clinging tighter and tighter, and me afraid to bend over incase something gave!
Two hours I had to be like this! And I think it was my body's way of telling me off for being vain!
Oh the relief when it finally came off!
Tip of the day:- Pull-it-all-in-pants can be a great moral booster, but only if you wear them in the right size! Else they turn into a vicious torture device. :wave_cry:

you actually have me loling!! x

well, my smart pants have been buried in the bottom of my wardrobe now, underneath the photo albums, old shoes and winter coats that are also too small at the minute! And there they will stay until I pluck up the courage to look at them again!
I went shopping today and picked up a funny little gadget, called an iron, I vaguely recall my mum having one, but since I left home 26 years ago, I haven't seen or used one. I believe it is used hot to get rid of wrinkles in clothes and other material things and thought that maybe I should give it a go!
My son has informed me I look much nicer when my clothes are smooth. Wish me luck with this thing, and maybe, just maybe, I may grow to love the blessed thing! (I think Hell has more chance of freeing over than that happening!)
Any way, my poem (Yes, poem!) of the day:-
A Woman's Poem.
Before I lay me down to sleep,
I pray for a man who's not a creep,
One who's handsome, smart and strong,
One who love's to listen long.
One who think before he speaks,
One who'll call, not wait for weeks.
I pray he's rich and self-employed,
And when I spend won't get annoyed.
Pull out my chair and hold my hand.
Massage my feet, and help me stand.

(the man's poem was much too rude to print on here!)

ah bless, you'll grow to love your hold me ins i tell ya. mine are a godsend! x

well, hello all, and welcome to Fri' nights ramble!
It's now 11:26pm and although my body is tired, my mind is racing! Maybe the litre of diet coke I just drank has something to do with it!
We had the police round earlier, wanting to know if we heard/knew anything about a fight that went on 2 houses down last night, and we knew nothing!
Once our curtains are shut we could be on another planet! Being slightly deaf doesn't help either.
I have finally plucked up the courage and sent off for my prov. driving licence, and they sent me the photo back, saying it wasn't good enough. Apparently your head has to be a certain size (?) and you are not allowed to smile or show your teeth. So I had to pay another £4 for more photo's and they have been sent off, hopefully this one will be ok! So it shouldn't be too long until I am let loose in a car, terrorising the neighbourhood!
Will leave you with a tip of the day:-
Make sure you always carry a Hi-Fi bar, or similar in your handbag. Then if you are out and feel peckish, you can eat it as one of your HE.B and not feel tempted to buy something naughty like chips, or choccy, or pies, or...............!

Saturday today and I had a change from my usual Morrisons shop, I went looking for wallpaper to decorate my living room. After the builders had finished there was a desperate need to decorate as there is a big square of bare plaster where they removed the gas fire and blocked the hole. I also have a wooden box in the corner of the room, up on the ceiling, where the flue from the water heater comes thro' the kitchen wall and out the living room wall. this box is approx 2ft x 1ft x 1ft so not a pretty sight!
I was told to leave any decorating for a month to allow the new plaster to dry out, and now the month is up I can't wait to get on with it!
At the minute the room is painted, but I do like wallpaper and it's just a matter of the right one. The paper I looked at this morning was awful, big flowers on a horrid background, but I have another 3 shops to visit so hopefully will soon find one I like.
I had an awful night last night, I dreamed I had wet the bed and woke to find that actually I had had a drink and dropped the glass!
My quilt was soaked, and I had to get up and change it for my spare. My nighty was also wet so that went in the wash too, luckily the drink hadn't gone onto my mattress. I think, cough or no cough, I won't be taking a drink to bed in future!
Ok, joke of the day:-
Paddy pulls alongside a lorry and shouts, "Oi driver yer losing yer load!"
Driver says "B*gger off!" 5 miles further along, "Oi driver, yer losing yer load"
"Will you b*gger off!" 5 miles further along Paddy yells "I'm not joking, honest yer losing yer load" The driver replies "will you go away, you twit, I'm gritting the road!"

what colours are you going for? like the joke of the day! x

hello rainbow,
I don't know what colours to go for! At the min my room is painted half green and half blue (not as bad as it sounds!) My flat was painted a bright lipstick pink with a lilac ceiling!
I think I will know what I want when I see it, my taste is a bit "exotic" to say the least.
I did my weekly shop today, but instead of Morrisons my brother was a darling and took me to Asda. I usually go there on high days and holidays, so I went armed with my SW food directories and a sort of list and had a lovely 1.5 hours wandering about the store! It's amazing the different things they have there, and I think I shall go there more often. I usually go in Morrisons, pick up the same things, pay and go home. So my meals each week are usually pretty much the same. But at Asda, due to the different layout of the shop I had to stop and look at things, so have bought new things, meaning that 90% of my meals this coming week will be different. The only downside is that I spent £98 instead of my usual £50! I will keep a note and see if my weight loss is any different next mon.
Tip of the day:- To stop your eating plan becoming predictable, make a rule that you can have each meal only once a fortnight, even if it's your favourite. This will make sure you have a varied menu. (This is something I have decided to do as my meals were becoming, dare I say it, boring!)

thanks for my funky colourful hello, bet that took a while lol! i know what you mean bout meals becoming a bit boring, i got fed up of chicken and bacon so havent had it for a while.... but now ive remembered bout it i think i'll have it tomorrow night!!! you had a good weekend? xxx

Had lovely weekend, thanx Rainbow!
Apart fron Norwich losing the footie, that is! We are now second from bottom in the Championship and things are looking bleak!
I may have to cover my Norwich City tattoo up if we get relegated, as I may not recover from the shock.
(That's an idea, Iwonder how much it would cost to do my room in Norwich City wallpaper?!)

ah good lord norwich wall paper - lol!! dont really follow footie, we're more into motor sport in our house, moto gp qualifying thingys started this aft xxx

Moto gp is two wheels isn't it? I must admit to being a closet Grand Prix watcher, I love the speed they go at! Hopefully when I start learning to drive I won't turn into Nigel Mansell!!!!!!!!!!
We were so short-handed at work today it was mayhem! The chilled delivery came and there was only me to put it on the shelves. As thats not my usual duty it took me a couple of hours to do, but it all went out eventually. Then I got back to my normal Monday duty of filling up the chocolate shelves. Bars and bars of lovely, scrummy chocolate! :D
It's torture for someone who is on a diet, Especially the crunchie bars, they're my favourite!
But what was even worse this morning was that everyone seemed to need a cup of coffee. The smell of coffee was gorgeous, better than usual, but that was probably because I missed my cup this morning, due to the fact that my son decided to use all the milk on his breakfast! grrrr......:copon: I can't drink black coffee so had mood swings all morning due to a lack of caffeine, and the cup I had when I got home was fandabbydozy!!!!
Got to run now, I have to shave me bits ready for my date tonight after WI, but will leave you with a joke of the day, it's a bit naughty so be warned! :-
A loving couple made a deal that whoever died first would come back and tell the other about the afterlife.Their biggest fear was that there was no afterlife.
After a long and happy life the husband was the first to go, and true to his word he made contact with his wife.
"Mary Mary,"
"Is that you, Fred?"
"Yes, I've come back like we agreed."
"What's it like?"
"Well, I get up in the morning, I have sex. I have breakfast, off to the golf course, I have sex. I bathe in the sun and then I have sex twice. I have lunch, another romp around the golf course, then sex pretty much all afternoon. After supper golf course again, then I have sex until late at night. The next day it starts all over again!"
"Oh Fred you surely must be in heaven"
"Not exactly, i'm a rabbit in Suffolk!" :p

Back