roughly how many carbs

thanks hun.....

hardly any carbs in green veg but eeeeew, green veggies are the worst. Id rather eat poo

lol at moleymole - its like confession time but sneakily got away with it....I like that ;)

LOL I lost 4lb that week :) my CDC did know about it though it was my cousins wedding and I was very good and didn't have any pudding and only at the chicken on my dinner - but I could not resist the roll lol

rice - approx 25g
Curry past - neglible

i have just checked this for you and its more like 47g of carbs, thats with my basmati rice, average portion.

I would suggest looking at nutrional values before you eat, if you are unsure, post it on here and someone is always here to help.

I hope it hasn't slowed your weightloss down too much.

Shazza, does dietary fibre include both soluble and insoluble?

Yes both types are good for you, If found in their original state ie insoluble - green veg, nuts, seeds, or soluble - oats, nuts etc

Never seen them split on a nutrional label tho. Why do you ask?

It was in the context of the nett carbohydrate scores. Although my diet is basically calorie counted, I am also trying to limit my carbohydrates. I would like to use the Atkins rules as a basis for my carb scoring.

Oh yes I did look at your link before posting. It's just that it's all in cups, so I'd have to start from scratch working out my own values per food for my database, which is all in 100g units. So I just wondered if I should calculate oat bran, which has soluble fibre the same as say wheat bran which has insoluble fibre. I think my problem is that I don't really understand what "soluble" means. Does it mean we digest that type of fibre?

Hers another link
Fiber 101: Soluble Fiber vs Insoluble Fiber

I know its american, but the logic is there.

Both Fibre is deducted as they both near enough have the same function, to rid you of food!

I would say the souble fibre keeps your food in your stomach for longer to give you a feeling of fullness, that got to be good.

one thing is for sure, when Im done with this blasted diet, I am having an atkins style of eating/living. Carbs are my nemesis and always will be.
Im going to have saturday as my carb day for the rest of my life - god, I cant bloody wait to lick a chip again!

hmmmm chips... i dont miss them as much as i thought i would its more pasta..

Back