rosie's Diary:- the good, bad nd downright ugly!

hey just read your diary and it did make me giggle

I hope your sons okay :(

And as for being a norwich city supporter.................I work at the riverside retail park next to your ground and i finished work at five on that day................ ive never seen so many people with there head down lol also made me giggle :)

keep strong and keep smiling x

hi hun
never spoken to you before, but have often peeked into your diary!

devastated to hear about your son! bet you were stressed to the max!
hope you and him can settle down into "normality" now and back to SW when the time is right again for you.

many hugs
xxx

oh rk - what an ordeal, glad he's coping well, and you will do soon, it'll just take some getting used to for both of you. no wonder the diet went out of the window. welcome back and you know where we are if you want a moan/cry/yell etc etc xxx

Well, I have decided that enough's enough and it's time to get back on the slimming world plan. I am starting a count-down to monday, when I shall start again from scratch.
I had a preview of my weight and am glad to say that I haven't put back on all that I lost (not quite, anyway!)
My son is doing fine now, thanks to medical care and his artificial limbs, tho' he still find it hard to wipe his bottom! He is going to counsoulling once a fortnight and is doing well at school, even tho' he missed so much.
My daughter gave birth to a whopping 13lb 4oz baby boy, and couldn't cross her legs for 2 weeks!
I had to change jobs, to do different hours, and am settling in quite well at the place where "every little helps!" At least I get to sit down while working the tills!
So, I am finding up all my old S W books, but shall not be going to classes this time, so will rely on you lot to keep me on the straight and narrow!
Will log in tomorrow to let you know how i'm doing!

Evening all!!
Had a good day today, I sorted out all my S W books ready for monday, and as it was lovely sunshine I nipped to see mum in the cemetery. Had a good "chat" with her and felt much better afterwards.
I visited my Dr who has halved the anti-depressants i'm on so I must be feeling better!
Hello, Slim, nice to "see" you again. It's been a revelation who still come on this site from the "old days". People I was looking forward to seeing are gone, and soooo many new faces! I hope to meet all of them at some point!
I think I'm now in the right frame of mind to pick up S W where I left off, although a few of the stones I lost have returned! I couldn't have done it any earlier due to my probs, and I knew I wasn't ready. I didn't want to start again but with half a heart as that would mean probable failure, followed by total bingeing, followed by more failure, and so on and so on........ well you know how it goes!
Anyway, enough rambling!
I am totally ready for the big day to come, a little bit nervous about updating all my facts and figures, tho!
Am off now as phone ringing and that's downstairs while i'm upstairs!
Will catch you all tomorrow

Hello Rosie

I've been laughing and crying whilst reading your diary - you're such a good writer.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. It must have been a terrible time for you both. I've been there myself (children and health issues) and know how frightening it is.

Well done for getting back to SW. I started a couple of weeks ago and find diaries like yours a great inspiration. May even start one of my own!

Now I really must go to bed. I meant to go an hour ago but I was hooked on your diary!

I know, I can ear you all say it "oh my god, she's back!"
yes, and this time it's perminant!!!
I have looked long and hard at my life, and am really really disgusted that all the hard work I did with sw before went to waste- or should that be waist?!
I have put all the weight on that i lost, plus a bit more.
Not sure exactly how much more as had a hissy fit and threw the scales out of the front door!
I am re-starting tomorrow, but will have to go to argos to buy new scales (ahem!) before I can update my details.
So look forward to meeting old friends and new, and will catch you all tomorrow!

Welcome back Rosie. I shall look forward to sharing in your journey and the tales from your life, and the unique way in which you recount them.

Hello stranger - aww it's fantastic to see you again, how are you? How is your son? Welcome back xx

Thanky for your kind welcome back's!
I don't know if I really deserve them! Well I went to argos and got me scales, and stood on them with my eyes shut tight! It took me 10, yes 10 minutes to get the courage to actually look at them but after giving myself a stern talking to, I finally managed it!

I have put on all the weight I lost, apart from 3lb!
I was sooooo ashamed that I sat and had a good cry, a fag and a cup of coffee!
But today is a new day and I am determined to DO IT this time!
I'm not going to classes as my local nurse has said I can go and weigh in in her office, woo!

Now then, lets see if there's been any major events to tell you about...........................................................Oh yes, I passed my driving test in May this year, and.................me and James tied the knot!!!!!!!!!
I'm an old married woman now, and loving every minute!
Well thats enough shocks for you all for the minute, I won't even mention the little event we're expecting in 7 months!................
......Just joking! Not really!
Am off to look at all the other postings so will catch you all laters...

Evening all!
Well have survived my first full day back on track!
It was easier than expected as dh was 110% behind me. He was by my side thro' all my trials of the last year or so, and I really don't know how I would have coped without him. I waited 45 years to get married but hooked myself a bloody good'un!!
Due to my son's probs I don't work at the mo, but am now starting to look for a part-time job just to keep me busy.
I have moved house as well, to a s****y 4 bed dh had, he say I married him for his money, but I tell him it was actually for his swimming pool!
It's amazing what you can do in it at 4 in the morning when you can't sleep!
Am now off to look at the rest of mm's so will catch you all tomorrow,
laters, Rosie

Just joking, Louise!
Not pregnant!!!!
Dh nearly had a heart attack when he read that bit, as he had the snip years ago!
Missed yesterday as my son was having problems. You may have heard of ghost limbs, where a missing leg etc "hurts".My son suffers alot from this in his leg ang curls up in agony with it. There's not a lot we can do to help him, he is slowly learning how to deal with it by himself.
We all went shopping this morning and the city centre was full to the brim. Didn't realise but Katie Price was in Waterstones book shop doing a signing. It never fails to amaze me how popular she is when you think she was "just" a model. She must have amazing business brains, or a bloody good advisor. I would love to know how much she is worth, bet it's a few quid!
Diet is going well, I found it was like putting on a favourite t-shirt! A comfy, reassuring fit.
Although I re-started on a wed, I shall weigh on a mon so I don't "slip" over the weekend!
Am off now to read rest of MM so see you later!

Am reporting in early today as me dh son and dog are off for a trip to seaside to take dog for a swim! And maybe a go on slot machines!
It will be a free for all between me and dh who grab the car keys first as we both like to drive, but I have a sneaky plan to get them by creeping up behind him and licking his neck!
That make him go all wobblely so should be easy to grab the keys!
Who say all's fair in love and war!
Will report back later to let you know how my day went so bye for now

I won the battle of the car keys and had a lovely drive to Cromer.
Dog went nutty in the sea, and "caught" a crab in a small pool! He missed being nipped by milimetres, and whined pitifully as he was pulled away.
Dh took his life in his hands by trying to push me into the sea, but with my weight behind me it was him who took a swim!
Luckily he had spare clothes in the car!
Lunch was a jacket pot with beans and salad in Morrisons, followed by a slow drive home.
While I am busy updating you dh is trying to put up a few shelves! he's not good at d.i.y, bless him, the last shelf he put up collapsed when a book was put on it! So I usually do that sort of thing, but he's feeling manly today and told me to clear off while he get on with it!
Will leave you with a quick joke,
Paddy finds a sandwich with 2 red wires sticking out of it. He phones the police and says "bejesus, I've found a sandwich dat looks like a bomb!"
The operator asks "is it ticking?"
"no" says Paddy, "I tink it's beef!"

Evening all!
Weighed in this morning and nursey was pleased to announce a 3lb loss!
That's the first milestone out of the way, I have actually lost some weight now so can feel slightly proud of myself!
Dh gave me a big wet sloppy kiss when he got home as a "reward", boy am I glad that the class consultants didn't do that!!!
Went for a job interview today for a job as a dinner-lady, don't know how I got on but will hear either way by the end of next week. We are goingto a little seaside place called Hemsby for a weeks holiday in 2 weeks time, so want to shift as much as poss by then. As we will be self-catering it shouldn't be hard to stay on plan!
Now off to look at the recipe bit so will leave you with a joke-
Was sitting with my wife last night watching a lovely romantic film, when out of the blue she suddenly said I was the most annoying bugger she'd ever met!
Do you know, I was so shocked I nearly dropped my vuvuzela!!!

Afternoon all,
just a quick visit today as off to do weekly shop. It's soooo much easier since I passed my driving test! No more waiting for buses and taxi's!
I usually take my neighbour but she's away on her hols and left me in charge of her house. I don't mind apart from the fact that her pets are snakes, blah.......! they are in a glass case just inside her front door and seem to look at you as you go in! I know it's cheating, but I sent dh round when I can!
Joke of the day-
The pope's doing a crossword and says to the bishop, "four letter word for a woman ending in UNT"
Bishop replies "AUNT"
Pope say "very good, have you got any tippex?!"

Hi

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying reading your diary, good luck in your re-start, after everything you've been through I'm sure you'll have the determination to get to your goal.

Am loving your jokes, your diary is going to be my entertainment at work for the forseeable future........Thank you

Back